Interview Tips

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

ty335499
Rank 0
Rank 0

Interview Tips

Post by ty335499 »

I passed my assessment and have an interview later this month in YQX. I'm trying to prepare the best I can, and I'm just wondering if anyone had any info or tips or things to think about. Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

MaintainVFR
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Interview Tips

Post by MaintainVFR »

The interview is all about preparation. Prepare some answers to common behavioural questions. Things like tell me about a time you have had to overcome a challenge at work. What do you do to cope with stress, etc. It’s been a long time since I went through the process but I remember them asking variations of those questions.

They will want to see that you are aware of how difficult training can be. In Gander if you work Oceanic there are a lot of midnight shifts so they want you to be aware of that and comfortable with shift work. I think Gander is running a national VFR program at the moment so they may want to know if you would be ok with moving anywhere in the country after the course.

Do some research on things that Nav Canada does. Not just IFR vs VFR vs FSS but also things like Aireon and other things that they develop and sell to other ATS providers. I was asked about what I knew about Nav.

Good luck
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”