YVR IFR course offers?

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

wanderlust_xx
Rank 2
Rank 2

YVR IFR course offers?

Post by wanderlust_xx »

hi all-
wondering if anyone has received a course offer for April? (YVR FIR)
:)
---------- ADS -----------

dbebz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: YVR IFR course offers?

Post by dbebz »

So far it looks like only you and I?

Anyone else still waiting on a call/offer? I'm sure there's more than just 2 people for an IFR course. Would be nice to possibly start a study group.

On a side note, if you any of you didn't receive an offer, perhaps you were placed into another stream (VFR/FSS). Just means more waiting lol.

Ssauvage87
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ssauvage87 »

Hey, did you get the offer through the new recruitment site? I have an offer for the March YYZ IFR course, but on the site it just says status "offer" and under next steps it just says "next steps". Just wondering when/how I'll get the actual offer letter and other info etc.

I've had my medical, background check and ITA done since August because I was on standby for the August class but a spot didn't open up so I now have a confirmed seat on the March class, just haven't gotten any actual paperwork yet.

dbebz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dbebz »

The offer will take a while. If your status on the new website says "offer," then you are just waiting for the paperwork. Also, lucky you haha. Plenty of time to prepare for your ITA and training.

On a side note, how long does it take to get the medical and security clearance once you submit the paperwork and do the exam?

Ssauvage87
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ssauvage87 »

dbebz wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:13 pm The offer will take a while. If your status on the new website says "offer," then you are just waiting for the paperwork. Also, lucky you haha. Plenty of time to prepare for your ITA and training.

On a side note, how long does it take to get the medical and security clearance once you submit the paperwork and do the exam?
you dont really get updated directly on either process, however this new recruitment site was not in place when i went through both processes so who knows, maybe now you do get updated along the way. for myself however, i submitted my background check on the 13th of july and did all parts of my medical exam on july 19th. i had been in email communication with a recruitment advisor in ottawa throughout and on july 30th when i checked in with her she was able to tell me that i had passed the background check, and shortly after that i received my medical certificate in the mail. so about 2 weeks all-in-all.

**NB: i was in the first cohort of applicants to go through the new FEAST selection process here at YYZ, in a rather accelerated timeline.

Applied July 25, 2017
invited to assessment on march 25, 2018
went to assessment on april 5th, 2018
invited to 2-day assessment on april 30, 2018
attended 2-day session on May 24 and 25, 2018
notified of standby status on july 12th, 2018 for august 27th class
proceeded with medical exam/background check/ITA prep in order to be prepared should a spot open up for the august class.
no spot opened up, and recieved the official offer call for march 18, 2018 class on december 12th.
registered with new recruitment site and "applied" again.
didnt do any of the online assessments or anything again, they just needed a file for me.
noticed sometime after christmas status changed to "offer" just waiting on the actual paperwork

wanderlust_xx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wanderlust_xx »

I was called and told I would be getting an offer after christmas, and that she just wanted to "give me a heads up before the holidays".
waiting for the email with the "official" offer now!

Lmck596
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Lmck596 »

Have you guys started the ita? :)

dbebz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dbebz »

Yup... massive amount of information to remember.

Slenderjim
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Slenderjim »

I started the ITA prep last week for the March 18 IFR course at YYZ. Super excited but im stuyding each day after my current employment. Almost done Block 2, and yes there is a TON of information.

whitedeer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by whitedeer »

I received an offer for April for YVR IFR! That makes 3 of us :)

This is so exciting! I'm up for starting a study group if anyone else is interested.

dbebz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dbebz »

I've sent you a PM.

Lmck596
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Lmck596 »

How’s it going guys? :D

dbebz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dbebz »

It's an extremely long course that's self paced, so it's taking time haha. We've all been chatting and helping each other out though so hopefully we will finish it within the next few weeks so we can begin studying it in it's entirety.

Lmck596
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Lmck596 »

That’s cool that you found so many people on your course! I never found anybody lol. On the fic course we didn’t have to do the whole ita but we did get a whole other weather online course to do prior to our start date. It is definately time consuming!

Slenderjim
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Slenderjim »

Did the medical and background check. Havnt heard back since but also did all the on boarding signing and documents on workday.

On block 9 of the ITA now and definitely will have to go back and look at it all. There's SO much information haha.

March 18 start date!

hopefulguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hopefulguy »

Lmck596 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:33 am That’s cool that you found so many people on your course! I never found anybody lol. On the fic course we didn’t have to do the whole ita but we did get a whole other weather online course to do prior to our start date. It is definately time consuming!
So how many people ended up being in your FIC course?

Lmck596
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Lmck596 »

There are 5 of us. :)

hopefulguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hopefulguy »

Lmck596 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:36 am There are 5 of us. :)
Cool, thanks for answering! How're you liking the course so far? And life in kamploops? :D

estrela20
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by estrela20 »

Hey guys,
How long did it take after receiving the verbal offer to getting the email with ITA and details?

Lmck596
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Lmck596 »

Kamloops is great! The course is a ton of work! Everybody is super nice tho and they all Cleary want us to succeed so overall it's been a great experience :)

Estrela..I didn't get a verbal offer...I got an email offer on one day and received more details and a link to the ita the next day. How long have you been waiting for it?

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”