In Person Test and In Person Assessment

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

ProfessionalATC
Rank 2
Rank 2

In Person Test and In Person Assessment

Post by ProfessionalATC »

So it seems Nav Canada finally updated their website to show a change in the recruitment tests. This is what they now have on their site.

IN PERSON TEST
When there is a need for students in a region, those who performed well at the previous stages will be invited to an in-person assessment. Though you may have been successful in the previous hurdle, there’s no guarantee you’ll be invited to a session as seating is limited and we always invite the top candidates in the pool of applicants. These testing sessions are normally held in each region 1-2 times a year. This session can last up to one day and may test communication, memory, working speed, spatial visualization, thinking and reasoning, attention, information processing and simple math.

IN PERSON ASSESSMENT
Attend a session at a facility which may include interview, group and individual exercises and/or simulation. Be ready to talk about your life, academic and work experience and why you are interested in this career.

1) I'm not sure here, but would i be correct if I said the in person test = FEAST 1
and the In person assessment = FEAST 2

2) Are the in person test and the in person assessment both done at the ACC ?

Thank You.
---------- ADS -----------

johnontwo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: In Person Test and In Person Assessment

Post by johnontwo »

Looks to me like:

1) The old tried and true assessment sessions.

2) FEAST in the regions that have started administering it.

johnontwo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by johnontwo »

In the assessment session process only the final in person interview is held at the ACC. Not sure about FEAST.

plausiblyannonymous
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by plausiblyannonymous »

ProfessionalATC wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:09 pm So it seems Nav Canada finally updated their website to show a change in the recruitment tests. This is what they now have on their site.

IN PERSON TEST
When there is a need for students in a region, those who performed well at the previous stages will be invited to an in-person assessment. Though you may have been successful in the previous hurdle, there’s no guarantee you’ll be invited to a session as seating is limited and we always invite the top candidates in the pool of applicants. These testing sessions are normally held in each region 1-2 times a year. This session can last up to one day and may test communication, memory, working speed, spatial visualization, thinking and reasoning, attention, information processing and simple math.

IN PERSON ASSESSMENT
Attend a session at a facility which may include interview, group and individual exercises and/or simulation. Be ready to talk about your life, academic and work experience and why you are interested in this career.

1) I'm not sure here, but would i be correct if I said the in person test = FEAST 1

Thank You.
No, you do FEAST I and FEAST II in the same day. The morning is FEAST I and the afternoon is II.

AFAIK, the "Bootcamp" that you might be invited to if you do well on FEAST I and II is FEAST III and interviews.

Ssauvage87
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ssauvage87 »

ProfessionalATC wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:09 pm So it seems Nav Canada finally updated their website to show a change in the recruitment tests. This is what they now have on their site.

IN PERSON TEST

IN PERSON ASSESSMENT

Thank You.
You are almost correct, as someone else said, the in person test refers to the 8-hour FEAST I + II, and the in person assessment is FEAST III, and the interviews/group work etc as listed. And all was done at the ACC for me.

ProfessionalATC
Rank 2
Rank 2

Ssauvage87 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:24 pm

IN PERSON TEST

IN PERSON ASSESSMENT

Thank You.
You are almost correct, as someone else said, the in person test refers to the 8-hour FEAST I + II, and the in person assessment is FEAST III, and the interviews/group work etc as listed. And all was done at the ACC for me.

Thank you, which ACC did you do yours at ?

ProfessionalATC
Rank 2
Rank 2

What were the interview questions like? were they behavioral type interview questions or were they straightforward, tell me about yourself type questions ?

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”