CDC release study on masks during covid. Efficacy is 0.5-1.9 percent.

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: CDC release study on masks during covid. Efficacy is 0.5-1.9 percent.

Post by the-minister31 »

'97 Tercel wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:16 pm Image

^ which headset should I get?
Between those, DC !
---------- ADS -----------

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

montado wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:33 pm
notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:38 pm Masks are effective. They are even effective with the flu.

The measures put into place, including mask mandates, have reduced reported flu deaths by 98%!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea ... 127197001/

The arguments I hear against masks pull from outdated information, such as Tam suggesting people not wear N95 masks. The argument is made that because they originally suggested against it, that it cannot be effective, but context is always conveniently left out. N95 masks were in short supply. Health care workers were in more immediate need of N95 masks due to working with patients on a daily basis, so the priority was to make sure health care workers got the masks they need and not the toilet paper hoarding population.

So wait, masks are 98 percent effective at stopping the spread of the flu, and cdc says mask policy stops 1.9 percent of covid cases after 3 months? Do you see a disconnect?

So I take it you will wear a mask from now on every flu season? Save lives?
Maybe we should. Maybe I will. What do you care?

Last edited by rookiepilot on Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

The point of mask policy is not to control disease, but to provide an effective method which creates general uneasiness. Masks have historically been used as objects of torture, subjugation, and marital and religious dominance.

See, it doesn't matter if you're vaxxed or unvaxxed, a pro-masker or an anti-masker. It doesn't matter how much it does or doesn't make sense to you. It's all about wearing the mask. You will wear the mask where and when they say you have to, or you face consequences, including being unable to obtain food. You will adhere to their policies which change by the day. It's a good way to keep you hanging on to your screen.

The best part is the greasy psychological techniques the media uses, especially blaming your unvaxxed or anti-mask neighbour for the "spread of new variants." The media reports the vax as effective against new variants but then says that unvaxxed are giving vaxxed people the new variants. In any case, the vaxxed must wear a mask again, even though the vax is reported as effective, and the policies will be tightening again just in time for what used to be known as flu season. To believe all this contradiction takes a religious-extremist level of belief.

Anyways, on the airport TV, CNN is interviewing a "24 year old double-lung-transplant-because-of-covid-survivor." This acting is sub b-movie quality. You're not going to be giving a maskless interview and talking (with that fake calling out of work sick voice) after your pulmonary system has just been torn out and replaced. Go watch it. See the left's minions shilling the vax to the demographic that they cannot reach but absolutely hate the most.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

:smt015

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

CpnCrunch wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:27 pm:smt015
I noticed that your smiley isn't wearing its mask.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

ReserveTank wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:09 pm The point of mask policy is not to control disease, but to provide an effective method which creates general uneasiness. Masks have historically been used as objects of torture, subjugation, and marital and religious dominance.
Yes, it's also used to prevent the spread of disease (google "Why do surgeons wear masks"), have childish fun, and have some adult fun.

Ever watch 50 Shades of Grey?

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Do I understand this properly.

CDC new mask guidance is that even the vaccinated need to wear a mask (they have backtracked from information a month ago). They say being vaccinated doesn't protect other people (so all those going on about vaccines should be mandatory to protect everyone else, this is no longer the case?). Viral loads in the vaccinated can be just as high and can spread to anyone else, but the vaccine still protects you and you are likely to have less severe symptoms (also different that what we were hearing a month ago).

The science didn't changed, the virus changed. (is Fauci making excuses? is this really because Delta or were they just wrong from the beginning?)
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/28/health/u ... index.html

Vaccinations are still the 'bedrock' of ending the pandemic
While masking up will help reduce the spread of Covid-19 in the US, getting vaccinated is still "the bedrock" to ending the pandemic, Murthy said.
"Vaccines still work. They still save lives. They still prevent hospitalizations at a remarkably high rate," he added.

Thoughts everyone. Maybe we need more lockdowns. Should we shut down air travel? Fauci says something something about delta having 1000x more of something than Alpha.

Not sure what to make of all this. I wish I could go back to a year ago when my mother said "if we all wear masks for two weeks covid will be over"... I should have wore my masks for those two weeks damit!

