YEG Applications process

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

jakeandelwood
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: YEG Applications process

Post by jakeandelwood »

flyboy987 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:47 am Looks like after 18 months post in-person interview i didnt make it :(.

Thinking aobut rea-applying but it says im not eligble for 18 months? I beleive i was told i can apply again right away? Does anybody knwo for sure?
i had to wait the 18 months to re-apply from square one, it sucks.
---------- ADS -----------

Iwillbecomeanatc
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Iwillbecomeanatc »

Hi Everyone,

Just submitted my application today and it shows that the application is under review, on my Take Charge account.

Is there someone here who just submitted an application online recently? How’s your timeline?

Thanks! 😊🙏

UPDATE:

I received an email today regarding the online exam. Took it today and when the time ran out it showed on my screen that I have completed the task. Upon clicking the button the screen disappeared. Didn’t show any results. I just checked the status of my application and it says Status: Assessment. I think I passed? Based on what all of you guys who passed, experienced. 🙏😊

I just wish I get invited into the in-person test. 🤞

rcminvcr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rcminvcr »

Iwillbecomeanatc wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:59 pm I just wish I get invited into the in-person test. 🤞
Congratulations on passing the online test!

A response from Joanne a couple days ago regarding training stated that recruitment is suspended until further notice and there's no timelines for resumption yet. So you may be waiting a while for that invite.

My application expires in August and plan on reapplying for the YEG region.

Iwillbecomeanatc
Rank 0
Rank 0

rcminvcr wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:35 pm
Iwillbecomeanatc wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:59 pm I just wish I get invited into the in-person test. 🤞
Congratulations on passing the online test!

A response from Joanne a couple days ago regarding training stated that recruitment is suspended until further notice and there's no timelines for resumption yet. So you may be waiting a while for that invite.

My application expires in August and plan on reapplying for the YEG region.

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to respond! I appreciate it! 🙏

You might get an update on your application soon. You still have until August. 🤞🙂 It is sad that, that might happen to a lot of people due to the pandemic. I just need to move on with my life for now and just put it at the back of my head, until an update comes. IF it comes.

I feel that NavCanada is going to need a lot of new controllers once everything goes back to normal. They temporarily stopped hiring all the possible employees so they are going to need to do double time when able. That is the bright side!! 😀

stabilizedapproach
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by stabilizedapproach »

Iwillbecomeanatc wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:44 pm I feel that NavCanada is going to need a lot of new controllers once everything goes back to normal. They temporarily stopped hiring all the possible employees so they are going to need to do double time when able. That is the bright side!! 😀
I dont want to rain on your parade, so pardon me if it sounds like it... but nav canada has been training at capacity for the last little while so it will be difficult to train any more controllers than they already do. There are a bunch across the country who just started their generic training but their timeline to work in OJT is now severely delayed and this may have a cascading effect across training as a whole (delay in their anticipated qualification, therefore delay of next course start, therefore delay of testing, etc...) A course is loaded based on the anticipated operational requirement AND the capacity to train in the OJT environment. Unfortunately, it is difficult for a specialty to have trainees at all times because of how tiring training is for everyone so there is a balance to be struck as well just to give everyone a breather.

Good luck though. All of this will restart eventually, slowly but surely.

Iwillbecomeanatc
Rank 0
Rank 0

stabilizedapproach wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:15 am
Iwillbecomeanatc wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:44 pm I feel that NavCanada is going to need a lot of new controllers once everything goes back to normal. They temporarily stopped hiring all the possible employees so they are going to need to do double time when able. That is the bright side!! 😀
I dont want to rain on your parade, so pardon me if it sounds like it... but nav canada has been training at capacity for the last little while so it will be difficult to train any more controllers than they already do. There are a bunch across the country who just started their generic training but their timeline to work in OJT is now severely delayed and this may have a cascading effect across training as a whole (delay in their anticipated qualification, therefore delay of next course start, therefore delay of testing, etc...) A course is loaded based on the anticipated operational requirement AND the capacity to train in the OJT environment. Unfortunately, it is difficult for a specialty to have trainees at all times because of how tiring training is for everyone so there is a balance to be struck as well just to give everyone a breather.

Good luck though. All of this will restart eventually, slowly but surely.
Thanks! Things will get better soon!

Yeah, you’re right! I was just thinking that they might need to ramp up their recruitment because WHEN the dust finally settles down and air traffic is back to normal or even close to normal they’re going to have the exact same problem about staffing maybe worse. People will be travelling again, old employees will still retire and that gap that they’ve been trying to fill will be even bigger just because they didn’t take advantage of this lull to chase or even atleast come close to that ideal staffing level that they’ve been aiming for decades.

