FEAST Questions

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
levinqute
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:23 am

FEAST Questions

Post by levinqute » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:12 am

Assuming the wiki article on the test is still accurate, I was just wondering if NAV CAN has an English testing section like the wiki suggests. From researching past posts it seems like there is an extremely difficult "voicemail" section is this part of FEAST english section or is that part of the old wsim?

Also can anyone comment on how specific parts are weighed? I know you sign an NDA but I was doing some cube folding practice questions and boy do I suck at those. If I hypothetically do above average on the rest of the assessment including DART/Multipass would I be okay doing subpar/failing the spatial/cube folding test? Am I likely to fail if I do bad on one part?
---------- ADS -----------
  

atcthrowawayyy
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:19 am

Re: FEAST Questions

Post by atcthrowawayyy » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:18 am

I don't think there is a voicemail section anymore in FEAST, but you may have something similar, that tests your listening skills. Sorry, I can't reveal more due to NDA, and it would be unfair advantage to you over others.

As far as results go, no one knows. I don't think anyone except for someone from Nav Canada knows what is considered as pass or fail. And I don't think they will be revealing it.

After giving FEAST, I realised that the Wikipedia article is quite accurate.

The best prep you can have for FEAST is make sure you are well rested (good sleep), completely fresh, and have max alertness level for the test.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Levines77
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:49 am

Re: FEAST Questions

Post by Levines77 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:18 am

Does anyone know if pencil and paper are allowed while doing FEAST?
---------- ADS -----------
  

pupelarajaka
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:12 am

Re: FEAST Questions

Post by pupelarajaka » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:10 pm

no pen and paper allowed
---------- ADS -----------
  

levinqute
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:23 am

Re: FEAST Questions

Post by levinqute » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:49 pm

Thanks for confirming the English section, I guess the last part of that is similar to the old voicemail test. Sucks we dont get paper.

Also to add, anyone willing to confirm we get tested on both DART and "Multipass"? The wiki has a good description of DART but not multipass or is multipass the "strip management display" thats described on the wiki? Lots of people talk about it on reddit not here.

Thanks to anyone whos willing to help! I know I cant practice these things buts its a little more comforting to know what to expect.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Planes1344
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: FEAST Questions

Post by Planes1344 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:58 am

To Be completely honest with you I went into FEAST having read the WIKI page once and With No Practice and no expectations(Also 4 hours of sleep due to a few cancelled flights) and it was almost nice not worrying about it too much as they tell you in the room people who practice the FEAST test to pass it are at an unfair advantage while also more likely to fail out of the training. No one knows which parts are weighted more than others so i wouldn't go into it like a test where you start subtracting things that go wrong.
---------- ADS -----------
  

levinqute
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:23 am

Re: FEAST Questions

Post by levinqute » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:00 am

Planes1344 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:58 am
To Be completely honest with you I went into FEAST having read the WIKI page once and With No Practice and no expectations(Also 4 hours of sleep due to a few cancelled flights) and it was almost nice not worrying about it too much as they tell you in the room people who practice the FEAST test to pass it are at an unfair advantage while also more likely to fail out of the training. No one knows which parts are weighted more than others so i wouldn't go into it like a test where you start subtracting things that go wrong.
Fair enough lol, the student in me is freaking out because you cant prep for it and what practice ive been doing i did horrible, stupid cube folding questions. Thanks for the heads up tho.
---------- ADS -----------
  

M92
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:17 pm

Re: FEAST Questions

Post by M92 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:16 pm

levinqute wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:00 am
Planes1344 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:58 am
To Be completely honest with you I went into FEAST having read the WIKI page once and With No Practice and no expectations(Also 4 hours of sleep due to a few cancelled flights) and it was almost nice not worrying about it too much as they tell you in the room people who practice the FEAST test to pass it are at an unfair advantage while also more likely to fail out of the training. No one knows which parts are weighted more than others so i wouldn't go into it like a test where you start subtracting things that go wrong.
Fair enough lol, the student in me is freaking out because you cant prep for it and what practice ive been doing i did horrible, stupid cube folding questions. Thanks for the heads up tho.
Impending Essay:

Not going to go into specifics but don’t stress, I just finished as of 10 minutes ago, definitely get a good nights rest and if you’re travelling leave the day before you were thinking. It sucks paying more to stay somewhere but holy smokes that’s not necessarily the hardest test, but it’s a long day. The first half blew by and while I had my ups and downs, it felt okay. The second portion, well that’s another story.

Maybe you’ll have better luck, maybe not, heck I read everyone feels like they did bad/failed and after completing the whole day I see why. Just keep your composure and when you know you nailed something, even one answer or one part of something, just use it as a confidence booster to get momentum back.

I also just graduated and studying definitely was wanted but you really can’t study and if you do, you’re 100% cheating. Maybe not cheating but once you take the test you’d know what I mean. They give you plenty of practice.

The biggest takeaway, READ READ READ AND TAKE YOUR TIME. I didn’t miss anything but you know when you see someone finish and you’re like “shoot I’m an idiot?” Well it doesn’t matter and honestly I read one of the passages over and over until I got it “right.” Even then I messed up the first practice run but then I got the hang of it. If I somehow pull this one out, I definitely did it because I kept reading until I was like “I just have to try this.”