Dr. De Villa: "Breakthrough infections are not common. We hear about them a lot, because they are unusual. A person with breakthrough infection almost never gets seriously sick. When they do, there's often other health problems involved."- Interesting enough, when unvaccinated people get sick there's often other health problems involved.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

montado wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:36 am
Thoughts everyone. Maybe we need more lockdowns. Should we shut down air travel? Fauci says something something about delta having 1000x more of something than Alpha.

Not sure what to make of all this. I wish I could go back to a year ago when my mother said "if we all wear masks for two weeks covid will be over"... I should have wore my masks for those two weeks damit!
I think we should have never allowed virus engineering, especially in a foreign country to which we have bequeathed the majority of our industry. OTOH, I don't remember getting to vote for or against it either.

Everything is getting shut down no matter what. The "variants," which coincide with cold and flu season, are simply tales to agitate the public and promote infighting.
They have been overreporting vaxxed numbers in an attempt to get people on the bandwagon. It's a good rhetorical technique, but there's a steep dropping-off point that we have reached.
That's why they are resorting to increasingly coercive measures, such as proposing to force workers to vax and door-to-door reporting of the unvaxxed.
They DON'T have nearly the vax rate that they say, and they are moving it into overdrive. This includes more ridiculous contradiction of mask policy and contradiction of "Vax ScIeNcE." The vax protects you from Delta but it doesn't, and you need to wear a mask even if vaxxed, because the unvaxxed are giving Delta to the vaxxed.
Not only is this absurd on its face, it's an outright contradiction of the knowledge of how viruses spread.
Only the religious could beleive it.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

Your Indian/Delta variant is just that, a variant. What everybody (sane enough) Would like to do is blocking all variants currently out before something worst pops out.

Worst as beating vaccination for example.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

This doctor cracks me up. Apparently we have so many unknowns… I can’t tell if he believes vaccines work or not… oh yes and long term disability… :rolleyes: he doesn’t sound like an expert, more just like an angry citizen living to many months in covid times. Since when did he ever believe government makes decisions based on health. Has their ever been a time? You don’t have to look to hard at government to see… things like dairy in the food guide, that was never about nutrition, it was about being lobbied by the farmers. Lol

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

https://uwaterloo.ca/news/media/study-s ... b-covid-19

Common masks only filter 10 percent of aerosols. No shit…

Anthony Fauci keeps doubling down on cloth masks. Even if you are vaccinated, and everyone around you is vaccinated, you should wear a cloth mask so that 90 percent of your aerosols go into the air anyways!

Here is an example of an individual wearing a mask where I can confirm 90 percent of the covid is spraying our everywhere. It’s cloth, it doesn’t fit right, I can basically see his whole nose. :lol:. This mask is not stopping covid that’s for sure.

Science!
E89B4B3A-E929-4C04-86D5-8F7FF2087B8C.jpeg
E89B4B3A-E929-4C04-86D5-8F7FF2087B8C.jpeg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 2621 times

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/21/us/no-ma ... index.html

Masking stupidity continues. A family goes out to eat and chooses to wear a mask to protect their child. Well that’s stupid, do these parents wear masks at home also to protect their child? If your kid is at risk why are you taking them out if the risk is to high. Do parents really think if they wear a mask it protects their infant child at a restaurant? Equally as stupid the business owner has a no mask policy. I seem to understand the owners policy a little better than trying to understand the couple trying to protect their child. But all around lots of dumb dumb going on still. The parents are probably vaccinated and still playing the mask game. How delusional people are.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

You’re not that naive. The parents were trying to score points by generating publicity against the “no mask” mandate, and the restaurant manager obliged them.
He's tired of being told what to do by, you know, politics in the country, and so you're going to need to take the mask off," Wester said.
So he fixes being tired of being told what to do, by telling other people what to do. What a stupid @#$!.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

montado wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:04 am https://uwaterloo.ca/news/media/study-s ... b-covid-19

So the 1.5 percent you’ve been bleating on about was bullshit.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Aviatard wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:14 am
montado wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:04 am https://uwaterloo.ca/news/media/study-s ... b-covid-19

So the 1.5 percent you’ve been bleating on about was bullshit.
Well depends how you want to define mask efficacy. Fitting 10 percent of aerosols might equal preventing zero cases of covid.

