YVR FIR

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

MikeGolfEcho
Rank 3
Rank 3

YVR FIR

Post by MikeGolfEcho »

Afternoon folks,

I recently got the green light following my phone interview and am now (impatiently) waiting for an in-person interview call. I know the website states it could be 18 months during which time my application may expire, but I'm wondering (and hoping) someone here may be able to tell me how long is likely/realistic.

I hear there are shortages (every time I check ATIS there seems to be a comment "Due to Controller shortage") which means it's difficult to release people from work to actually run training courses, so even if I get a green light after the in-person interview I may be waiting a while.

Anyone else waiting to hear back for an interview? Has anyone already had an interview date? My assessment session was just in June and my phone interview was just a couple of weeks later.

Any up-dates/information/insight into the current hiring situation for YVR would be appreciated!

Many thanks :)
MGE
---------- ADS -----------

Barnase
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: YVR FIR

Post by Barnase »

Sorry to impose on your thread. But, when did you write the online assessment? I wrote mine back in April and got the green light. Now I've been waiting since then for the opportunity to take the assessment session.

MikeGolfEcho
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MikeGolfEcho »

No problem, I did the online assessment April 11th. I was invited to the in-person assessment session in June (the 13th). Got my results from that on June 21st. Phone interview was done July 6th.

rcminvcr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rcminvcr »

Hello everyone! I see nothing has been posted in the past few months. I'm assuming there hasn't been very many assessments/courses the last little bit then. I just finished my online application and the cognitive ability test online - green lighted.

Looking at previous years it looks like there's been in-person assessments around the Spring and Summer. Here's hoping the next assessment occurs in the next few months! :)

Anyone else on here looking at working in the Vancouver FIR? I wrote down my address at a family place in Delta, BC, however, my mailing address as my current address in northern Alberta. Would they consider me for both regions? I would prefer Vancouver, hence putting my family's home address rather than my current living address. I've sent an e-mail to national recruiting already. Just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation?

FIR : YVR
Stream Preference: 1) VFR 2)IFR 3)FSS
Online Application Date: Jan 20 2018
Online Assessment Test: Jan 20 2018
Online Assessment Result: Green Light (Pass)
In-Person Assessment Test:

Pinstripe75
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Pinstripe75 »

I got the green light back in February of 2017, and just got asked to schedule my in person interview yesterday, so almost a full year. Be patient.

MikeGolfEcho
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MikeGolfEcho »

Quick up-date for anyone interested, I just received the email inviting me to the in-person interview. Booked for this Saturday.

Nervous but excited, and currently reading as much as I can to prepare!

Best of luck all!

MGE.

RippyTheGator
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by RippyTheGator »

I have my in person interview tomorrow! How did yours go? Any suggestions? Been reading up like crazy as well, hope it went well!

Casey

MikeGolfEcho
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MikeGolfEcho »

It didn't go too well unfortunately.... I wasn't feeling my best (head cold), but that's not an excuse. I'm not the best at interviews to start with, and I think nerves got the better of me. Now I'm just waiting for the final confirmation that I messed it-up (the dreaded red light).

Have to wait and see, but I'm not expecting to be added to the training pool. There's always next year though!

Good luck to you!

MGE.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”