Any updates on training?

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

pupelarajaka
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Any updates on training?

Post by pupelarajaka »

Braun wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:06 pm Did they specify if it was for IFR or FSS, or VFR?
ACC so IFR
---------- ADS -----------

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

pupelarajaka wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:59 pm
Braun wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:06 pm Did they specify if it was for IFR or FSS, or VFR?
ACC so IFR
Yup, thanks. I work in the ACC. Apparently it is easier to get information on Avcanada than at Nav. Thanks!

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

ACC so IFR
Yup, thanks. I work in the ACC. Apparently it is easier to get information on Avcanada than at Nav. Thanks!

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

Braun wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:55 am
ACC so IFR
Yup, thanks.

aircanada333
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by aircanada333 »

ACC so IFR
Can anyone confirm if any of the trainees have been recalled? it seems odd Nav is sending out offers to candidates but trainees haven't been recalled yet

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

aircanada333 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:19 am

ACC so IFR
Can anyone confirm if any of the trainees have been recalled? it seems odd Nav is sending out offers to candidates but trainees haven't been recalled yet
This is the info I was looking for more specifically. Was it an actual offer or just to see if the candidate was interested.

TheGooseIsLoose
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TheGooseIsLoose »

ACC so IFR
I am a former IFR trainee from the YVR region. I have not been recalled and neither have my former classmates. I cannot speak for people who were in Specialty or OJT though. No official word on courses running or start dates yet either. From what I've been reading/hearing unofficially it sounds like training is being rolled out in a regional manner so hopefully we will hear something soon.

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

TheGooseIsLoose wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:20 am

I am a former IFR trainee from the YVR region. I have not been recalled and neither have my former classmates. I cannot speak for people who were in Specialty or OJT though. No official word on courses running or start dates yet either. From what I've been reading/hearing unofficially it sounds like training is being rolled out in a regional manner so hopefully we will hear something soon.
Thanks! Unfortunately every ACC/FIR seems to be running things very differently. Hard to follow.

pupelarajaka
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pupelarajaka »

Nav told me they were hiring only for Montreal (which I assume has a smaller pool cause French). Each region is handling differently and they weren't looking to hire for another area right now.

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

pupelarajaka wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:40 pm Nav told me they were hiring only for Montreal (which I assume has a smaller pool cause French). Each region is handling differently and they weren't looking to hire for another area right now.
I work in Montreal. I am pushing to get training started but have had no updates from Nav so I was asking because of that! Thanks.

aircanada333
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by aircanada333 »

Braun wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:36 am
pupelarajaka wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:40 pm Nav told me they were hiring only for Montreal (which I assume has a smaller pool cause French). Each region is handling differently and they weren't looking to hire for another area right now.
I work in Montreal. I am pushing to get training started but have had no updates from Nav so I was asking because of that! Thanks.
Were there any trainees in Montreal when the layoffs happened? If they are sending out offers I'd assume they would have recalled the trainees as well

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

aircanada333 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:05 am
Braun wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:36 am
Were there any trainees in Montreal when the layoffs happened? If they are sending out offers I'd assume they would have recalled the trainees as well
All trainees were terminated. None have returned yet. Your last statement is exactly the problem. I am trying to understand if they sent out actual offers to people or if they just contacted individuals to see if they were interested.

wanderlust_xx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wanderlust_xx »

I'm also in the YVR region and was training IFR in Speciality training.
All I've had was a survey come from Nav, asking if I was still interested.
Haven't heard anything since. :(

pupelarajaka
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pupelarajaka »

Braun wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:36 am I work in Montreal. I am pushing to get training started but have had no updates from Nav so I was asking because of that! Thanks.
How's the staffing situation there? Short staffed?

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

pupelarajaka wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:36 am
Braun wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:36 am I work in Montreal. I am pushing to get training started but have had no updates from Nav so I was asking because of that! Thanks.
How's the staffing situation there? Short staffed?
Most units are short.

LSWDC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LSWDC »

YYZ VFR Generic Trainees were called back today. Course starts October 4th

atcthrowawayyy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atcthrowawayyy »

LSWDC wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:00 pm YYZ VFR Generic Trainees were called back today. Course starts October 4th
So, this is in-line with what others claimed. FSS first, VFR next, and finally IFR.

Top_Gun
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Top_Gun »

Going to be a VFR Generic course starting in October in YWG as well.

VFRDreamer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by VFRDreamer »

atcthrowawayyy wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:18 am
LSWDC wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:00 pm YYZ VFR Generic Trainees were called back today. Course starts October 4th
So, this is in-line with what others claimed. FSS first, VFR next, and finally IFR.
VFR was called back "officially" in the YVR region pretty much same time as FSS. Only...I was the only VFR -YVR trainee to be laid off last September. They didn't have much of a "list" for VFR trainees to call back for our region. As everyone else said, it depends on region and availability.

-VFRDreamer
TheGooseIsLoose
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TheGooseIsLoose »

VFRDreamer wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:00 pm
atcthrowawayyy wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:18 am
VFR was called back "officially" in the YVR region pretty much same time as FSS. Only...I was the only VFR -YVR trainee to be laid off last September. They didn't have much of a "list" for VFR trainees to call back for our region. As everyone else said, it depends on region and availability.
There were at least 3 more Generic VFR trainees in the YVR region who were laid off and haven't been called back. They were in a weird position where they were employees and doing some online self study but their official in-person course start date was supposed to be in October, a few weeks after termination.

Hopefully this means that they will get a call soon.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”