Would you sit next to someone on a bus if you knew they had a disease that spreads my aerosols and the mask they wear only filters 10 percent of it? Sounds like pretty much a guarantee you will catch what they have.

When I say masks are not effective I’m talking about the policy as a whole having very little effect on reducing cases. A more targeted approach with more effective masks and not cloth masks makes way more sense to me. Also telling vaccinated people to mask I think is a huge mistake. I mean this has been going on for nearly two years and it’s very hard to find any correlation between mask efficacy. When Texas dropped mask policy cases continued to drop for months. Masks can be effective. But telling everyone to wear a cloth mask all the time is not targeted and doesn’t make sense. It’s like telling everyone to wear a bike helmet all the time even when not riding, and use a helmet with the wrong fit and that meets no standard of efficacy.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

montado wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:36 am Would you sit next to someone on a bus if you knew they had a disease that spreads my aerosols and the mask they wear only filters 10 percent of it? Sounds like pretty much a guarantee you will catch what they have.
You’re asking the wrong question. Of course, if you knew the person you were sitting next to had COVID, you’d do something more appropriate than putting a mask on them (and you). But that’s not the situation.

The appropriate situation and question is, if you know you’re going to have to sit in the same bus as a whole bunch of people, even right next to some, and one or more of them (including you yourself) may have a disease that spreads by aerosol but you don’t know which of them or how many, would you want all of them to wear a mask?

And the answer, of course, is you bet, absolutely. Everyone on the bus should wear a mask.

It’s like the difference between medicine and public health, and between the etiology of a disease and its epidemiology. One is about specific cases and the other is about populations. It’s an important distinction.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Half the time people don’t have them over their nose anyway. A friend of mine cuts the inside layer out of his. He calls it “going commando” :lol:

I still see retards driving in cars by themselves wearing masks on a daily basis.

Let’s Go Brandon
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

And the answer, of course, is you bet, absolutely. Everyone on the bus should wear a mask.

So if I understand you correctly we have done this wrong all along. We should have had mandatory mask policy every flu season as we should always anticipate people could be carrying contagious virus all the time?

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

I couldn’t (and explicitly don’t) say if we’ve being doing this wrong the whole time; a lot of people think lockdowns and COVID measures should have been a lot more severe and started a lot earlier, so perhaps we have been doing this wrong, yes.

Your (repeated, almost incessant) comparison with influenza, which very few people would accept as accurate or relevant, don’t change what is or isn’t right about this disease.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

photofly wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:54 am I couldn’t (and explicitly don’t) say if we’ve being doing this wrong the whole time; a lot of people think lockdowns and COVID measures should have been a lot more severe and started a lot earlier, so perhaps we have been doing this wrong, yes.

Your (repeated, almost incessant) comparison with influenza, which very few people would accept as accurate or relevant, don’t change what is or isn’t right about this disease.
You said this answer is yes absolutely we should wear masks. I certainly don't know how you arrived at that as the obvious answer. We should just assume everyone is sick. Forget influenza, there could be other viruses that come out... We should be wearing masks now in case a new virus comes out. If you think asymptomatic people should wear masks all the time... Why not for the flu, why not preemptive in case a new virus comes out? Why is it not just forever policy?

I see asymptomatic mask wearing as kind of a joke policy because we know it's not highly effective. People rationalize it as it's so easy to do. Even if masks don't really work its no harm to wear a mask right? So why is it just not policy forever? Why don't we have mandatory masks today, so if in 5 years another pandemic happens we will already have masks in place and of course a new pandemic will never happen right? No one is having cold and flu because masks are stopping that right?

My point is mask policy does very little to mitigate risks. So why Dont we just stay consistent with the looney toons and call mask policy a permanent thing. We could mitigate the risks or all these unknown and potential transmission that might or might not happen otherwise.

We can then apply science to this. We can say we wore masks all of 2021 and that's why a second pandemic didn't happen. That's science and facts. Because if we didn't wear masks we would all probably die. And then we can convince everyone we should just always wear masks.

Return to “Covid”