AC and TRZ Agree to Terminate Arrangement

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

160tonoaha
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Air Canada and Transat announce Increased Purchase Price to $18 per Share

Post by 160tonoaha »

Man, some of these attitudes from us AC pilots is just as sickening as our “my shit don’t stink” faces in person.
Transat pilots, there are a majority that don’t reflect the altiplano’s and the rest. Transat pilots shall count their lucky stars? Didn’t everyone of us have to pass the interview to join AC? Did we count our lucky stars when we joined? Or were we exempt to count our lucky stars because “we had what it took to join big red?” Give me a break, we started bitching from day one about the 37,500 salary, and fuckk senior captains and etc. I thought being at AC meant counting lucky stars? Those TS pilots actually test for skill, competence, and attitude in the sim before being hired. What do we check for? Our hiring metrics are as good as how good SR fist bumps candidates and gives them the round of bull shit before he pfos the majority because of a chip on his shoulders. I get the whole me before you mentality, it’s very AC of us. Meanwhile it looks like the group over at Transat are jointly looking at doing what ever it takes to preserve the company. Who are the true group of leaders? Petty AC pilots with selfish remarks or the latter?
---------- ADS -----------

derateNO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by derateNO »

I don't know about others but yes I very much did "count u my lucky stars" when I got hired at AC.

And now to see people who were my FOs at Jazz and left to AT and ditching the AC brand, end up likely having a higher seniority than me does make me annoyed. So what, am I not allowed to be annoyed?

jpilot77
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jpilot77 »

derateNO wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:21 pm I don't know about others but yes I very much did "count u my lucky stars" when I got hired at AC.

And now to see people who were my FOs at Jazz and left to AT and ditching the AC brand, end up likely having a higher seniority than me does make me annoyed. So what, am I not allowed to be annoyed?
1000%

Annoyed but resigned to the fact that they played their cards better or were luckier than I was.

Welcome to Redneck Airlines. We might not get you there but we'll get you close!
derateNO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by derateNO »

jpilot77 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:41 pm
derateNO wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:21 pm I don't know about others but yes I very much did "count u my lucky stars" when I got hired at AC.

1000%

Annoyed but resigned to the fact that they played their cards better or were luckier than I was.
Nothing to do with playing cards.

Full on luck.

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

This is a tough thread to read .. you'd think that after all the battles that pilots have waged in this industry, we would have learned a thing or two along the way. Instead we see the sins of our fathers being repeated time and time again .. I leave you with this ..

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the Courage to change the things I can, and Wisdom to know the difference."
~Reinhold Niebuhr

Cheers ..

Last edited by Localizer on Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

jpilot77 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:41 pm

1000%

Just remember that the last hand of cards hasn't been dealt yet.

jpilot77
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jpilot77 »

I just want to be clear I will welcome all Transat pilots once they are part of Air Canada.

Welcome to Redneck Airlines. We might not get you there but we'll get you close!
GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

Sorry to hear your pessimism towards those deciding to give up hope on the “AC brand.” For the record, many of these as you’d call it, “undeserving” lucky guys coming through the doors from TS, were once super loyal to their counterparts AT AC. They were the first to help AC out through their commitment to express, applying themselves diligently, helping out the company in a bind, all the while being sold that AC takes note of this, all to be told they’re good enough to be commanders of express but not good enough to be a pilot at AC? Cut the shit. This division is pilots scoping other pilots out. If it’s not, then why not one list from express? Now am I to say that every person is entitled to a job at AC? No. You know how many countless cases of AC pilots were pfo’d after years of loyalty in express? Somehow they ended up there too, 800 numbers, 1500 numbers, 2400 numbers later when they were the flavour of the day. Some others said @#$! this, off I go to a place that actually values my time and effort.

So don’t be fucking spewing bullshit like a 14 year old girl, on how people who ditched flying the flag, and moved on to a place that treated them like humans, and actually ended up hiring them on proper skill set and attitude, are somehow lower than you.

You’ve been sold the noble bullshit of the maple leaf and Murray telling you that you’re the countries elite, and it’s gone so far up your ass that you’re starting to think like shit.

These TS pilots are stand up guys. Ever Jumpsat on them? And many of them will add necessary experience to our collective team when they merge.

Instead of directing your anger at TS pilots, direct it at your employer for being such a dick headed cock sucker in business, that he sold you not only the longest bull period as reason for you to sign off on 2% raises, but exchanged your stellar rates for left seats and wide bodies to drive down your contract further, so he could try and take TS out. Failing like an aspiring noob, he couldn’t take out the best airline in what they do, and ends up buying it. Then to go into selling you on both thinking that you should be counting your lucky stars as an AC pilot, and misplacing your anger at a group that didn’t choose this. Are you seeing where you’re wrong yet? Or do I need to keep going?

