My god is this journalism? Colin D’Mello CTV

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

My god is this journalism? Colin D’Mello CTV

Post by montado »

Colin D’Mello from CTV questions Doug Ford. Starts at 8:10

https://youtu.be/nA3LIchTekQ#t=8m10s

What a POS this guy is. Asking how Doug has the “moral authority to lead” through this pandemic. He also says the NDP says he has “blood on his hands”. “So and so says this about you...how does that make you feel?”

Like what kind of journalism is this? If we look at numbers alone, on a per capita basis are we worse off than any other Canadian province outside the Atlantic bubble? What gives him the moral authority to lead through this pandemic Colin? Well, you idiot, he is the elected official chosen through a democratic process. Honestly CTV should fire this idiot for the snarky sarcastic questioning.

I have been very critical of our government for many reasons, usually over inconsistent messages and unscientific policies. But let me be clear, Ford is doing his best. This guy seems to have a huge heart almost to a flaw. He is trying to keep everyone happy. Then this dick head comes on the air and has the audacity to be so disrespectful.
---------- ADS -----------

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: My god is this journalism? Colin D’Mello CTV

Post by Yycjetdriver »

montado wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:27 pm Colin D’Mello from CTV questions Doug Ford. Starts at 8:10

https://youtu.be/nA3LIchTekQ#t=8m10s

What a POS this guy is. Asking how Doug has the “moral authority to lead” through this pandemic. He also says the NDP says he has “blood on his hands”. “So and so says this about you...how does that make you feel?”

Like what kind of journalism is this? If we look at numbers alone, on a per capita basis are we worse off than any other Canadian province outside the Atlantic bubble? What gives him the moral authority to lead through this pandemic Colin? Well, you idiot, he is the elected official chosen through a democratic process. Honestly CTV should fire this idiot for the snarky sarcastic questioning.

I have been very critical of our government for many reasons, usually over inconsistent messages and unscientific policies. But let me be clear, Ford is doing his best. This guy seems to have a huge heart almost to a flaw. He is trying to keep everyone happy. Then this dick head comes on the air and has the audacity to be so disrespectful.
Any relation to the YouTube sensation “Captain” Keith?

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

Nah, I'm glad someone has the guts to say something. Sure his wording was a bit much and could have been different said but you guys get mad when politicians aren't held responsible, and now that one asks that hard questions its too much?

Also lol to Doug having a good heart and trying his best.. while trying to (pre covid) cut budgets to health care, education, and now against any sort of paid sick leave. BUT YEAH hes a real bleeding heart.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

flyingcanuck wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:32 pm Nah, I'm glad someone has the guts to say something. Sure his wording was a bit much and could have been different said but you guys get mad when politicians aren't held responsible, and now that one asks that hard questions its too much?

Also lol to Doug having a good heart and trying his best.. while trying to (pre covid) cut budgets to health care, education, and now against any sort of paid sick leave. BUT YEAH hes a real bleeding heart.
Is this really asking tough questions or is it just a way colin wants to smear Doug?

How is it tough question if a journalist is like "hey man I was on reddit and this poster was like Doug Ford should step down... So Doug... How do you have the moral authority to lead?"

That's not a tough question. It's not even a real question. It was smear followed by a simple question and the simple answer is he has the authority to lead because he was elected through a democratic process. Then he goes on about blood on his hands. Okay dmello can you show me a break down of every province and state in north America for a comparison so we can try to understand "blood on your hands" because I think Ontario actually has some of the lowest deaths per capita in North America.

Colin has a hard on to get Ford out of office. This is clearly his agenda. He is not asking tough questions at all, he would love to see Ford out of office because he is partisan and he could report of it and his Twitter feed would blow up with likes and his reddit karma would be through the roof.

Edit. If deaths are the only metric. Per capita Ontario has way less deaths than Quebec, less than Manitoba... Not far off from Alberta. It's not like Ontario stands out as some anomaly of poor leadership worthy of blood on your hands type comment. @#$! this guy. This is not journalism. What are you glad about? Partisan bullshit reporting? Of course politicians need to be held accountable. Holding them accountable is through real journalism not through bullshit questioning and slandering the leader in a very disrespectful way.

Last edited by montado on Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

Where's your evidence that D'Mello is partisan? He's asking disrespectful questions of a politician? Not living in Ontairy-airy-oh, I don't really have a dog in this fight, but from the left coast, Ford seems to be doing as good a job as any other politician - trying, with marginal success, to walk a very fine line between what the medical people would have us do, and the very real demands of a functioning economy..

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

From what I've seen too many times of media behaviour, I'd have to agree.

The best is the "60 minutes" type stuff they all do, quoting people out of context with heavily edited material from interviews, all in the name of sensationalism.

60 minutes just got caught doing this -- arguably lying about their segment about the Florida governor. When challenged by other media, their response was "no comment".

Cowardly, can take shots and criticism at others, but immune from hearing it about themselves.

That's the media to me, in a nutshell.

All about ratings. Nothing else. Integrity is history.

Ford, none of them are perfect-- but who of us would want their job now?

Never, ever trust the media. Ever.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I’ve cut watching the CTV / CBC news out of my life completely. Now I just surf the news with my morning coffee and read what I want. I don’t need to be told to live in fear with 24/7 COVID propaganda. Life’s too short for that. It’s brainwashing people.

Let’s Go Brandon
RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

montado wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:27 pm What gives him the moral authority to lead through this pandemic Colin? Well, you idiot, he is the elected official chosen through a democratic process.
That gives him legal and constitutional authority to lead - not moral authority. It is possible to forfeit the latter and not the former.
Inverted2 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:57 am I’ve cut watching the CTV / CBC news out of my life completely. Now I just surf the news with my morning coffee and read what I want. I don’t need to be told to live in fear with 24/7 COVID propaganda. Life’s too short for that. It’s brainwashing people.
I did that too for a while. What I found was more and more "news" articles were written from a philosophical point of view that I already agree with. I found myself in a search bubble. I point the finger at search engine and advertiser tracking, not to mention my own subconscious biases.

Now I do both. I read a liberal newspaper, listen to a conservative radio station, stay off Facebook, and otherwise try to find both points of view online. It works pretty well for me I think.

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.
fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

RedAndWhiteBaron wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:55 am
montado wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:27 pm What gives him the moral authority to lead through this pandemic Colin? Well, you idiot, he is the elected official chosen through a democratic process.
That gives him legal and constitutional authority to lead - not moral authority. It is possible to forfeit the latter and not the former.
Inverted2 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:57 am I’ve cut watching the CTV / CBC news out of my life completely. Now I just surf the news with my morning coffee and read what I want. I don’t need to be told to live in fear with 24/7 COVID propaganda. Life’s too short for that. It’s brainwashing people.
I did that too for a while. What I found was more and more "news" articles were written from a philosophical point of view that I already agree with. I found myself in a search bubble. I point the finger at search engine and advertiser tracking, not to mention my own subconscious biases.

Now I do both. I read a liberal newspaper, listen to a conservative radio station, stay off Facebook, and otherwise try to find both points of view online. It works pretty well for me I think.
Unfortunately you are one of the minority not the majority that realize that their internet news is going to be an echo chamber where people are going to never see the other side of view.

Return to “Covid”