Flair Airlines - expansion plan?

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Spacedog
Rank 0
Rank 0

Flair Airlines - expansion plan?

Post by Spacedog »

Anyone with info on when Flair plans to expand? As far as I know they only have 3 aircraft, but have recently had interviews to hire more pilots. Has anyone been given a course date? Are there more aircraft on the way and when?
---------- ADS -----------

JakeLRS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Flair Airlines - expansion plan?

Post by JakeLRS »

Perhaps today's announcement makes it clear!

Flair will acquire 13 Boeing 737-8 Max aircraft and begin taking them in THIS YEAR (through its finance partner, 777 partners).

Press Release: https://www.globenewswire.com/news-rele ... craft.html

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

From the article.... "With this order, Flair is well on the way to achieving its “F50” ambition of growing to 50 planes within five years."

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

I have a friend who started with them just prior to COVID. He was expecting a recall for the first week of March. Now that's been pushed back to late march. the orders and delivery dates for the MAX are firmed up so they can't push back forever.

Jumbo744
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jumbo744 »

This is great news. They are working hard to make this airline successful. The operation is managed by excellent people and with the new CEO they have just appointed, they have all the ingredients to become huge.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Jumbo744 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:48 am This is great news. They are working hard to make this airline successful. The operation is managed by excellent people and with the new CEO they have just appointed, they have all the ingredients to become huge.
Certainly is positive news , no doubt about it. They(Flair) have been around a bit and are hanging in there , tis obvious they are doing something right. If there is an unfortunate demise of a major player aka Swoop, Encore, Jazz or Porter or mergers Flair could position itself to pick up some of the pieces. The travelling public(me) really don’t care about aircraft colours or type as long as the service is safe, reliable and fares are reasonable. Good luck to your airline.

Jumbo744
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jumbo744 »

Old fella wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:21 am
Jumbo744 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:48 am This is great news. They are working hard to make this airline successful. The operation is managed by excellent people and with the new CEO they have just appointed, they have all the ingredients to become huge.
Certainly is positive news , no doubt about it. They(Flair) have been around a bit and are hanging in there , tis obvious they are doing something right. If there is an unfortunate demise of a major player aka Swoop, Encore, Jazz or Porter or mergers Flair could position itself to pick up some of the pieces. The travelling public(me) really don’t care about aircraft colours or type as long as the service is safe, reliable and fares are reasonable. Good luck to your airline.
I agree! (I am not a Flair pilot)

Dias
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dias »

I think they're going to be bankrupt before the end of the year.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

Jumbo744 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:13 am
I agree! (I am not a Flair pilot)
Ok. Sorry as I thought you were as you seemed to be tooting their horn. Let me be clear in that there is certainly nothing wrong in doing such.

Cheers.

Loner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loner »

**** wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:22 am I think they're going to be bankrupt before the end of the year.
Wow ****, your first post! A negative one too! Way to go! :rolleyes:

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Loner wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:40 pm
**** wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:22 am I think they're going to be bankrupt before the end of the year.
Wow ****, your first post! A negative one too! Way to go! :rolleyes:
Maybe the opinion is COVID related...you know a False-Positive :smt116

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

Your theory is quite bang on. I can tell you that a tremendous amount of work, trial and error and dedication has been put in to ensure the airline's survival and not end up another statistic such as the likes of Zoom, Jetsgo, Roots etc. Don't get me wrong, Flair has been on the verge of failure before, but the right decisions were made at the time to ensure it didn't cause a total collapse. They've garnered the rights support and employees are all in. It's pretty exciting.

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

I have heard that each year since I started here. Brb heading to MIA for MAX training.

Dias
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dias »

And in a year you'll be saying it wasn't Flair's fault! They did everything right. It was Covid and the ignorant passengers that won't fly on the MAX. It was the government that wouldn't let us fly to our destinations or even to another province. Yeah that's what I mean.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

flying4dollars wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:02 pm
Your theory is quite bang on. I can tell you that a tremendous amount of work, trial and error and dedication has been put in to ensure the airline's survival and not end up another statistic such as the likes of Zoom, Jetsgo, Roots etc. Don't get me wrong, Flair has been on the verge of failure before, but the right decisions were made at the time to ensure it didn't cause a total collapse. They've garnered the rights support and employees are all in. It's pretty exciting.
Well.... wishing your airline nothing but the very best in the coming years, a successful airline helps us all. If you plan to expand into the Maritimes at some future point, I will try to give Flair a whirl, situation permitting.

Good luck 😊.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

For over 3 decades, SWA has used the strategy of expanding while the competition is retreating (typically demonstrated during recessions). SWA tried the same strategy last year but itself retreated when it realized that there was not enough demand to do so profitably.

It will be interesting to see if the COVID induced recession will create the same opportunities in Canada. Most critical difference between CA and US is size of domestic market. The “If you fly it - they will come” strategy is a challenge in a market of just 35 million vs 350 million.

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

By this time next year the money behind Flair will be lauded as visionaries who recognized the wave and jumped on before anybody else; or they will be castigated as naïve idiots who did not have a clue. They are all in and there is still 2 cards face down on the table.....

Dias
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dias »

And the executives taking that massive gamble are going to either come out as heroes or walk away with a golden handshake and all the money they pocketed from their massive salary. It's win-win for them.

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

All very good points above and I agree with double edged sword.

Don't get me wrong, there is a calculated risk involved with what they are doing, but the rewards for it being successful are quite huge. They are trying to time the expansion with the mass vaccination roll out by summer. Keep in mind, 13 airplanes wont just show up in one morning. It'll be one or 2 a month for the foreseeable future. Also, the fact the planes are being leased to them by one of their biggest investors gives them an immense amount of flexibility. I believe it is why the deal was structured the way it was. Flair is nimble with a generally low overhead and only getting more efficient. It's why they have been able to survive so far. Hopefully they can continue moving forward because it's good for aviation in Canada in general.

Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Boreas »

flying4dollars wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:17 pm All very good points above and I agree with double edged sword.

Don't get me wrong, there is a calculated risk involved with what they are doing, but the rewards for it being successful are quite huge. They are trying to time the expansion with the mass vaccination roll out by summer. Keep in mind, 13 airplanes wont just show up in one morning. It'll be one or 2 a month for the foreseeable future. Also, the fact the planes are being leased to them by one of their biggest investors gives them an immense amount of flexibility. I believe it is why the deal was structured the way it was. Flair is nimble with a generally low overhead and only getting more efficient. It's why they have been able to survive so far. Hopefully they can continue moving forward because it's good for aviation in Canada in general.
Couldn't agree more! Wish you guys all the best.

Return to “Flair Airlines”