YYZ Feb. 2020

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

YYZKammMaliok
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: YYZ Feb. 2020

Post by YYZKammMaliok »

Nice, guess we'll know soon if we were among the top applicants to proceed. Whoever gets an email or a status update, keep us in the loop! I'll do the same :)
---------- ADS -----------

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

glide slope wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:05 am
levinqute wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:54 am
glide slope wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:07 am Hey, has anyone heard back regarding Boot camp invites for April 2020? Thanks
Not yet :( :(

The waiting is killing me. :|
Yeah i hear ya!
Spoke with Joanne in recruiting this morning, she said we should hear back "within a day or 2"
Thats awesome!

Thanks for the update.

stormymonday
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by stormymonday »

M92 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:15 am
Aguaymanto wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:29 pm
M92 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:12 pm Did anyone get an offer (email from HR) to test in Gander or was this just me?
I did! I'm going to the weekend session, how about you?
Congrats!! I’m going on Friday, flying out of London on Thursday. Probably should have done Wednesday to be safe but being a student I’m strapped for cash.

Do you know if they’ve moved our files so we test in Gander but return to Toronto if we are successful or if we are now Gander bound upon success? My email chats read as both with them.
Hey there, curious to know how Gander was? Did they tell you if you'd return to YYZ if successful, or remain in Gander? I ask because I was also invited to Gander (YYZ file) and declined because I was not able to make the dates.

M92
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by M92 »

stormymonday wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:13 am

Congrats!! I’m going on Friday, flying out of London on Thursday. Probably should have done Wednesday to be safe but being a student I’m strapped for cash.

Do you know if they’ve moved our files so we test in Gander but return to Toronto if we are successful or if we are now Gander bound upon success? My email chats read as both with them.
Hey there, curious to know how Gander was? Did they tell you if you'd return to YYZ if successful, or remain in Gander? I ask because I was also invited to Gander (YYZ file) and declined because I was not able to make the dates.
No idea, all of what I’m going to say is based on both my research and what HR has said.

I didn’t mind it but I am probably one of the few (I assume) who has absolutely 0 need to stay where I am so that may affect how I see it. There were at least 2-3 others who weren’t from NL (presently) and maybe 10 or so who wrote on the same day as me. I assume weekends had more both in terms of locals and other travellers.

HR emailed me saying testing, assessments and training in Gander when they first offered and said my file was moved so I assume that’s where I’m at right now but I don’t know anything about afterwards.

However, the HR rep at the assessment congratulated us (before the last test) on making this far and just laid out some basic “what’s next.” They said anyone from Gander would likely hear something by mid-March for April interviews but they weren’t sure for anyone who travelled. I think I’ve read, that some people were offered testing in other regions with the ability to return to their region (due to limited spaces) so I’m just sort of riding it out and seeing where it goes.

Hope that helps?

atcthrowawayyy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atcthrowawayyy »

One of my friends was offered to give FEAST in Gander.

The email said that his file could move back to Toronto for rest of the application process and training.

Based on the above info, it seems like scores of people who attended in YYZ, and scores of people from YYZ but attended in YQX would be tabulated and the top candidates would be offered to attend the boot camp in YYZ. And I suppose candidates who didn't score high enough might be offered to attend boot camp in YQX, even though they gave FEAST in YYZ. I think it is fair.

Logically, why shouldn't a YYZ candidate who gave feast in YQX be considered for YYZ boot camp, if they scored higher than people in YYZ?

M92
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by M92 »

atcthrowawayyy wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:07 pm

One of my friends was offered to give FEAST in Gander.

The email said that his file could move back to Toronto for rest of the application process and training.

Based on the above info, it seems like scores of people who attended in YYZ, and scores of people from YYZ but attended in YQX would be tabulated and the top candidates would be offered to attend the boot camp in YYZ. And I suppose candidates who didn't score high enough might be offered to attend boot camp in YQX, even though they gave FEAST in YYZ. I think it is fair.

Logically, why shouldn't a YYZ candidate who gave feast in YQX be considered for YYZ boot camp, if they scored higher than people in YYZ?
This is kind of why I’m so stumped. I can think of at least 10 or so scenarios or “but if” comments that all kind of defeat another for determining testing in different regions. Luckily, for myself I have 0 attachment and only a preference for where I’m at (YYZ FIR) but I really couldn’t care where I end up if I get offered. Hopefully everyone else gets what they want though both in terms of the FEAST and FIR.

