YYZ Feb. 2020

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

M92
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: YYZ Feb. 2020

Post by M92 »

levinqute wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:18 am I emailed NAVCAN to confirm if I failed or not and Joanne said that assessment arent out yet so im not sure whats going on lol.

M92 did you get a rejection email for YQX or YYZ?
It’s all the same, I wrote in Gander but my email just came from the general Nav Can recruitment team, not any single person. Failed In Gander, but I was in the Toronto pool. Sucks to suck but alas I hope I get an FSS invite.
---------- ADS -----------

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

M92 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:29 am
levinqute wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:18 am I emailed NAVCAN to confirm if I failed or not and Joanne said that assessment arent out yet so im not sure whats going on lol.

It’s all the same, I wrote in Gander but my email just came from the general Nav Can recruitment team, not any single person. Failed In Gander, but I was in the Toronto pool. Sucks to suck but alas I hope I get an FSS invite.
:cry: :cry:

Good luck on FSS, might be joining you.

glide slope
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by glide slope »

levinqute wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:38 am

LOL! keep a seat warm for me.

M92
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by M92 »

On the plus side 18 months isn’t that long and while they say you can’t really prep for the ATC, I could see how you could engage your brain in other ways to be better prepared for what it entails and still be successful in the course. I’m not gonna study for two years but I could see how just doing simple things would help.

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

M92 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:58 am

On the plus side 18 months isn’t that long and while they say you can’t really prep for the ATC, I could see how you could engage your brain in other ways to be better prepared for what it entails and still be successful in the course. I’m not gonna study for two years but I could see how just doing simple things would help.
Is it a 18 month wait before you can apply for a transfer? Thats not too bad.

M92
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by M92 »

I think it's 3 years for a transfer, but I was talking about a general retest for ATC, my bad! I've had a CBSA app in for 2 years now and have half the process left so 18 months is nothing for me lol

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

M92 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:25 am I think it's 3 years for a transfer, but I was talking about a general retest for ATC, my bad! I've had a CBSA app in for 2 years now and have half the process left so 18 months is nothing for me lol
Damn CBSA taking its sweet time. My friend's interview with BOC lasted 16 months and like 6 assessments and interviews, I thought that was long lol

I also just got the email saying I "achieved minimum pass mark and may be considered for further testing" is that the email the rest of you guys got?

edit: Status in workday updated to "Status:Interview"

I might have a chance yet.

M92
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by M92 »

levinqute wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:56 am
M92 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:25 am I think it's 3 years for a transfer, but I was talking about a general retest for ATC, my bad! I've had a CBSA app in for 2 years now and have half the process left so 18 months is nothing for me lol
Damn CBSA taking its sweet time. My friend's interview with BOC lasted 16 months and like 6 assessments and interviews, I thought that was long lol

I also just got the email saying I "achieved minimum pass mark and may be considered for further testing" is that the email the rest of you guys got?

Congrats! That definitely means you passed!

nambrev
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by nambrev »

Congrats! Same email as the one I got yesterday. It didn’t really have much info, so here’s hoping for the bootcamp invite soon!
What time did you get it today? I’m wondering if we may possibly hear about bootcamp in the next hour

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

M92 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:13 pm

Congrats! That definitely means you passed!
Thanks! I hope so.
nambrev wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:56 pm Congrats! Same email as the one I got yesterday. It didn’t really have much info, so here’s hoping for the bootcamp invite soon!
What time did you get it today? I’m wondering if we may possibly hear about bootcamp in the next hour
I got it at 2:45pm wrote FEAST on Feb 3rd.

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

Thought id post one of these for reference.

FIR : YYZ
Preference order - IFR, VFR
Application began: Dec 28, 2019
Online assessment: Dec 28, 2019
In person assessment invitation email: January 06, 2020
In person assessment: February 03, 2020
In person assessment results: March 11, 2020
Boot-camp invitation email: TBD
In person boot-camp: TBD
Course offer: TBD
Training date: TBD

sidrafm100
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sidrafm100 »

nambrev wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:34 pm
yyzpeachie wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:22 pm At 1:15, and Feb. 14!
Also Feb 14 and got it at 1:15!
so i got an email saying i didnt pass but i quote ‘ your file indicates that you may be eligible for further testing for a career as a FSS’ ... so i dont know the hell is going on

Ksar
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Ksar »

You guys read the ywg posts? All testing cancelled due to COVID19. I’m in same boat, passed FEAST, waiting to see if I get an invite, which maybe nobody is now.

trucksandplanes
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by trucksandplanes »

sidrafm100 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:19 pm
nambrev wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:34 pm
yyzpeachie wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:22 pm At 1:15, and Feb. 14!
Also Feb 14 and got it at 1:15!
so i got an email saying i didnt pass but i quote ‘ your file indicates that you may be eligible for further testing for a career as a FSS’ ... so i dont know the hell is going on
Yes, I got this message as well. Current status is "Screen".

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

Ksar wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:43 pm You guys read the ywg posts? All testing cancelled due to COVID19. I’m in same boat, passed FEAST, waiting to see if I get an invite, which maybe nobody is now.
Yea confirmed with Joanne they are postponed until further notice.

Very unfortunate, training sessions are still scheduled for fall apparently.

M92
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by M92 »

levinqute wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:29 am
Ksar wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:43 pm You guys read the ywg posts? All testing cancelled due to COVID19. I’m in same boat, passed FEAST, waiting to see if I get an invite, which maybe nobody is now.

Y’all saw my joke and didn’t even laugh?! Ugh, low key offended. Maybe I should ask Joanne about FSS, reading more about it, it looks pretty cool too.

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

M92 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:30 pm

Y’all saw my joke and didn’t even laugh?! Ugh, low key offended. Maybe I should ask Joanne about FSS, reading more about it, it looks pretty cool too.
LOL tbh I missed it. :mrgreen:
I wonder if you have to do another assessment for FSS? I dont think they test with FEAST. I have a feeling they are delaying that too.

Joanne responds super quickly so worth an email.

M92
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by M92 »

levinqute wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:25 pm
M92 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:30 pm

LOL tbh I missed it. :mrgreen:
I wonder if you have to do another assessment for FSS? I dont think they test with FEAST. I have a feeling they are delaying that too.

Joanne responds super quickly so worth an email.
Now worries, everyone’s probably really stressed about the current situation! I was wondering the same too about FSS, thanks for the tip! I just may have to!

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

With the recent announcement I really doubt that we will have assessments anytime soon. Cant see this dying down in the summer for us to start this fall I know its the last thing to worry about rn but unfortunate timing for all of us.

Good luck to everyone out there stay safe!
M92 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:54 pm Now worries, everyone’s probably really stressed about the current situation! I was wondering the same too about FSS, thanks for the tip! I just may have to!
Did you try reaching out to NC?

M92
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by M92 »

levinqute wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am With the recent announcement I really doubt that we will have assessments anytime soon. Cant see this dying down in the summer for us to start this fall I know its the last thing to worry about rn but unfortunate timing for all of us.

Good luck to everyone out there stay safe!
M92 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:54 pm Now worries, everyone’s probably really stressed about the current situation! I was wondering the same too about FSS, thanks for the tip! I just may have to!
Did you try reaching out to NC?
I did, no timelines projected as it’s delayed. Hiring is not but the recruitment and initiatives are. Aka they still are recruiting but due to COVID19 they’re putting things on hold as many have suggested.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”