When to request to change FIR

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

ty335499
Rank 0
Rank 0

When to request to change FIR

Post by ty335499 »

I'm currently waiting to be invited for the in-person assessment, and my situation is this:

I currently reside in Regina, so if I understand correctly I would be invited to do the assessment in Winnipeg. This would be fine, but if I was selected I would like to train and work in the Gander region. Should I be contacting NavCanada now to request to be changed to Gander, or can I do that after the assessment if I am successful? Doing the assessment in Winnipeg would be easier travel-wise, but I don't want to screw myself over somehow by not understanding how this works. Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything.
---------- ADS -----------

VFRDreamer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: When to request to change FIR

Post by VFRDreamer »

Hey ty,

I have actually switched regions (YYZ TO YVR). When I spoke to the lady from my assessment she did say that I should change regions once I pass the assessment so that the interview is in my region of choice. Although she did mention it helps to do it with the right FIR right away but you can still get away with it after assessment. Good luck!

-VFRDreamer
ty335499
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: When to request to change FIR

Post by ty335499 »

VFRDreamer wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:43 pm Hey ty,

I have actually switched regions (YYZ TO YVR). When I spoke to the lady from my assessment she did say that I should change regions once I pass the assessment so that the interview is in my region of choice. Although she did mention it helps to do it with the right FIR right away but you can still get away with it after assessment. Good luck!
Great. I've sent an email to them asking them the same question, just waiting on a reply now. Thanks for the info!

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”