On the other hand, you might be right. Because after all this the airline industry which NAV relies on might have a hard time bouncing back. In that scenario, they might not need more controllers yet or maybe even lay off some controllers but I doubt it because that will be a dumb decision as it is extremely hard to find and train new controllers.

Just my 2 cents! Hopefully we all get updates soon! 😊👍

Iwillbecomeanatc
Rank 0
Rank 0

Any updates from anyone guys?! :roll:

outflying8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by outflying8 »

Iwillbecomeanatc wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:08 am Any updates from anyone guys?! :roll:
Nope, and likely won't for a while. The world is still in frenzy and it needs to start coming back to reality before air travel increases (which is needed to increase NavCan revenue and staffing needs). Last update was a few months ago when they told me my eligible for offer was extended to 2 years from the original 18, maybe that means they anticipate a 6 month delay? but can't really read into it too much. I suspect if I get an offer, it will be close to the expiry of my application.

:D I love all respectful dialogue of multiple views and opinions. If you want to chat with me directly, please do send me a PM :) :D
Iwillbecomeanatc
Rank 0
Rank 0

outflying8 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:52 am
Iwillbecomeanatc wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:08 am Any updates from anyone guys?! :roll:
Nope, and likely won't for a while. The world is still in frenzy and it needs to start coming back to reality before air travel increases (which is needed to increase NavCan revenue and staffing needs). Last update was a few months ago when they told me my eligible for offer was extended to 2 years from the original 18, maybe that means they anticipate a 6 month delay? but can't really read into it too much. I suspect if I get an offer, it will be close to the expiry of my application.

I hope you get your course offer soon! 🤞 I saw a post on Reddit that they’re trying to resume training this 29th of July in Edmonton. Anybody knows how acurate that is? If that is true, then for sure everything else on the Recruitment side will follow.

yoshi91
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yoshi91 »

July 29th is correct for Generic IFR. Specialty and VFR have already resumed in YEG.

shortbreads
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by shortbreads »

yoshi91 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:31 pm July 29th is correct for Generic IFR. Specialty and VFR have already resumed in YEG.
That's really helpful to know, thanks for the update. If you're part of that generic course best of luck with the rest of your course!

Iwillbecomeanatc
Rank 0
Rank 0

yoshi91 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:31 pm July 29th is correct for Generic IFR. Specialty and VFR have already resumed in YEG.
Awesome!! Thanks for the update. That is great to know that things are slowly moving now. Hopefully we hear more good news soon!

outflying8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by outflying8 »

Really? that is so encouraging, here is hoping offers go out in the next 6 months!

:D I love all respectful dialogue of multiple views and opinions. If you want to chat with me directly, please do send me a PM :) :D
Promisepromise
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Promisepromise »

Figured I’d try and revive this thread.

Apply Date: January 18th 2020
Online Assessment Date: January 20th 2020
Feast Assessment Date: August 19th 2022
Panel Interview Date: TBD
Bootcamp Date: TBD
Offer Date: TBD

Anyone else going through the process right now?

Promisepromise
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Promisepromise »

Figured I’d try and revive this thread. Anyone else have any updates on where they’re at in the hiring process? Wrote the FEAST exam on the 19th of August and am waiting to hear back.

atcguy98
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atcguy98 »

Promisepromise wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:43 pm Figured I’d try and revive this thread. Anyone else have any updates on where they’re at in the hiring process? Wrote the FEAST exam on the 19th of August and am waiting to hear back.
From what it seems, as long as you pass one step you'll be invited to the next. When? Who knows - it all depends on the local hiring needs, but it looks like at each FIR they've been doing assessments non-stop since the start of 2022. If you just completed the FEAST, expect the testing process to take another 4-8 months easily, and then waiting for a course offer. If you look through a few threads you'll see a trend in timelines.

Promisepromise
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Promisepromise »

Feast Results Email: August 30th, 2022 (Passed ATC & FSS)
Panel Interview Date: TBD

renny89
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by renny89 »

Mine:

Apply Date: September 2018
Online Assessment Date: September 2018
Feast Assessment Date: August 2022
Feast Results Email: August 2022 (Passed ATC & FSS)
On-demand online interview: Now

Promisepromise
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Promisepromise »

Panel Interview Date: September 4th, 2022

Nav seems to be moving quickly these days hoping for a bootcamp invite soon.

Promisepromise
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Promisepromise »

Panel Interview Date: September 4th, 2022
Bootcamp Date: November 16th, 2022
Offer Date: TBD (HR said offers will go out somewhere in March-May 2023)

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”