Boot Camp Invitation (FEAST process)

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

letsallbeatcs
Rank 1
Rank 1

Boot Camp Invitation (FEAST process)

Post by letsallbeatcs »

Hello again everyone. Congrats to everyone who got an invitation to the 2 day boot camp and best wishes to everyone else in their upcoming endeavours.

I was wondering if anyone here has attended the boot camp before and could disclose what it entails? Is it the FEAST III, more tests, or more of an interview type situation. Also if there's any info on how many people made it past the boot camp, and the general timeline once the boot camp invitation was received.

I remember the instructor telling us that once we get to this stage, it's less about shaving candidates off the pool and more about assessing who is more suitable for what stream (although I heard people can still get DNMF'd after the boot camp).

Cheers!
---------- ADS -----------

kvcy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Boot Camp Invitation (FEAST process)

Post by kvcy »

Also interested and want to ask how the 2 day boot-camp is held (ex. interviews on second or first day?)

From what I was told, they take 10 of the 30 (I heard sometimes it's less) who got the boot-camp invitations.

letsallbeatcs
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by letsallbeatcs »

kvcy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:45 pm Also interested and want to ask how the 2 day boot-camp is held (ex. interviews on second or first day?)

From what I was told, they take 10 of the 30 (I heard sometimes it's less) who got the boot-camp invitations.
10 out of 30? No kidding every step of this application sounds absolutely crazy. I heard the "graduation" rate after getting into one of these courses hovers around 30%-40% so at the end of the 18 month training period there's like 3, 4, tops 5 qualified controllers. Those are insanely lower percentages.

hopefulguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hopefulguy »

Well, if we were to assume that FEAST is better at finding the people with the right aptitudes to become an ATC (which is really the only reason they are bringing it in instead of continuing using the previous tests in the first place right?), then we might also assume that more trainees accepted from the FEAST exams will be successful as a % at the end.

estrela20
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by estrela20 »

Congrats to those of you who made passed FEAST - it is not the easiest assessment :)
I took FEAST in December last year and received an invite to the bootcamp which happened mid January in YEG. I received an IFR offer about 3-4 weeks after the bootcamp. We are not allowed to disclose much information about the 2 day assessment, but what I can say is: do as much research about the company as possible. NAV is huge on technological advancements/developments - know what they are :) Dont hold back....show them who you are and what you know!

Good luck guys!!!

letsallbeatcs
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by letsallbeatcs »

estrela20 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:18 am Congrats to those of you who made passed FEAST - it is not the easiest assessment :)
I took FEAST in December last year and received an invite to the bootcamp which happened mid January in YEG. I received an IFR offer about 3-4 weeks after the bootcamp. We are not allowed to disclose much information about the 2 day assessment, but what I can say is: do as much research about the company as possible. NAV is huge on technological advancements/developments - know what they are :) Dont hold back....show them who you are and what you know!

Good luck guys!!!
Thank you for the advice! I assumed where it was like the initial testing where they said not to disclose any info.

Did you take the assessment on the last session date or in the beginning? The waiting gives me cold feet haha

plausiblyannonymous
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by plausiblyannonymous »

I have gotten an email telling me that I have been invited to the next stage, but I haven't been able to book the dates yet.

Has anyone been able to book?

letsallbeatcs
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by letsallbeatcs »

plausiblyannonymous wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:52 pm I have gotten an email telling me that I have been invited to the next stage, but I haven't been able to book the dates yet.

Has anyone been able to book?
No not yet, we'll probably get notified with an email once we can schedule. And I think it will be tomorrow because most of their important scheduling emails come Friday

kvcy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kvcy »

estrela20 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:18 am Congrats to those of you who made passed FEAST - it is not the easiest assessment :)

Good luck guys!!!
Thanks for the tips!
Can you tell us if the interviews are individual or group interviews?

kvcy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kvcy »

letsallbeatcs wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:53 pm
kvcy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:45 pm Also interested and want to ask how the 2 day boot-camp is held (ex. interviews on second or first day?)

10 out of 30? No kidding every step of this application sounds absolutely crazy. I heard the "graduation" rate after getting into one of these courses hovers around 30%-40% so at the end of the 18 month training period there's like 3, 4, tops 5 qualified controllers. Those are insanely lower percentages.
Yeah, I've read that too... but I guess it only makes sense since the job requires a lot of things from you.
I'm sure that as long as we prioritize training and really put our time and effort into it, it won't be impossible to "graduate".
Hopefully that rate will go up with the new assessment method as hopefulguy mentioned :prayer:

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”