Flair Airlines is Canada’s only independent low fare airline. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, our mission is to disrupt our industry by making air travel accessible, affordable and desirable for all. As important as our low fares are, we also recognize that our real product is our people – it’s the way we treat our customers on each and every flight that sets us apart from “those other airlines” and keeps them coming back.
Flair is a different kind of airline. We believe in air travel for all. That’s why we’re on a mission to make it more accessible, more affordable and more desirable. We’re in it for the people. And we need dedicated, creative and impactful leaders to make it happen. We need passion, pride and personality. Because it’s not just a journey we’re embarking on, it’s an adventure.
Based in Edmonton, the Chief Dispatcher is a key member of our Operations team with responsibility for oversight for the Flight Dispatch department. The Chief Dispatcher is responsible for ensuring the Flight Dispatch team has the tools and resources to operate safely, efficiently and with cost-effective methods, while trying to maintain optimal on-time performance.
We are looking for a courageous and adaptable leader who will positively contribute to our dynamic culture. We believe that if our people enjoy doing their jobs, our passengers are much more likely to enjoy their travelling experience.
The Chief Dispatcher will be based out of Company Headquarters in Edmonton, Alberta. Occasional travel will be required. The duties of the Chief Dispatcher will include:
• Design and setup the integration of Dispatch within the Operations Center;
• Oversee and monitor Flight Dispatch daily workload and staff schedules to ensure efficient and effective operations;
• Ensure that all Flight Dispatchers have safety as their primary objective by adhering to the company Safety Policy and utilizing the appropriate safety reporting program in order to identify and communicate all known hazards and risks to the organization;
• Provide day to day supervision to the Flight Dispatch team, including the provision of functional and technical direction;
• Provide day to day operational support to the Flight Dispatch team including scheduling, administration, training and development;
• Supervise the development, production and ongoing maintenance of the Flight Dispatch Manual;
• Evaluate and update training standards, the development of training material and the management of Flight Dispatch training records;
• Ensure team members analyze necessary operational information and provide effective guidance based on a number of factors, taking into consideration safety and legal requirements of the CAR’s and the Company Operations Manual;
• Oversee the effective production, filing and communications of flight plans and briefings of required stakeholders and operating crews in a timely manner;
• Manage team of dispatchers, coach, mentor and address individual performance issues as necessary.
Qualifications and Education Requirements include:
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Valid Flight Dispatcher Certificate as defined by CARs;
• Minimum of four (4) years direct experience as a Flight Dispatcher is required;
• Minimum of two (2) years flight dispatch experience in a CARS 705 environment with a Type A
or Type B operational control system.
• Demonstrated good working knowledge of general computer and software applications; particularly MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize during high pressure situations, and in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
• Strong interpersonal communication skill with demonstrated success establishing effective working relationships, respect and credibility through actions.
• Proven ability to communicate in a clear, accurate, concise and professional manner.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• High degree of problem solving and analytical skill.
Our team members are highly motivated to work hard, to proactively plan for and resolve challenges, and to strive for excellence in their area and throughout the Company.
We are looking for people who promote teamwork, cooperation and identification within their work group, and who can effectively collaborate with other areas within the Company.
INTEGRITY AND TRUST
We need team members who build relationships based on integrity and trust. It’s not just what you say, it’s what you do, and how you do it!
Flair team members effectively cope with change and can make decisions, sometimes without all the information. To be successful, you need to be comfortable with changing sets of conditions or priorities and be able to adjust effectively.
Flair Airlines offers a competitive compensation package including medical and dental benefits, short and long-term disability, life insurance, dependent life insurance, employee & family assistance program, a defined contribution pension plan (matched contributions), and a staff travel program.
How to Apply:
Please apply online directly to the posting. Applications should clearly demonstrate how your skills meet, or surpass, the requirements of the Chief Dispatcher position. Further information about the Company can be found at www.flyflair.com
We wish to thank everyone who applies, however, due to the number of applications received only those shortlisted will be contacted. We cannot accommodate phone inquiries.
We look forward to meeting you at Flair Airlines!
Outstanding. Well done.