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

Anyone from YYZ get an invite?

Looks like YEG got theirs.

YYZKammMaliok
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by YYZKammMaliok »

levinqute wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:55 pm Anyone from YYZ get an invite?

Not yet, I talked to Joanne and she mentioned results should be completed by tomorrow. Best of luck to us all! :)

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

YYZKammMaliok wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:59 pm
levinqute wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:55 pm Anyone from YYZ get an invite?

Not yet, I talked to Joanne and she mentioned results should be completed by tomorrow. Best of luck to us all! :)
Ah, good luck! Now im gonna be starring at my gmail from 9am for this update... will be first to let you guys know if i pass or fail

arcticice
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by arcticice »

Any news guys?

YYZKammMaliok
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by YYZKammMaliok »

arcticice wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:28 am Any news guys?
Nope, nothing yet on my side. :p

glide slope
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by glide slope »

YYZKammMaliok wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:47 am
arcticice wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:28 am Any news guys?
Nope, nothing yet on my side. :p
Me thinks Joanne is a liar :shock:

arcticice
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by arcticice »

I called and the person told me that anything new will get updated in account and she cannot say anything.

YYZKammMaliok
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by YYZKammMaliok »

glide slope wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:11 pm
I’m sure that she is not a liar. She’s the most amazing person in recruitment and also very polite and helpful. I’m sure there must be some technical issue which is why it’s taking a bit longer than expected. Let’s not point fingers guys, she’s been the most helpful and kind person to me and I’m sure to many others as well. I can only imagine how tough it might be to compile results for all FIR’s and send them out accordingly.

We should be patient and hope for the best.

arcticice
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by arcticice »

Now I am fine with not getting selected. If they reply that I will be happy.

digitallic
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by digitallic »

Let me provide a little clarity for those who may not be as in the know as I am.

In the next couple of days you will receive an email which states whether you passed or failed feast. If you failed, your 18 month clock starts ticking from the date you wrote the feast until you can apply again from the beginning.

If you passed, congrats. Your status on workday will change to “interview”. However, you are not necessarily getting a bootcamp invite. You are just eligible for bootcamp. Your feast score needs to be in the top 30-40 scores (depending on navcan’s requirements). However, not just the top 30-40 scores of the people who you wrote the feast with, you are also competing with anyone that has passed the feast in the last 18 months, but has not been invited to bootcamp yet. Anyone who passes the feast goes into a pool of applicants.

There’s three ways to leave the pool:

1. Every six months when a bootcamp occurs, your feast score happens to be in the top 30-40 and you are invited to bootcamp.
2. You do not receive a bootcamp invite after 18 months after you passed the feast. Unfortunately you get dropped from the application process, but you can apply again right away from the beginning
3. You withdraw your application on workday.

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

YYZKammMaliok wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:32 pm
I’m sure that she is not a liar. She’s the most amazing person in recruitment and also very polite and helpful. I’m sure there must be some technical issue which is why it’s taking a bit longer than expected. Let’s not point fingers guys, she’s been the most helpful and kind person to me and I’m sure to many others as well. I can only imagine how tough it might be to compile results for all FIR’s and send them out accordingly.

She just got our hopes up :cry:

I think we will get it by weeks end. Or I hope lol

glide slope
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by glide slope »

levinqute wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:19 pm
YYZKammMaliok wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:32 pm

She just got our hopes up :cry:

I think we will get it by weeks end. Or I hope lol
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the last feast results for YYZ available much quicker? within 2 weeks?

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

glide slope wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:14 am
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the last feast results for YYZ available much quicker? within 2 weeks?
Yea according to the last yyz assessment post.

They had theirs Sept 23- Oct 2 and people heard back as quick as Oct 9 :| :| we are closing in on a month of waiting.

Edit: may have misread looks like people got a passed FEAST email a week or so later but the actual boot camp invite wasnt until late Oct so about the same as us!

Last edited by levinqute on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
atcthrowawayyy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atcthrowawayyy »

For some context,

last year, we had FEAST in late Feb/early March and we got informed of our results on April 3rd.

Good luck.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”