Timing Out

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

stormymonday
Rank 2
Rank 2

Timing Out

Post by stormymonday »

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to ask; does timing out (18 months from passing initial online assessment) while waiting for an invitation to an assessment happen more often than not? Is there chance of actually being invited in-person super slim?

Although I'm some time from timing out, the thought of it is so defeating! I feel like, I've passed thus far, let me continue until I meet my own demise, not because of some time limit; you know? Having the opportunity to be assessed, and not succeed would be far better than sitting around knowing that I potentially have what it take for the next step, but never given the opportunity to try. And there's nothing I can do about it.

Just a little frustration rant today! Happy Monday.

S
---------- ADS -----------

Planes1344
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Timing Out

Post by Planes1344 »

In my understanding after each step everyone involved is ranked with some sort of score and then they take from top to bottom for the amount of seats that need to be filled in whatever the next step is. Whoever isn't selected stays in that pool to wait(With there "score") then when the next round of testing is complete everyone In the step before you gets added to your pool with the same ranking system and they fill the seats again from top to bottom with everyone else moving into the same pool as before. so if you are in that waiting period what really matters is the score of the people coming in behind you.

I think timing out can be a real possibility my knowledge is just from asking questions while going throw the process.

stormymonday
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by stormymonday »

ya, I totally get it! One just has to hope that they're not in "last place" in the pool I guess! LOL

moosetracks
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by moosetracks »

I'm in YEG and honestly thought that if you made it past bootcamp would have a halfway decent shot at getting a spot on a course. From my bootcamp only half passed and were "eligible for offer" and of those 5 only 2 got offered spots. So the other three of us are still sitting on "eligible for offer" and are in the pool of candidates. So basically even if you make it all the way through the interview process successfully you're still not guaranteed a shot at a course...

There were 3 bootcamps so maybe 2-3 from each got offers and presumably they drew from the pool for the others. There is no way of knowing and I suppose we could all get offers in 6 months if the next round of interviewees isn't strong but who knows. I was initially under the impression that about the same number of people they needed passed the interview and the "final pool" would be more or less those offered standby spots, but it seems as though this pool has plenty of extras as well.

stormymonday
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by stormymonday »

moosetracks wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:30 pm I'm in YEG and honestly thought that if you made it past bootcamp would have a halfway decent shot at getting a spot on a course. From my bootcamp only half passed and were "eligible for offer" and of those 5 only 2 got offered spots. So the other three of us are still sitting on "eligible for offer" and are in the pool of candidates. So basically even if you make it all the way through the interview process successfully you're still not guaranteed a shot at a course...

There were 3 bootcamps so maybe 2-3 from each got offers and presumably they drew from the pool for the others. There is no way of knowing and I suppose we could all get offers in 6 months if the next round of interviewees isn't strong but who knows. I was initially under the impression that about the same number of people they needed passed the interview and the "final pool" would be more or less those offered standby spots, but it seems as though this pool has plenty of extras as well.
which is pretty nuts!! I couldn't imagine getting all the way through, sitting on "eligible for offer" and timing out from there...

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”