FSS First Postings - Dog / Pet Friendly?

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Slothhead
Rank 0
Rank 0

FSS First Postings - Dog / Pet Friendly?

Post by Slothhead »

Just got a training seat for FSS. I know some of the postings are in rural areas, with limited housing options, and sometimes housing supplied by NavCanada. Does anyone know if it's likely or possible to be sent somewhere and not able to have a pet in your accommodation?

I have a dog (she's good in cold weather) and am worried dog-friendly housing might be an issue....
---------- ADS -----------

Jonathan
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: FSS First Postings - Dog / Pet Friendly?

Post by Jonathan »

Hello,

My initial posting was a northern station with housing provided by Nav and my dog was allowed, as long as the house was returned in good condition (obviously). She loved the -30 degrees :D

I'm not sure if it's national or just local policy though.

Jonathan

Slothhead
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Slothhead »

Thanks for sharing, Jonathan. I think it's going to be okay but wanted to see if anyone else had been in a similar position.

Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

In most jurisdictions, its illegal to discriminate against someone for their choice in pet ownership.

The only three things a wingman should ever say: 1. "Two's up" 2. "You're on fire" 3. "I'll take the fat one"
Slothhead
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Slothhead »

Redneck_pilot86 wrote:In most jurisdictions, its illegal to discriminate against someone for their choice in pet ownership.
Good to know. Unfortunately, I do not currently live in one of those jurisdictions, and finding dog friendly accommodation in my current city can be a challenge. I was a little worried that problem could be amplified in a northern location, that may have limited housing options.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”