First flight on Flair

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

First flight on Flair

Post by pelmet »

It was on the Max. Much appreciated lower fares than AC and WJ, even though they do seem to charge more for baggage. Got a Big Bundle thing for my bags.

But it sure would be nice if the seats reclined. It makes me hesitant to go on a longer flight. I guess it is what Ryanair does as well.

Another strange thing is all the cancellations according to the website. I wanted to see if my flight was on time(it was) and I noticed that half of their flights for the day showed as cancelled. It was not a one time thing as I checked the site a few days later and loads of cancellations.

I had already gotten a cheap AC flight for the across Canada thing on my outbound trip. But the flights were expensive coming back. I heard a news story about WJ cancelling flights recently and it seems they have a history of doing this in my experience as they tend to cancel well before AC when it snows. So for the return, I booked an overnight with a connection on AC instead of the direct Flair flight. Anyways, good thing I did as Swoop also had an overnight flight but cancelled it. Apparently the night before as well.

Sorry for the digression.....I do plan to fly again on Flair.
---------- ADS -----------

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: First flight on Flair

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

pelmet wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:13 pm It was on the Max. Much appreciated lower fares than AC and WJ, even though they do seem to charge more for baggage. Got a Big Bundle thing for my bags.

But it sure would be nice if the seats reclined. It makes me hesitant to go on a longer flight. I guess it is what Ryanair does as well.

Another strange thing is all the cancellations according to the website. I wanted to see if my flight was on time(it was) and I noticed that half of their flights for the day showed as cancelled. It was not a one time thing as I checked the site a few days later and loads of cancellations.

I had already gotten a cheap AC flight for the across Canada thing on my outbound trip. But the flights were expensive coming back. I heard a news story about WJ cancelling flights recently and it seems they have a history of doing this in my experience as they tend to cancel well before AC when it snows. So for the return, I booked an overnight with a connection on AC instead of the direct Flair flight. Anyways, good thing I did as Swoop also had an overnight flight but cancelled it. Apparently the night before as well.

Do all of the rows have limited recline or were you in front of an emergency exit row?

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

I'm sure the people sitting behind you appreciated that your seat couldn't recline.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

https://youtu.be/W1DKwoRLS64?t=526

The seats have the recline buttons, so either those are deactivated, or more likely, you were sitting in or in front of an emergency exit row.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Recline is locked out onboard all our aircraft.

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

tbaylx wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:32 am Recline is locked out onboard all our aircraft.
Gotta pay extra for that, eh? :lol:

Spirit style.

Splash
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Splash »

acpaleaks wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:12 pm
tbaylx wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:32 am Recline is locked out onboard all our aircraft.

Spirit style.
My idea for additional ancillary revenue would be to install armrests that take Loonies and Toonies , the more you insert, the more recline you get. So to start, a Loonie gets you a 1/2 inch, a Toonie a full inch and so on as additional coins are inserted. The key will be to not reset your seat into the upright position inflight, otherwise it will require starting all over again.

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

Splash wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:39 pm
acpaleaks wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:12 pm

Spirit style.
My idea for additional ancillary revenue would be to install armrests that take Loonies and Toonies , the more you insert, the more recline you get. So to start, a Loonie gets you a 1/2 inch, a Toonie a full inch and so on as additional coins are inserted. The key will be to not reset your seat into the upright position inflight, otherwise it will require starting all over again.
Genius. You should ask tbaylx for a job.

Soyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Soyer »

There are no cancellations in the system so I am not sure what you are seeing. All flights are operating.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Well this may be your Flair sleeping experience(although this guy did have the choice to recline).

Its nice to be able to recline a bit so one can get a proper snooze....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhgmLO3t5Vo

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Soyer wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:49 pm There are no cancellations in the system so I am not sure what you are seeing. All flights are operating.
Obviously, you never go to their website.......

Click on flight number, then search. Then you pray as you look to find your flight number. Same thing every day....and it doesn't give much confidence to a paying passenger..

https://flyflair.com/flight-status

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

pelmet wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:13 pm It was on the Max. Much appreciated lower fares than AC and WJ, even though they do seem to charge more for baggage. Got a Big Bundle thing for my bags.

I have this weird anxiety about reclining my seat. Like I'm passive aggressively invading the space of the person behind me without consent. The 787 seats have this weird recline where as the seat back moves its first degree of recline, the seat cushion slides forward and the seat becomes infinitely more comfortable to me. I like that because I don't have to invade too much space to make my life better. gotta pay 500 Million dollars for an aeroplane to get that though.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

pelmet wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:39 pm
Soyer wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:49 pm There are no cancellations in the system so I am not sure what you are seeing. All flights are operating.

Click on flight number, then search. Then you pray as you look to find your flight number. Same thing every day....and it doesn't give much confidence to a paying passenger..

No explanation from the Flair guys? Lots of cancellations showing today.

GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GRK2 »

pelmet wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:08 am

Just what are you on about? How about you give us some specifics? Only a fool accuses without giving solid evidence. So why won't ya? I call BS.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

GRK2 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:15 pm

Just what are you on about? How about you give us some specifics? Only a fool accuses without giving solid evidence. So why won't ya? I call BS.
Are you dense? He said go to the link and click search and he’s right. Virtually every flight is cancelled.

Attachments
800A308D-0724-47A6-A51C-B57E2A643D1F.png
800A308D-0724-47A6-A51C-B57E2A643D1F.png (344.33 KiB) Viewed 3213 times
D658B410-14C1-4287-AF56-7B04DF794BAC.png
D658B410-14C1-4287-AF56-7B04DF794BAC.png (393.96 KiB) Viewed 3213 times
5F130ACD-B3BC-4CD9-8B01-0AE04E303033.png
5F130ACD-B3BC-4CD9-8B01-0AE04E303033.png (498.57 KiB) Viewed 3213 times
evilgravy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by evilgravy »

this is a result of flights being loaded in to the reservation system and then being pulled. No operating flights have been canceled for today (yet).

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

evilgravy wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:32 pm this is a result of flights being loaded in to the reservation system and then being pulled. No operating flights have been canceled for today (yet).
Yea - because they didn't sell enough seats to make it worthwhile to operate.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

GRK2 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:15 pm

Wrong again. And I told you how to check it. What more evidence do you need.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

evilgravy wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:32 pm this is a result of flights being loaded in to the reservation system and then being pulled. No operating flights have been canceled for today (yet).
I knew there would be an explanation like that, which is fine but it doesn't give much confidence to the average passenger checking their flight status and thinking about making another booking on a flight where they really don't want a cancellation.

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

boeingboy wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:45 pm
Yea - because they didn't sell enough seats to make it worthwhile to operate.
If they sold all the seats it still wouldn't be worthwhile

Return to “Flair Airlines”