Canada on track to surpass U.S. in number of COVID cases relative to population

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Canada on track to surpass U.S. in number of COVID cases relative to population

Post by Dh8Classic »

CpnCrunch wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:50 am And it's finally here...the antivaxxers coming out of the closet with their conspiracy theories.
It is no conspiracy theory that China has admitted that their vaccines are not as affective. It sure would have been nice if our PM had been doing his job last May and June and been gotten secure supplies from a variety of manufacturers instead of spending so much time concerned about a UN seat.

Now, hundreds of Canadians per week are unnecessarily dying, thousands will have long Covid, large numbers of businesses will go bankrupt that would have survived and your taxes will go up even more to pay for it.

And some will, continue to make excuses.

Get your vaccine. I support it. Unfortunately, so many of us can't get one, thanks to our incompetent government.

JUST not ready to be PM was the exact right term for an actor who's most memorable accomplishment in the field is his blackface videos.
---------- ADS -----------

Human Factor
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Canada on track to surpass U.S. in number of COVID cases relative to population

Post by Human Factor »

Anti-vaxxer.... conspiracy theorist... you may as well call everyone a racist. These words have all been thrown around so much lately that they've lost all meaning.

Will fix airplanes for food.
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Human Factor wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:22 pm Anti-vaxxer.... conspiracy theorist... you may as well call everyone a racist. These words have all been thrown around so much lately that they've lost all meaning.
You're the one using some ragged ass blog to try and discredit the science behind vaccines. Anyway, I'm happy...it means I get my vaccine sooner (going to book it on Friday). Thx.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

The Hospitals in Germany are facing challenges ;

https://www.dw.com/en/covid-situation-i ... a-57209199

Not one country is suffering alone in this global outbreak .

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

CpnCrunch wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:50 pm
Human Factor wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:22 pm Anti-vaxxer.... conspiracy theorist... you may as well call everyone a racist. These words have all been thrown around so much lately that they've lost all meaning.
You're the one using some ragged ass blog to try and discredit the science behind vaccines. Anyway, I'm happy...it means I get my vaccine sooner (going to book it on Friday). Thx.
Got my first AZ needle last week and second shot is scheduled for June, very great full that I was given this opportunity. No side effects noted to date, thankfully. In my view all levels of Government, Federal, Provincial and Municipal are doing the best they can under this very fluid situation that has hit their respective areas in different ways.

Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dh8Classic »

CpnCrunch wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:41 am Things are going very well, at least here in BC:
Just read that they are starting to cancel surgeries in B.C.

Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dh8Classic »

"COVID-19 has been the government’s most critical challenge. It responded with gross incompetence. In January 2020, the Chinese government strictly confined 60 million people in Hubei province, but allowed flights to foreign cities. Yet Canada’s chief public health officer, Dr. Theresa Tam, opposed a ban on travellers from Wuhan, the pandemic’s epicentre, thus demonstrating a phenomenon I have long observed: IQ and common sense are independent variables. Prime Minister Trudeau either relied on her flawed advice or feared upsetting Beijing. Regardless, overseas flights have had fatal consequences.

Canada is now a humiliating and dangerous 80th in the world for full vaccinations per capita, largely because the government pursued a doomed development deal with China’s CanSino Biologics, with no backup from major pharmaceutical companies. The late delivery of vaccines is causing thousands of unnecessary hospitalizations, deaths and business closures.

Ten million Canadians are waiting four months for their second shots, the only people in the world with so long a delay. According to a recent U.K. study, the effectiveness of one dose is “very, very feeble” against variants. Canadians are guinea pigs in a national medical experiment designed to compensate for disastrous procurement management. Government rolled the dice and some people have died. The policy needs urgent reevaluation in the light of new health data."

I wonder how long the supporters of this government will look the other way at all the deaths and long covid sufferers. As long as the government keeps up their taxpayer income perhaps? Its amazing how that can affect support for a party.

Return to “Covid”