Military experience

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

J2ATC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Military experience

Post by J2ATC »

<t>Does anyone have any insight as for if YYZ is still doing any sort of different hiring/recruiting for Military controllers? Old contacts have retired and no one seems to know if they will still be pursuing Military applicants or what the process will involve. Applied months ago and still no word. Not sure if anything else I should be doing/anyone else I should be contacting. <br/>
<br/>
Thanks!<br/>
J2</t>
---------- ADS -----------

jakeandelwood
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Military experience

Post by jakeandelwood »

I would think that having any experience as an air traffic controller from the military or another country would be hugely valued to Nav Canada, also being a pilot one would think that would be of great value to them. It seems like Nav Canada is only concerned on how well you score on that ridiculous test you do at the beginning of the whole assessment process.

sebastienchen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sebastienchen »

jakeandelwood wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:24 pm I would think that having any experience as an air traffic controller from the military or another country would be hugely valued to Nav Canada, also being a pilot one would think that would be of great value to them. It seems like Nav Canada is only concerned on how well you score on that ridiculous test you do at the beginning of the whole assessment process.
I can’t agree anymore. I got experience in CTU for almost 6 years, and if I apply for this job I will need to start from beginning

jakeandelwood
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by jakeandelwood »

I feel the same, every time I go flying they have that endless notam on VFR flight restrictions in class C airspace due to staff shortages. Why is it so hard for people with valuable aviation experience to get hired ?! have several years of IFR commercial flying experience and I failed that test my 1st time, 2nd time I passed it, and I've been waiting nearly a year now. I heard they pick people for the in person interview based solely on how they score on that test, the candidate may not know the difference between a VHF radio and a runway light but heck, if they aced that test......

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”