ATC in-person assessments

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

chrisATC
Rank 0
Rank 0

ATC in-person assessments

Post by chrisATC »

Hi guys,

As we all know Covid hit the aviation industry hard and Air Canada is announcing huge layoffs, will this sudden and prolonged impact on the aviation industry have an effect on the new applicants to be hired? For example, will feast even be held this year? Air traffic is on the steady rise but eventually the air traffic will be back to normal, will Nav Can keep this in mind and still keep the hiring stages of the company open as they were prior to the pandemic but with certain social distancing measures?

I hope the assessments are still being held this year.

Best,

Chris
---------- ADS -----------

wordstwice
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: ATC in-person assessments

Post by wordstwice »

There is a freeze on hiring and Nav Canada will not be needing any new controllers for the foreseeable.

Although Nav Canada is a forward thinking company and keeps long term training needs in mind, they have more than enough people in the training system sitting at home getting paid. I doubt new applicant assessments are on the table for quite some time.

Sorry to not have a rosier answer for you.

Aguaymanto
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: ATC in-person assessments

Post by Aguaymanto »

From what I understand all of the ATCs in Canada were having a lot of OT hours. So I don't think they would want to delay training for too long after worldwide air traffic is back to almost normal levels. I'm just speculating of course but I could see them getting through the assessments they've already started once we're cleared for that type of stuff.

Maybe I'm thinking a bit optimistically and it, of course it depends on how long it takes to get close to normal, however I prefer to think like that rather than doom and gloom :). Also they did have the FEASTs in February, though the fall testings are probably off the table now.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”