When is Air Transat likely to resume flights

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Just another canuck
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: When is Air Transat likely to resume flights

Post by Just another canuck »

---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Just another canuck on Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
timeflies
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by timeflies »

CPT.HarshColdReality wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:26 pm 50$ timeflies works at TS.
Just tired of these guys predicting things like it was a basket ball game.

CPT.HarshColdReality
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CPT.HarshColdReality »

it was just a joking comment to lighten up the mood. have many friends at TS and being from QC I support them 100%. Words without tone and body language can been deceiving sometimes. Cheers!

Cappo1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cappo1 »

Yes you are correct that Transat has weathered several storms however this is the perfect tsunami in a century that the likes of royal, c3, jetsgo, know all too well. No, I am not in a basement,.I'm sitting on my dock fishing pondering whether it's worth it to have to drive in on my day off to get a mandatory covid screening at occupational health and safety prior to my HKG...
Couple months ago some of you were inferring that you'd be sliding into our seniority list but with a stock at 5.18 today you better hope for a bailout.

timeflies wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:18 am
Cappo1 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:31 pm
FL320 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:27 pm

Not as bad as I thought: first flights were more than 3/4 full (ie CDG about 48 seats remaining in the A330), in August some destinations are 3/4 full also and others are just a little more than half full so far; and it becomes better at the end of august.
How long do you predict TS has left before Canada loses another airline? I give it until Christmas 2020.
One thing that we have to give to Transat is that they WILL always weather the storm. now look at you Cappo1. another troll back at it again with the negative energy, trying to predict the end for 600+ families.. go back playing call of duty in your parents basement youll b better at doing that

timeflies
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by timeflies »

Cappo1 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:57 am Yes you are correct that Transat has weathered several storms however this is the perfect tsunami in a century that the likes of royal, c3, jetsgo, know all too well. No, I am not in a basement,.I'm sitting on my dock fishing pondering whether it's worth it to have to drive in on my day off to get a mandatory covid screening at occupational health and safety prior to my HKG...
Couple months ago some of you were inferring that you'd be sliding into our seniority list but with a stock at 5.18 today you better hope for a bailout.

How long do you predict TS has left before Canada loses another airline? I give it until Christmas 2020.
One thing that we have to give to Transat is that they WILL always weather the storm. now look at you Cappo1. another troll back at it again with the negative energy, trying to predict the end for 600+ families.. go back playing call of duty in your parents basement youll b better at doing that
so your real concern is TS sliding in AC seniority list. That's why you give 600+families your holy predictions that they are out Christmas 2020.. sounds about right dude.

quit being pathetic on forums and go enjoy your HKG trip on FSX.

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

Cappo1 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:57 am Yes you are correct that Transat has weathered several storms however this is the perfect tsunami in a century that the likes of royal, c3, jetsgo, know all too well. No, I am not in a basement,.I'm sitting on my dock fishing pondering whether it's worth it to have to drive in on my day off to get a mandatory covid screening at occupational health and safety prior to my HKG...

It’s pretty clear now that AC will still buy Transat (at a discount renegotiated price); they won’t miss this great opportunity. Unfortunately for us - and for you - it will be very painfull (especially when we read how desunionized your group is). Good luck.🍀

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

FL320 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:33 pm It’s pretty clear now that AC will still buy Transat (at a discount renegotiated price); they won’t miss this great opportunity. Unfortunately for us - and for you - it will be very painfull (especially when we read how desunionized your group is). Good luck.🍀
Let it go man, your lifelong dream of wearing the AC uniform is dead. What’s clear is AC is running out the clock to when they can stick a fork in this deal. Good luck :goodman:

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

Let it go man, your lifelong dream of wearing the AC uniform is dead. What’s clear is AC is running out the clock to when they can stick a fork in this deal. Good luck :goodman:
Shark; I honestly have never dreamt of wearing the AC uniform. If I wanted to look for the apparent prestige of working for a major airline, AC would’t even be on my wish list; and they offer nothing exceptional that would have made a huge difference in my current lifestyle imho (btw Transat is still using the CEWS to pay all their inactive employees).

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

FL320 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:05 pm
Shark; I honestly have never dreamt of wearing the AC uniform. If I wanted to look for the apparent prestige of working for a major airline, AC would’t even be on my wish list; and they offer nothing exceptional that would have made a huge difference in my current lifestyle imho (btw Transat is still using the CEWS to pay all their inactive employees).
You spent the last year here talking shit and stirring the pot implying that you were coming for peoples lively hood and looking forward to ruining people’s careers and how you hoped the TS guys could undermine the AC scope of work. I believe at one point you told an Air Canada Captain to ‘go fetch you a cup of coffee’. You’ve made it more than clear to the world how badly you wanted to ‘fly the flag’. 2020 has been a shit year for a lot of things aviation related I believe all companies are racing headlong towards CCAA and the landscape will be permanently changed. But if I can be thankful of one thing it’s this; The deal is dead, I will never have know the unpleasantness of having to actually work or deal with you in person. 8) :smt023

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

Sharklasers wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:46 pm
You spent the last year here talking shit and stirring the pot implying that you were coming for peoples lively hood and looking forward to ruining people’s careers and how you hoped the TS guys could undermine the AC scope of work. I believe at one point you told an Air Canada Captain to ‘go fetch you a cup of coffee’. You’ve made it more than clear to the world how badly you wanted to ‘fly the flag’. 2020 has been a shit year for a lot of things aviation related I believe all companies are racing headlong towards CCAA and the landscape will be permanently changed. But if I can be thankful of one thing it’s this; The deal is dead, I will never have know the unpleasantness of having to actually work or deal with you in person. 8) :smt023
The deal will be dead when it will be announced as is. AC had many occasions to make it official at the worst time during the past months but still they keep up with the process (ie sending the missing docs to the European Union). The management think about the long term interests of their company, the short term frustrations of their employees is not in the equation (unfortunately).
Like I said many times I don’t want to steal your job nor ruin your career; it’s your own incorrect interpretations.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Ya'll need to chill out.

