CDC release study on masks during covid. Efficacy is 0.5-1.9 percent.

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: CDC release study on masks during covid. Efficacy is 0.5-1.9 percent.

Post by ReserveTank »

sstaurus wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:49 am
Aviatard wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:35 pm
ReserveTank wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:04 am Masking is not about science. It's about control, coercion,
Who is controlling us? Are they in the room right now? Can you see them?
As he types on his iphone which is on 24/7, "researching" on google, using quotation marks around "so-called" "experts"...
Here, you take a crack at the research. Which one of these guys is the vaccine expert again?

---------- ADS -----------

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

ReserveTank wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:49 am
Aviatard wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:35 pm
Who is controlling us? Are they in the room right now? Can you see them?
As he types on his iphone which is on 24/7, "researching" on google, using quotation marks around "so-called" "experts"...
Here, you take a crack at the research. Which one of these guys is the vaccine expert again?

Let’s Go Brandon
ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Inverted2 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:40 am
ReserveTank wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:49 am

They are standing considerably closer than 6 feet apart. Not something that an expert would recommend, pandemic or no.

palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by palebird »

At what point in time did people decide that the government(s) were all knowing and 100% percent trustworthy? They are only people and are as trustworthy as anyone else walking down the street. Which means they are not with very few exceptions. Lots of people have time on their hands. Read a little history. It repeats itself. Common sense conclusion. I surely hope that everyone understands "masks" that are not N95 type are doing nothing. A piece of cloth or fabric loosely or tightly fitted around your face does nothing except make you look stupid. That is a fact. Dispute it all you want. You are a fool. Does Covid 19 exist? Apparently. Are there treatments that are effective? Apparently. But the governments have done everything in their power to discredit these treatments. Whatever. What happened to the annual flu season? Did it magically disappear? Or was it so artfully disguised as Covid? Hmmm. What about these so called vaccines? They are, in fact, not vaccines as we have known them. They are mRNA concoctions that are being clinically trialed on the general population. Never been done before. Look it up. There is no way myself or anyone close to me is getting one of those shots. You must be out of your mind. Time will tell but mRNA is not something to be fooled with. Who in their right mind would listen to a "public health official"? About anything? The crowd is indeed dumb.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

palebird wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:14 pm I surely hope that everyone understands "masks" that are not N95 type are doing nothing. A piece of cloth or fabric loosely or tightly fitted around your face does nothing except make you look stupid. That is a fact. Dispute it all you want. You are a fool.
I've wondered what would happen if surgeons started to wear neck gaiters.

I think the rulemakers are well aware that certain (protected) demographics wouldn't easily comply with such a strict requirement, but they still needed some kind of compliance. In other words, the bar was lowered because the point was to cover the face, not necessarily to prevent viral transmission.

Imagine it's early summer 2020, and everyone is required to have K95 only. How many people would have been crowding in the streets if K95 was required?

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

People are in denial about how dumb mask policy is.

Texas went maskless at the beginning of March. Canada has hit the same number of doses per capita as what the US had on March 1, by mid April.

We are about a month behind the US in immunization but years behind on policy. We see no link to efficacy when we compare cases and the media keeps pushing garbage out. One of the latest media articles was about a TTC employee who passed and they highlighted how over 1k employees with the TTC got covid. At first glance you think wow transit is so unsafe and they must not be doing enough... then you do the math and TTC employees have the same rate of covid infection as the general Toronto population.

You don’t say! It’s almost like it’s all smoke and mirrors! Wear a mask, don’t wear a mask, lockdown, don’t lockdown, same results.

Let me guess, if I wait two more weeks Texas will finally blow up with covid cases right? :lol:
CAA9C9DD-1309-44E0-B612-EA4AC6370E46.jpeg
CAA9C9DD-1309-44E0-B612-EA4AC6370E46.jpeg (145.15 KiB) Viewed 1505 times
D0D83431-B456-47BF-8C97-05906A58F5C7.jpeg
D0D83431-B456-47BF-8C97-05906A58F5C7.jpeg (287.42 KiB) Viewed 1505 times

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Nothing like watching 550 fully vaccinated healthcare workers wearing masks cheering on the Toronto maple laughs about to lose game 7. What is the message we are sending... well firstly... doug was nice enough to allow these people to go to the game. I hope I can get on his good list because I hope some day he extends the welcome to me. Secondly, Doug knows better than the CDC... masks are needed even with vaccines. Thirdly, even with a vaccine, Doug has extended emergency orders until December. The pandemic has been working out pretty good for him so another 6 months should really boost his sticker biz before we open up.

Those fans look ridiculous with masks. Good job dougie! Lay down the law!
ADC0A2FF-ABD0-4CAA-9059-921599CA6672.jpeg
ADC0A2FF-ABD0-4CAA-9059-921599CA6672.jpeg (494.8 KiB) Viewed 1374 times

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Then you watch a US hockey or baseball game. Full house, no face diapers. Life has pretty much gotten back to normal there. Meanwhile in Ontario you still can’t go into Home Depot here or enjoy a meal and a beverage on a patio.