No body had a TS/AC crystal ball when they joined TS. So how can you call someone a lucky person when they didn’t even play the game? It’s like saying someone is lucky for winning the lottery when they didn’t even buy a ticket. The situation was never warranted. Are you mad at the kids scurrying to TS as a way of getting into AC? Cause they won’t be above you. Or are you mad at the new hire who went to Seneca in 2016 and is now left seat at AC when you had to go to jazz? How can you not see that your anger is misplaced? These TS GUYS DIDNT CHOOSE THIS. So don’t be acting like they’re the problem. I guarantee none of them see AC pilots as a problem, unless you start to piss and moan like you have been.

All of you spewing bs about speaking the truth? Give it a rest. It’s not the truth.

Last edited by GATRKGA on Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

Says some Maple PFO.

Moving on.

GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

Hangry wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:48 pm Says some Maple PFO.

Moving on.
There’s no point to even debate with stupidity. Moving on, absolutely.

derateNO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by derateNO »

GATRKGA wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:42 pm

Sorry to hear your pessimism towards those deciding to give up hope on the “AC brand.” For the record, many of these as you’d call it, “undeserving” lucky guys coming through the doors from TS, were once super loyal to their counterparts AT AC. They were the first to help AC out through their commitment to express, applying themselves diligently, helping out the company in a bind, all the while being sold that AC takes note of this, all to be told they’re good enough to be commanders of express but not good enough to be a pilot at AC? Cut the shit. This division is pilots scoping other pilots out. If it’s not, then why not one list from express? Now am I to say that every person is entitled to a job at AC? No. You know how many countless cases of AC pilots were pfo’d after years of loyalty in express? Somehow they ended up there too, 800 numbers, 1500 numbers, 2400 numbers later when they were the flavour of the day. Some others said @#$! this, off I go to a place that actually values my time and effort.

So don’t be fucking spewing bullshit like a 14 year old girl, on how people who ditched flying the flag, and moved on to a place that treated them like humans, and actually ended up hiring them on proper skill set and attitude, are somehow lower than you.

You’ve been sold the noble bullshit of the maple leaf and Murray telling you that you’re the countries elite, and it’s gone so far up your ass that you’re starting to think like shit.

These TS pilots are stand up guys. Ever Jumpsat on them? And many of them will add necessary experience to our collective team when they merge.

Instead of directing your anger at TS pilots, direct it at your employer for being such a dick headed cock sucker in business, that he sold you not only the longest bull period as reason for you to sign off on 2% raises, but exchanged your stellar rates for left seats and wide bodies to drive down your contract further, so he could try and take TS out. Failing like an aspiring noob, he couldn’t take out the best airline in what they do, and ends up buying it. Then to go into selling you on both thinking that you should be counting your lucky stars as an AC pilot, and misplacing your anger at a group that didn’t choose this. Are you seeing where you’re wrong yet? Or do I need to keep going?

No body had a TS/AC crystal ball when they joined TS. So how can you call someone a lucky person when they didn’t even play the game? It’s like saying someone is lucky for winning the lottery when they didn’t even buy a ticket. The situation was never warranted. Are you mad at the kids scurrying to TS as a way of getting into AC? Cause they won’t be above you. Or are you mad at the new hire who went to Seneca in 2016 and is now left seat at AC when you had to go to jazz? How can you not see that your anger is misplaced? These TS GUYS DIDNT CHOOSE THIS. So don’t be acting like they’re the problem. I guarantee none of them see AC pilots as a problem, unless you start to piss and moan like you have been.

All of you spewing bs about speaking the truth? Give it a rest. It’s not the truth.
Ok bud. Whatever you say.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

That's quite the post GATRKGA... LOL

160tonoaha wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:48 pm Man, some of these attitudes from us AC pilots is just as sickening as our “my shit don’t stink” faces in person.
Transat pilots, there are a majority that don’t reflect the altiplano’s and the rest.
What exactly do you think I said?

