CARs Amendments re Drones Effective June 1, 2019

Forum created to promote discussion of UAS and drones.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Raymond Hall
Rank 7
Rank 7

CARs Amendments re Drones Effective June 1, 2019

Post by Raymond Hall »

New regulations came into effect on June 1st regarding all drones in excess of 250 grams. Registration of the aircraft required ($10) and a Certificate required to operate them. Two levels of Certificate, Basic and Advanced. Basic requires only an on-line exam. Advanced required a different exam plus a flight review (pass mark 80%). Advanced Certificate is required for any operation in controlled airspace. Additional requirements for controlled airspace (Class C) include prior permission from ATS and restrictions on the types of drones.

The regs are a complete re-write of the prior, sparse regs, providing both more restrictions, and in certain cases, more liberties, including the ability to fly closer to and over persons.

https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/aviati ... rones.html
---------- ADS -----------

LV2FLY2
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: CARs Amendments re Drones Effective June 1, 2019

Post by LV2FLY2 »

As a retired TC Inspector and recreational drone enthusiasts. I think TC has gone overboard. Much like TC did regarding ultra-light aeroplanes. When I was in the apartment this sort of thing was called "empire building". My Phantom 4 has built in systems that will not allow it to start the motors in controlled or restricted airspace. I've tested it out myself at the Red Deer Airport and it works quite well.

I have no intention of playing along with anything TC implements regarding recreational drones. I will continue to fly responsibly in remote locations.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Drones & UAS”