When is YVR's next in-person assessment session?

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

moosetracks
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: When is YVR's next in-person assessment session?

Post by moosetracks »

Aguaymanto wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:27 pm
Nekton wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:36 am I would be interested in that answer too. I am under the impression that all streams do the same testing and that your results will dictate whether you get an offer for training, and for what kind. If anyone can confirm/clarify the testing and interview stages for VFR, IFR, FSS that would be much appreciated.
I also have this same question!
I know that VFR and IFR follow the same testing and interview steps; online, FEAST, Bootcamp (although a few FIR may still be using the old WSIM, not 100% on that and they are switching everything over soon).

For FSS I am not sure at all after the online test so best to contact atscareers@navcanada.ca with that question. I'm betting it is still FEAST but the pass mark may be lower or they just simply draw from that pool or even the Bootcamp to fill those positions as needed. I'm not really sure how many people they need for FSS classes or if they run on a regular basis or just need based. Could vary by FIR.
---------- ADS -----------

utkarsh132
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by utkarsh132 »

moosetracks wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:16 pm In workday click on your username in the top right then go to "candidate home". There you will find your application with current status. If you click on the application it will take you to an area that has "your tasks" that lists things you need to do if any. When you get a task to do you should also get an email from workday telling you to do something. For example when they invite you to FEAST you will get an email telling you, and then you will schedule the date on this "your tasks" section of workday.
thank you so much.. that really helped me finding my status. Its assessment now with no pending tasks. I really appreciate your guidance.

rcminvcr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rcminvcr »

2 questions.

1) For any YVR applicants that completed the w-Sim in-person assessment, but not FEAST, would they still be considered for interviews?
2) Has anyone heard when the next round of interviews is?

I'm hoping either of these may have been mentioned at the in-person assessment.

Cheers,

novemberalpha
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by novemberalpha »

rcminvcr wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:09 pm 2 questions.

1) For any YVR applicants that completed the w-Sim in-person assessment, but not FEAST, would they still be considered for interviews?
2) Has anyone heard when the next round of interviews is?

I'm hoping either of these may have been mentioned at the in-person assessment.

Cheers,
I was in the last W-Sim for the YVR FIR in late January; they ran interviews for those successful in the in-person assessment between end of June and mid-July this summer. Given that fact and that they've moved over to the FEAST system now and ran assessments at the end of October, I would expect that it may be possible, but it is probably unlikely that those who completed the W-Sim would be considered for interviews now.

That said, I don't think anyone is super clear on if/how they compare candidates coming out of the old system versus the new, or how the switch over will affect offers extended. I get the feeling NavCanada holds those cards real close to the chest.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”