Let’s Go Brandon
RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

We're far more "communist leaning" here. Canadians love to be under the iron fist of a "nanny state".

"We have your backs". Everything will be OK. JUST DO AS YOUR TOLD OR PUNISHMENT WILL ENSUE.

Americans have also acknowleged that Covid will now be with them forever, as is the seasonal flu, common cold, ect. They are chosing to manage it as a "life risk factor" rather than trying to eradicate it like Terry Tam claims we need to do. Eradicate it at what cost??? 75% of Canadians with two doses is absolutely not possible. Apparently things won't go back to normal till we get there, so don't hold your breath. For the record, not a single country over 5m is even close to 75% with two doses....not even Israel.

The crazy commies in Ottawa will continue to run this asylum....right into the dirt. Get me outta here.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

lecce.jpg
lecce.jpg (123.22 KiB) Viewed 1289 times
That was two months ago.
2iex9fj9lo271.jpg
2iex9fj9lo271.jpg (80.79 KiB) Viewed 1289 times
:lol: 70 percent of adults have one vaccine dose, and its still not safe to open up schools. :lol:

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

Let's see why masks ARE effective: https://youtu.be/qDeP7-rUZmo?t=376

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:18 pm Let's see why masks ARE effective: https://youtu.be/qDeP7-rUZmo?t=376
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ok rockie... nice new account you created! Just read the comments from the video and see how your idiotic cult mask following is flawed.

Last edited by montado on Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

montado wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:45 pm
notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:18 pm Let's see why masks ARE effective: https://youtu.be/qDeP7-rUZmo?t=376

ok rockie... nice new account you created!
Don't know who that is, but sure.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:49 pm

Ask yourself is the goal of the mask to stop spray on a dish in a lab, or is the goal of the mask to stop the spread of covid between people? Now show me the study that shows the latter.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

montado wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:57 pm
notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:49 pm

Ask yourself is the goal of the mask to stop spray on a dish in a lab, or is the goal of the mask to stop the spread of covid between people? Now show me the study that shows the latter.
A recent study published in Health Affairs, for example, compared the COVID-19 growth rate before and after mask mandates in 15 states and the District of Columbia. It found that mask mandates led to a slowdown in daily COVID-19 growth rate, which became more apparent over time. The first five days after a mandate, the daily growth rate slowed by 0.9 percentage-points compared to the five days prior to the mandate; at three weeks, the daily growth rate had slowed by 2 percentage-points.

Another study looked at coronavirus deaths across 198 countries and found that those with cultural norms or government policies favoring mask-wearing had lower death rates.
https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41790 ... ks-prevent

It's okay, I know that you're just looking for an excuse to make yourself feel better about not wearing a mask during the middle of a pandemic.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:59 pm It's okay, I know that you're just looking for an excuse to make yourself feel better about not wearing a mask during the middle of a pandemic.
Here is years of science explained in a short video. Mass Hysteria is why people demanded masks. Politicians jumped on it because it kept people working. Wearing a mask was dumb, but its completely idiotic that asymptomatic vaccinated people are still wearing them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_edxN5kkBtc

Edit, actually I take that back... wearing a mask is not dumb, but having a blanket mask policy for all people pretending we are all sick is dumb. The policy itself is dumb. Wearing a mask in certain circumstances does make sense. Pretty much as tam had explained. Im happy for anyone who wants to wear a mask to do so, I'm tired of idiotic policy.

OneYonge
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by OneYonge »

She was not the only anti-masker science expert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUHsEmlIoE4

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

So unless covid is some mythical virus that spreads way differently than influenza, mask policy masks zero sense? That's what I take from the experts...

Unfortunately in today's world, mass hysteria becomes "science". Fear is not science... just because you want to feel safe doesn't mean mask all of a sudden stop a virus when we knew for decades with influenza that masks for all would not be effective. Wash your hands like you did for the flu. wear a mask if you have a cough, and keep away from people. And if you are fully vaccinated go back to normal!

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Masks are effective. They are even effective with the flu.

The measures put into place, including mask mandates, have reduced reported flu deaths by 98%!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea ... 127197001/

The arguments I hear against masks pull from outdated information, such as Tam suggesting people not wear N95 masks. The argument is made that because they originally suggested against it, that it cannot be effective, but context is always conveniently left out. N95 masks were in short supply. Health care workers were in more immediate need of N95 masks due to working with patients on a daily basis, so the priority was to make sure health care workers got the masks they need and not the toilet paper hoarding population.

OneYonge
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by OneYonge »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:38 pm
The argument is made that because they originally suggested against it, that it cannot be effective, but context is always conveniently left out. N95 masks were in short supply. Health care workers were in more immediate need of N95 masks due to working with patients on a daily basis, so the priority was to make sure health care workers got the masks they need and not the toilet paper hoarding population.
If "Short supply" is a reason to discourage hoarding...it isn't a reason to then say that masks are not effective. Your "context" doesn't justify what they said.

Are you really using the "outdated" excuse when Fauci clearly knows about the other countries that have been wearing masks for years? So these "experts" were so wrong when everyone else has been right for many years?

Return to “Covid”