YQM VFR National Course - November 2019

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

randomtask
Rank 0
Rank 0

YQM VFR National Course - November 2019

Post by randomtask »

Just wondering if anyone out there has been given an offer for the National VFR course in the Moncton FIR beginning mid November.

Also if anyone has had to relocate to Moncton and has any input on where a good place to look for accommodation for 4-6 months.
---------- ADS -----------

CharlieDeeBoy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: YQM VFR National Course - November 2019

Post by CharlieDeeBoy »

Congratulations! I got asked if I would like to attend the national course.

randomtask
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by randomtask »

Congrats to you too! What'd you say? Are you going to do it?

hopefulguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hopefulguy »

Which FIR are you guys in if you don't mind me asking? The supervisor at YVR told us there won't be any VFR courses here in the foreseeable future because of contract negotiations... I wonder if there's any possibility for national VFR courses.

CharlieDeeBoy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CharlieDeeBoy »

I am in YYZ.

YQM was unable to fill up their classes with candidates from YQM so they made the seats available to YYZ. The seats filled up too quickly so I was unable to get one.

The next YYZ test will be at the end of September so YYZ candidates should be hearing at the end of August.

Being asked to attend YQM is not a guarantee of an offer for the YYZ assessment.

Last edited by CharlieDeeBoy on Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stormymonday
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by stormymonday »

Being asked to attend YQM is not a guarantee of an offer for the YYZ assessment.
ya, this was offered to those who had YQM as second choice. I'm also YYZ and was offered YQM assessment, got a seat, then turned it down once I called recruitment and got some clarity and realized that it was for YQM FIR. My fingers (and eyes :rolleyes: ) are crossed for an invite email next week. Good luck!

JetReath
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JetReath »

CharlieDeeBoy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:55 am Congratulations! I got asked if I would like to attend the national course.
Sorry just clarifying, were you loaded onto the course in Nov? I know two from Moncton that have been loaded for a few months now.

randomtask
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by randomtask »

JetReath wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:05 pm
CharlieDeeBoy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:55 am Congratulations! I got asked if I would like to attend the national course.
Sorry just clarifying, were you loaded onto the course in Nov? I know two from Moncton that have been loaded for a few months now.
I've been loaded onto the VFR course in Nov.

randomtask
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by randomtask »

The people from Moncton that you know, are they active on this discussion board? They're in the VFR basic course that begins mid November, correct?

JetReath
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JetReath »

randomtask wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:49 am
The people from Moncton that you know, are they active on this discussion board? They're in the VFR basic course that begins mid November, correct?
I don’t believe they are. And yeah, one is a friend of mine (Il pass this onto him) and the other is a son of an IFR controller at the centre.

snairlines
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by snairlines »

JetReath wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:23 am

I don’t believe they are. And yeah, one is a friend of mine (Il pass this onto him) and the other is a son of an IFR controller at the centre.
I am the friend! Just got all setup on the forum. Cool to hear of other people on the course!

randomtask
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by randomtask »

snairlines wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:45 pm
JetReath wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:23 am

I am the friend! Just got all setup on the forum. Cool to hear of other people on the course!
Hey! Sorry I missed this post. Just PM'd you, snairlines!

atcthrowawayyy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atcthrowawayyy »

Have any offers gone out for YQM IFR National Course starting in April?

I was informed that the offers would go out some time this month.

GuyCapelle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by GuyCapelle »

Yes, I received an offer for IFR in Moncton (national course) for April 6, 2020.

I would be interested in connecting with other students - might be possible to coordinate, for example, housing.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”