Hopefully I’ll see whomever whenever at the next phase!
---------- ADS -----------
  

levinqute
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:23 am

Re: FEAST Questions

Post by levinqute » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:28 pm

M92 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:16 pm
levinqute wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:00 am
Planes1344 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:58 am
To Be completely honest with you I went into FEAST having read the WIKI page once and With No Practice and no expectations(Also 4 hours of sleep due to a few cancelled flights) and it was almost nice not worrying about it too much as they tell you in the room people who practice the FEAST test to pass it are at an unfair advantage while also more likely to fail out of the training. No one knows which parts are weighted more than others so i wouldn't go into it like a test where you start subtracting things that go wrong.
Fair enough lol, the student in me is freaking out because you cant prep for it and what practice ive been doing i did horrible, stupid cube folding questions. Thanks for the heads up tho.
Impending Essay:

Not going to go into specifics but don’t stress, I just finished as of 10 minutes ago, definitely get a good nights rest and if you’re travelling leave the day before you were thinking. It sucks paying more to stay somewhere but holy smokes that’s not necessarily the hardest test, but it’s a long day. The first half blew by and while I had my ups and downs, it felt okay. The second portion, well that’s another story.

Maybe you’ll have better luck, maybe not, heck I read everyone feels like they did bad/failed and after completing the whole day I see why. Just keep your composure and when you know you nailed something, even one answer or one part of something, just use it as a confidence booster to get momentum back.

I also just graduated and studying definitely was wanted but you really can’t study and if you do, you’re 100% cheating. Maybe not cheating but once you take the test you’d know what I mean. They give you plenty of practice.

The biggest takeaway, READ READ READ AND TAKE YOUR TIME. I didn’t miss anything but you know when you see someone finish and you’re like “shoot I’m an idiot?” Well it doesn’t matter and honestly I read one of the passages over and over until I got it “right.” Even then I messed up the first practice run but then I got the hang of it. If I somehow pull this one out, I definitely did it because I kept reading until I was like “I just have to try this.”

Hopefully I’ll see whomever whenever at the next phase!
I really thought the first part of the test was harder and DART/multi pass was the easiet and fun to do. Although i probably bombed the audio portion of multipass the "sequences" were so hard to follow and of course the dreaded cube folding questions.

Most ppl in my group said similar where no on realky knew how well they did (me either).

At least I get to find out relatively soon since our tests were earlier then yours.

Also I agree no way to prep for it really and after writing the test I now know why people wont share info on the test.
---------- ADS -----------
  

M92
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:17 pm

Re: FEAST Questions

Post by M92 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:22 pm

levinqute wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:28 pm
M92 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:16 pm
levinqute wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:00 am


Fair enough lol, the student in me is freaking out because you cant prep for it and what practice ive been doing i did horrible, stupid cube folding questions. Thanks for the heads up tho.
Impending Essay:

Not going to go into specifics but don’t stress, I just finished as of 10 minutes ago, definitely get a good nights rest and if you’re travelling leave the day before you were thinking. It sucks paying more to stay somewhere but holy smokes that’s not necessarily the hardest test, but it’s a long day. The first half blew by and while I had my ups and downs, it felt okay. The second portion, well that’s another story.

Maybe you’ll have better luck, maybe not, heck I read everyone feels like they did bad/failed and after completing the whole day I see why. Just keep your composure and when you know you nailed something, even one answer or one part of something, just use it as a confidence booster to get momentum back.

I also just graduated and studying definitely was wanted but you really can’t study and if you do, you’re 100% cheating. Maybe not cheating but once you take the test you’d know what I mean. They give you plenty of practice.

The biggest takeaway, READ READ READ AND TAKE YOUR TIME. I didn’t miss anything but you know when you see someone finish and you’re like “shoot I’m an idiot?” Well it doesn’t matter and honestly I read one of the passages over and over until I got it “right.” Even then I messed up the first practice run but then I got the hang of it. If I somehow pull this one out, I definitely did it because I kept reading until I was like “I just have to try this.”

Hopefully I’ll see whomever whenever at the next phase!
I really thought the first part of the test was harder and DART/multi pass was the easiet and fun to do. Although i probably bombed the audio portion of multipass the "sequences" were so hard to follow and of course the dreaded cube folding questions.

Most ppl in my group said similar where no on realky knew how well they did (me either).

At least I get to find out relatively soon since our tests were earlier then yours.

Also I agree no way to prep for it really and after writing the test I now know why people wont share info on the test.
Yep, it was pretty straight forward. DART wasn’t as bad once I got past the first practice scenario, I had to have read the instructions 10 time’s to get it and even then it took real time practice but I did fine there (I think). I found multipass was difficult, notably the audio portion.

I think for Gander they said the turnaround is actually going to be the quickest of anywhere, they finish testing Monday and are looking to notify people in 2-3 weeks (in March) to get them out for Bootcamp in April. The question is, I’m not sure where my file is because HR said they moved it to Gander, but that was for assessments and the HR person yesterday mentioned that those dates were for people who would be hired in Gander. Where do I fit in that? Who knows.
---------- ADS -----------
  

levinqute
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:23 am

Re: FEAST Questions

Post by levinqute » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:07 am

Thats a question for NAVCAN but I think you end up in whatever FIR you tested for. Dont quote me on that.

Same timeline for us (YYZ) ours finished ln the 14th and the guy doing our tests saidnwe would find out end of Feb to early March for boot camp in April offers before May.

Good luck!
---------- ADS -----------
  

Post Reply

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”