Air Canada Outbid

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Air Canada Outbid

Post by Fanblade »

tsgas wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:10 am
Fanblade wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:35 am
fish4life wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:30 am One interesting thing that I don’t think anyone will know is whether or not Onex was in talks with transat as well
We will never know for certain. However the timelines overlap between Onex talking to WJ, and WJ making an offer to Transat. In all likelihood Onex was attempting to stay under the radar and WJ was used as a proxy to put feelers out to Transat. If Onex could get WJ to nab Transat before showing their face, there would be no time for AC to react.

As it turned out the WJ offer to Transat instead prompted the Transat BOD to go public and announce it had an unsolicited decent offer and sought higher bidders. This forced Onex/WJ to announce what had been going on behind closed doors. AC jumped immediately.

I don’t think this is over by a long shot. I don’t think Onex has finished. AC right now is probably just watching and running down the clock on what may now be a three way race.
Pure speculation :roll:
Of course it is speculation. Speculation based on a history of how Schwartz operates.

https://www.lapresse.ca/affaires/entrep ... ransat.php

Who do you figure the unnamed partner is? Yes I’m speculating, but again, it has his hallmarks.

Either way it is now possibly a three way horse race at the eleventh hour.

Mach waives financing conditions

https://canadianaviationnews.wordpress. ... f-transat/
---------- ADS -----------

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

$17-20? :smt033

They are egging AC on with that statement... Let them have it!

Daniel Cooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Daniel Cooper »

Mach has a deal with the Province of Quebec for funding.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5429970/tran ... overnment/

garfield
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by garfield »

Well maybe the new bidder is backed up by Onex behind the curtains!

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

A deal has been reached pending Transat Shareholder and Regulator approval.

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2019-06 ... -Companies

indieadventurer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by indieadventurer »

Air Transat and Transat brands to be maintained to complement the Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge and Air Canada Vacations brands.
Interesting point there, so the Transat brand will still be around. Does this mean the pilots will be integrated or remain separate as well?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Mach can't come with a "due diligence" period now... It's firm, no BS, no conditions, offer at $14/share or better, or hit the road.

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Victory »

Okay well the shareholders aren't going to agree to that.

Daniel Cooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Daniel Cooper »

indieadventurer wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:58 am
Air Transat and Transat brands to be maintained to complement the Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge and Air Canada Vacations brands.
Interesting point there, so the Transat brand will still be around. Does this mean the pilots will be integrated or remain separate as well?
Here comes that C-scale. I wonder what magic beans they'll offer to let it happen.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

The ACPA contract prohibits pilots not on its seniority list from operating aircraft with 80 seats or greater for Air Canada. The purchase therefore requires integration.

What isn't known is if AC will run Transat like it runs Rouge. A seperate entity that uses ACPA pilots.

In the short term everything will be seperate. It will take a year or two to integrate. Longer term I would suspect that Transat's brand is more valuable than that of Rouge. I suspect the Rouge brand will disapear. In fact I asked someone in management that direct question. The answer was this likely means the end of Rouge.

But again. That will take a couple of years.

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

Fanblade wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:32 am
The ACPA contract prohibits pilots not on its seniority list from operating aircraft with 80 seats or greater for Air Canada. The purchase therefore requires integration.

What isn't known is if AC will run Transat like it runs Rouge. A seperate entity that uses ACPA pilots.

In the short term everything will be seperate. It will take a year or two to integrate. Longer term I would suspect that Transat's brand is more valuable than that of Rouge. I suspect the Rouge brand will disapear. In fact I asked someone in management that direct question. The answer was this likely means the end of Rouge.

Says the Transat pilot..... Forget integration, won't happen period.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

FL-280 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:35 am
Fanblade wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:32 am

Says the Transat pilot..... Forget integration, won't happen period.
I am an AC pilot. It will happen. Gauranteed. Talk to an ACPA rep.

sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by sanjet »

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/group-mach- ... -1.1296680
Montreal real estate developer Group Mach is offering Transat A.T. shareholders $14 per share in an effort to scoop up 19.5 per cent of the airline's shares in order to block its sale to Air Canada.

pilotbzh
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by pilotbzh »

Return to “Air Transat”