Did 320 say fetch a cup of coffee? Yes, right after all the AC guys keep hammering on about how we bring down the industry and that we are nothing. So if you take that as coming for your jobs, than you need to re-read the thread, be open minded about the prospect and how we can better the industry. NO, NONE, ZERO Transat pilots want to come a save AC from themselves. We have all said from the beginning that we want a fair deal, and yes, fair to some is a joke to others.

AC has had MANY opportunities to kill the deal, I'm actually surprised they have not as I also feel its off. The fact its gone on this long without and announcement makes me wonder if it is still going to go on. Again, I've been saying for months (I work for TS) that the deal is dead.

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

FL320 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:21 am

The deal will be dead when it will be announced as is. AC had many occasions to make it official at the worst time during the past months but still they keep up with the process (ie sending the missing docs to the European Union). The management think about the long term interests of their company, the short term frustrations of their employees is not in the equation (unfortunately).
Like I said many times I don’t want to steal your job nor ruin your career; it’s your own incorrect interpretations.

Unless it has changed as of the Q2 call 2 weeks ago the European Commission is still missing the docs and the process is STILL paused, doesn’t seem like the actions of a company you ‘clearly wants to get the deal done’. Sounds like a company who doesn’t want to pay a break up fee, Sounds more like wishful thinking on your part. I supposed we will see in a short 40 days from now when TS is out of extensions.

AC isn’t going to be your life preserver, they are not going to buy a boat anchor company at the same time that they have 22500 employees in the breadline and while asking for a government bailout.

It’s just karma man, your only reaping what you sowed.

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Gilles Hudicourt »

I think I am done posting on AvCanada. I will concentrate on Forums populated by adults....

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

Sharklasers wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:17 am

Unless it has changed as of the Q2 call 2 weeks ago the European Commission is still missing the docs and the process is STILL paused, doesn’t seem like the actions of a company you ‘clearly wants to get the deal done’. Sounds like a company who doesn’t want to pay a break up fee, Sounds more like wishful thinking on your part. I supposed we will see in a short 40 days from now when TS is out of extensions.

AC isn’t going to be your life preserver, they are not going to buy a boat anchor company at the same time that they have 22500 employees in the breadline and while asking for a government bailout.

Your problem (like many people in this world) is your lack of accurate information and then base your conclusions on it.
The process was paused by the EU because they were missing one of the many documents they required while both companies had more important stuff to work on.
It’s a situation pictured and reported by the medias at instant T. The process is not paused anymore...
Regarding your Karma mentra; deal or no deal it won’t change my life; I don’t really need AT not AC to have a pretty descent lifestyle.
Anyway we will figure out pretty soon I guess.

Cappo1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cappo1 »

Gilles Hudicourt wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:04 am I think I am done posting on AvCanada. I will concentrate on Forums populated by adults....
I am an adult, in fact, from a generation a few years before yours. The generation who does not feel the need to post videos of ourselves on social media doing our job. Hang on to that because you can use it for your virtual zoom interview when you find out there is no deal. I heard PIA is looking or maybe your buddies at TC can get you in.

Cappo1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cappo1 »

FL320 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:04 am

Your problem (like many people in this world) is your lack of accurate information and then base your conclusions on it.
The process was paused by the EU because they were missing one of the many documents they required while both companies had more important stuff to work on.
It’s a situation pictured and reported by the medias at instant T. The process is not paused anymore...
Regarding your Karma mentra; deal or no deal it won’t change my life; I don’t really need AT not AC to have a pretty descent lifestyle.
FL320- YOUR problem is not a front end issue. You are back end . Go to the CUPE 4041 see if they can figure it out for you .

indieadventurer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by indieadventurer »

Cappo1 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:30 pm
FL320 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:04 am

FL320- YOUR problem is not a front end issue. You are back end . Go to the CUPE 4041 see if they can figure it out for you .
Oh, come on! Dig deep and come up with something better than that :lol:

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Gilles Hudicourt wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:04 am I think I am done posting on AvCanada. I will concentrate on Forums populated by adults....
It's a little like walking downtown. You've got crowds of decent people walking, talking with friends, going about their business, but there are always a couple of unfortunate nut jobs half-naked, screaming obscenities at strangers while playing with themselves outside of the shelter.
It's always the same people, and we know they're there, but we always just cross the street and ignore them. Because who in their right mind would try to talk, reason or actually debate them?!
I find it's much easier here if you just do that. Just cross the street and ignore them.

jetpilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jetpilot »

Hey Cappo1

Pm me Sam I meet you anywhere you find the place I have lot's of madness to get out! but you are not a man! ? right?

jet

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Gilles Hudicourt »

jetpilot wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:35 am Hey Cappo1

Pm me Sam I meet you anywhere you find the place I have lot's of madness to get out! but you are not a man! ? right?

jet
Cappo1 is Samuel again under a new name ? He didnt learn his lesson yet ?

Return to “Air Transat”