When is Air Transat likely to resume flights

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: When is Air Transat likely to resume flights

Post by Localizer »

Either way people are currently planning vacations based on no quarantine to the EU and JT hasn’t even mentioned that his quarantine extension may have killed the deal.
He’s already killing everything else .. may as well finish off the job! Economy, hopes, dreams ... all swirling the toilet bowl. I’m ready to rewind to the Harper years.

---------- ADS -----------

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

I see Transat has taken to the skies again .. how are the loads looking?

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

Where are they flying to?

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

Localizer wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:30 am I see Transat has taken to the skies again .. how are the loads looking?
Not as bad as I thought: first flights were more than 3/4 full (ie CDG about 48 seats remaining in the A330), in August some destinations are 3/4 full also and others are just a little more than half full so far; and it becomes better at the end of august.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Cappo1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cappo1 »

FL320 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:27 pm
Localizer wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:30 am I see Transat has taken to the skies again .. how are the loads looking?
Not as bad as I thought: first flights were more than 3/4 full (ie CDG about 48 seats remaining in the A330), in August some destinations are 3/4 full also and others are just a little more than half full so far; and it becomes better at the end of august.
How long do you predict TS has left before Canada loses another airline? I give it until Christmas 2020.

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

Cappo1 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:31 pm
How long do you predict TS has left before Canada loses another airline? I give it until Christmas 2020.
With the money now available but not yet officially announced...not before 2022 at least; you can get your CPL and then apply to Transat without fear. :D

Last edited by FL320 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
timeflies
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by timeflies »

One thing that we have to give to Transat is that they WILL always weather the storm. now look at you Cappo1. another troll back at it again with the negative energy, trying to predict the end for 600+ families.. go back playing call of duty in your parents basement youll b better at doing that

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

CPT.HarshColdReality
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CPT.HarshColdReality »

50$ timeflies works at TS.

Just another canuck
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Just another canuck »

Last edited by Just another canuck on Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
timeflies
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by timeflies »

CPT.HarshColdReality wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:26 pm 50$ timeflies works at TS.
Just tired of these guys predicting things like it was a basket ball game.

CPT.HarshColdReality
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CPT.HarshColdReality »

it was just a joking comment to lighten up the mood. have many friends at TS and being from QC I support them 100%. Words without tone and body language can been deceiving sometimes. Cheers!

Cappo1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cappo1 »

Yes you are correct that Transat has weathered several storms however this is the perfect tsunami in a century that the likes of royal, c3, jetsgo, know all too well. No, I am not in a basement,.I'm sitting on my dock fishing pondering whether it's worth it to have to drive in on my day off to get a mandatory covid screening at occupational health and safety prior to my HKG...
Couple months ago some of you were inferring that you'd be sliding into our seniority list but with a stock at 5.18 today you better hope for a bailout.

timeflies wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:18 am

One thing that we have to give to Transat is that they WILL always weather the storm. now look at you Cappo1. another troll back at it again with the negative energy, trying to predict the end for 600+ families.. go back playing call of duty in your parents basement youll b better at doing that

timeflies
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by timeflies »

Cappo1 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:57 am Yes you are correct that Transat has weathered several storms however this is the perfect tsunami in a century that the likes of royal, c3, jetsgo, know all too well. No, I am not in a basement,.I'm sitting on my dock fishing pondering whether it's worth it to have to drive in on my day off to get a mandatory covid screening at occupational health and safety prior to my HKG...
Couple months ago some of you were inferring that you'd be sliding into our seniority list but with a stock at 5.18 today you better hope for a bailout.

so your real concern is TS sliding in AC seniority list. That's why you give 600+families your holy predictions that they are out Christmas 2020.. sounds about right dude.

quit being pathetic on forums and go enjoy your HKG trip on FSX.

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

Cappo1 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:57 am Yes you are correct that Transat has weathered several storms however this is the perfect tsunami in a century that the likes of royal, c3, jetsgo, know all too well. No, I am not in a basement,.I'm sitting on my dock fishing pondering whether it's worth it to have to drive in on my day off to get a mandatory covid screening at occupational health and safety prior to my HKG...

It’s pretty clear now that AC will still buy Transat (at a discount renegotiated price); they won’t miss this great opportunity. Unfortunately for us - and for you - it will be very painfull (especially when we read how desunionized your group is). Good luck.🍀

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

FL320 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:33 pm It’s pretty clear now that AC will still buy Transat (at a discount renegotiated price); they won’t miss this great opportunity. Unfortunately for us - and for you - it will be very painfull (especially when we read how desunionized your group is). Good luck.🍀
Let it go man, your lifelong dream of wearing the AC uniform is dead. What’s clear is AC is running out the clock to when they can stick a fork in this deal. Good luck :goodman:

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

Let it go man, your lifelong dream of wearing the AC uniform is dead. What’s clear is AC is running out the clock to when they can stick a fork in this deal. Good luck :goodman:
Shark; I honestly have never dreamt of wearing the AC uniform. If I wanted to look for the apparent prestige of working for a major airline, AC would’t even be on my wish list; and they offer nothing exceptional that would have made a huge difference in my current lifestyle imho (btw Transat is still using the CEWS to pay all their inactive employees).

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

FL320 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:05 pm
Shark; I honestly have never dreamt of wearing the AC uniform. If I wanted to look for the apparent prestige of working for a major airline, AC would’t even be on my wish list; and they offer nothing exceptional that would have made a huge difference in my current lifestyle imho (btw Transat is still using the CEWS to pay all their inactive employees).
You spent the last year here talking shit and stirring the pot implying that you were coming for peoples lively hood and looking forward to ruining people’s careers and how you hoped the TS guys could undermine the AC scope of work. I believe at one point you told an Air Canada Captain to ‘go fetch you a cup of coffee’. You’ve made it more than clear to the world how badly you wanted to ‘fly the flag’. 2020 has been a shit year for a lot of things aviation related I believe all companies are racing headlong towards CCAA and the landscape will be permanently changed. But if I can be thankful of one thing it’s this; The deal is dead, I will never have know the unpleasantness of having to actually work or deal with you in person. 8) :smt023

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

Sharklasers wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:46 pm
FL320 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:05 pm
You spent the last year here talking shit and stirring the pot implying that you were coming for peoples lively hood and looking forward to ruining people’s careers and how you hoped the TS guys could undermine the AC scope of work. I believe at one point you told an Air Canada Captain to ‘go fetch you a cup of coffee’. You’ve made it more than clear to the world how badly you wanted to ‘fly the flag’. 2020 has been a shit year for a lot of things aviation related I believe all companies are racing headlong towards CCAA and the landscape will be permanently changed. But if I can be thankful of one thing it’s this; The deal is dead, I will never have know the unpleasantness of having to actually work or deal with you in person. 8) :smt023
The deal will be dead when it will be announced as is. AC had many occasions to make it official at the worst time during the past months but still they keep up with the process (ie sending the missing docs to the European Union). The management think about the long term interests of their company, the short term frustrations of their employees is not in the equation (unfortunately).
Like I said many times I don’t want to steal your job nor ruin your career; it’s your own incorrect interpretations.

Return to “Air Transat”