YYZ Assessment (Feb 2019)

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

aceglitter
Rank 0
Rank 0

YYZ Assessment (Feb 2019)

Post by aceglitter »

Hey guys,

So I just got my invitation for my first assessment at the end of this month! I applied in early September 2018. It said that I won't need to do any work or preparation prior to the testing session? I'm confused because I've read that many of you had received emails with W-SIM pdfs to study.

Do you guys have any tips for how to prepare or what to expect on the tests?

I'm super excited and good luck to everyone!
---------- ADS -----------

andrewface
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: YYZ Assessment (Feb 2019)

Post by andrewface »

What date is the assessment? I guess I didn’t get an invite. That’s disappointing.

kvcy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kvcy »

aceglitter wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:15 am Hey guys,

So I just got my invitation for my first assessment at the end of this month! I applied in early September 2018. It said that I won't need to do any work or preparation prior to the testing session? I'm confused because I've read that many of you had received emails with W-SIM pdfs to study.

Do you guys have any tips for how to prepare or what to expect on the tests?

I'm super excited and good luck to everyone!
Hey! Also got an invite!
I haven't heard anything about getting a W-SIM pdf for YYZ. Maybe I'm wrong. Also curious on this.
Wikipedia has detailed info on FEAST, I suggest you check there :)

jbrooks
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jbrooks »

I also got an invite. I applied in August 2018. I looked at the Wikipedia page, as well as the actual FEAST site. http://feast-info.eurocontrol.int/

Everything I see and read says there is very little way to prepare.

stabilizedapproach
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by stabilizedapproach »

The best preparation you can do is be fully rested for the rest. It will be a grueling day and your brain will need to fire on all cylinders every minute of it.

headingsandbearings
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by headingsandbearings »

Hi there aceglitter, congratulations. How well do you believe you did on the online assessment? Thank you

ATCATHEARATTALK
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ATCATHEARATTALK »

Any idea if we get tested on everything in FEAST I, II, and III on day 1, or will some portions be left for that 2 day bootcamp?

SYT_YYZ
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by SYT_YYZ »

headingsandbearings wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:03 pm Hi there aceglitter, congratulations. How well do you believe you did on the online assessment? Thank you
I second this question.

Lost Cessna Pilot: "Big airport with a little Cessna 150 overhead, please identify yourself!"

Post by jbrooks »

I am headed down tomorrow for FEAST, any ideas on dress code?

SYT_YYZ
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by SYT_YYZ »

2 schools of thought .
1. Your interview begins the second you wawalwawalk in the door.
2. At mine everyone wore casual wear. Jean's, sweaters, one girl had on track pants.

I wore a pair of black pants, tee and a blazer that just dressed it up but with it off was casual.
I'd say just be comfortable.

Slacks and a tshirt/golf shirt are fine. Like i said if your worried throw a blazer over it but likely you won't need it.

Lost Cessna Pilot: "Big airport with a little Cessna 150 overhead, please identify yourself!"

Post by SYT_YYZ »

How did you all make out on feast? I think they are done with the in person assessments now?
Was anyone left with an impression of when we would hear by? I heard after march break... or maybe by Christmas lol.

Post by plausiblyannonymous »

I heard sometime between the end of March Break and the end of March.

If you don't hear from them by then, you might not have been high enough up on the list.

But wow! That was a brutal test. The afternoon activities really beat me down. The more I think about it, the less confident I feel about how I did...

kvcy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kvcy »

plausiblyannonymous wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:39 pm I heard sometime between the end of March Break and the end of March.

If you don't hear from them by then, you might not have been high enough up on the list.

But wow! That was a brutal test. The afternoon activities really beat me down. The more I think about it, the less confident I feel about how I did...
I agree, the last one was particularly screwing me up so much... reading that you finished the first because you were familiar with the heading (from the other post) is making me even more less confident haha
But overall, it was a very fun and exciting positive experience.

plausiblyannonymous
Rank 4
Rank 4

I only finished first because I skimmed the lesson on headings and went straight into the instructions for the task.

It's interesting, in the last task practice, I was so behind the ball and I completely messed up everything. I was sure that it was the reason why I was going to be another low-ranking applicant. When I attempted the actual task however, I did significantly better. I don't think I had any conflicts, unlike the dozen or so in practice.

It was the most stressful experience I have ever been through. I did horribly. If the second from last task was a real world situation, hundreds of people would be dead. I do feel confident that I got most of the numbers right though :)

alex19
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alex19 »

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think anyone walks out of FEAST feeling confident!!

SYT_YYZ
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by SYT_YYZ »

plausiblyannonymous wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:36 am I only finished first because I skimmed the lesson on headings and went straight into the instructions for the task.

It's interesting, in the last task practice, I was so behind the ball and I completely messed up everything. I was sure that it was the reason why I was going to be another low-ranking applicant. When I attempted the actual task however, I did significantly better. I don't think I had any conflicts, unlike the dozen or so in practice.

It was the most stressful experience I have ever been through. I did horribly. If the second from last task was a real world situation, hundreds of people would be dead. I do feel confident that I got most of the numbers right though :)
Hahahah
I said this to my husband afterwards....
He goes " so howd you make out"
"well ...I think I just killed everyone"

Post by kvcy »

plausiblyannonymous wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:36 am I only finished first because I skimmed the lesson on headings and went straight into the instructions for the task.

Ohh I misunderstood.
Oh yeah, the actual task was much better than the practice but still had 1 conflict and a lot of close ones haha..
If it makes you feel any better, I don't think anyone walks out of FEAST feeling confident!!
Oh yeah, that's for sure :lol:

cm6966
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cm6966 »

It was not an easy test. Hopefully everyone turn out great.

letsallbeatcs
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by letsallbeatcs »

Has anyone heard back from them yet? Or do we know when we would hear back by?

Good luck to everyone!

plausiblyannonymous
Rank 4
Rank 4

letsallbeatcs wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:57 am Has anyone heard back from them yet? Or do we know when we would hear back by?

Good luck to everyone!
The guy had said after March Break he'd have the results and then he'd get HR to send out offers for training by the end of the month.

We're getting close!

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”