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

I had a lunch yesterday with my good friend LTCaptain at AC, like he was saying: don’t pay attention to these losers commenting on this thread. Altiplano, FL280, Hangry, DerateNo are just part of the 2% rotten apples/hiring mistakes...lol

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

I’m sorry to tell you that 98% of your good friends coworkers (and likely him) share this board’s sentiment about protecting our own jobs and livelihoods first and foremost. No one wants anyone to have a bad career but we are not willing to sacrifice our own well being for the Transat pilots.
If the virus goes own and the effects of the downturn are long lasting then the metrics of the merger will no longer make sense and Transat pilots will have the opportunity to remain an independent airline like they were routing for this whole time. Sounds like a win all around.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

FL320 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:37 am I had a lunch yesterday with my good friend LTCaptain at AC, like he was saying: don’t pay attention to these losers commenting on this thread. Altiplano, FL280, Hangry, DerateNo are just part of the 2% rotten apples/hiring mistakes...lol
Wow, you sure have an intelligent perspective to share. What have you offered to the conversation? Just more personal attacks...

What is so offensive to you that has been said? Is commentary on the changing markets and new realities of the industry today too much for you to handle?

GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

altiplano wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:49 pm That's quite the post GATRKGA... LOL

Glad it provoked some thought. Seems like you need the guidance to think.

I’ll leave you with this, if being at AC should cause one to count their lucky stars, then why the bitching about TS pilots coming over. Things are obviously so good at AC that you should be counting your lucky stars regardless of that.

It would seem that one should advise you to stop outing your sense of hypocrisy but it’s just way too entertaining to watch some of these superior ac pilots dig themselves a deeper hole.

I hope everyone here sees what level of petty and selfish peasantry it is that according to shark lasers, represents 98% of the hires that are a good fit at AC. You guys really find a new low every day. And your sense of arrogance prevails haha. (For the challenged, I hope you sense my sarcasm. The majority of AC guys are actually good guys).

I think I’ve said what I need to say. Anything else from you has proven to be rhetorical and proverbial bs.

Enjoy the ISL integration.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

GATRKGA wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:52 am
altiplano wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:49 pm That's quite the post GATRKGA... LOL

Glad it provoked some thought. Seems like you need the guidance to think.

I’ll leave you with this, if being at AC should cause one to count their lucky stars, then why the bitching about TS pilots coming over. Things are obviously so good at AC that you should be counting your lucky stars regardless of that.

It would seem that one should advise you to stop outing your sense of hypocrisy but it’s just way too entertaining to watch some of these superior ac pilots dig themselves a deeper hole.

I hope everyone here sees what level of petty and selfish peasantry it is that according to shark lasers, represents 98% of the hires that are a good fit at AC. You guys really find a new low every day. And your sense of arrogance prevails haha. (For the challenged, I hope you sense my sarcasm. The majority of AC guys are actually good guys).

I think I’ve said what I need to say. Anything else from you has proven to be rhetorical and proverbial bs.

Enjoy the ISL integration.
I really think you misread what I write or get mixed up with what I'm saying.

I never said AC Pilots are superior in any way.

I challenge you to quote anything I wrote here that says that I think AC Pilots are superior to Transat Pilots.

I really am at a loss as to why you feel I'm doing so wrong by you. Please quote what I wrote that is so insulting to you.

We all end up in the airline's we end up in, sometimes just because they called us first. Before I came to AC I would have happily gone to Transat.

We are all just pieces in the game and someone else is making the moves.

I certainly don't have anything against you or your colleagues and and would offer any professional courtesy I could... despite YOUR petty insults.

I look forward to you pointing out and quoting exactly what I said that puts me at your suggested low...

My suggestion of the reason for the discount in the TRZ stock price? suggesting it's because the market is worried about the AC deal? When that's a fact?! That's literally all I've written about in recent days, and defended myself from you and your colleagues petty attacks...

I get it, you like the deal, and I say good for you!

Jean-Pierre
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jean-Pierre »

It is a coping mechanism.

ACboi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ACboi »

Sharklasers wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:50 am I’m sorry to tell you that 98% of your good friends coworkers (and likely him) share this board’s sentiment about protecting our own jobs and livelihoods first and foremost. No one wants anyone to have a bad career but we are not willing to sacrifice our own well being for the Transat pilots.
If the virus goes own and the effects of the downturn are long lasting then the metrics of the merger will no longer make sense and Transat pilots will have the opportunity to remain an independent airline like they were routing for this whole time. Sounds like a win all around.
+1 bro! these trampsat pilots need to stfu. making themselfs look bad. I n every pilot here has worked hard to get here an our hiring board saw us as the best of the best. they just be mad. we ain't giving up easy. never!

Jumbo744
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jumbo744 »

Duplicate

Last edited by Jumbo744 on Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Air Transat”