WHO children should NOT be vaccinated for Covid

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
deadbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

WHO children should NOT be vaccinated for Covid

Post by deadbear »

Breaking from WHO:

"Children should not be vaccinated for the moment.
There is not yet enough evidence on the use of vaccines against COVID-19 in children to make recommendations for children to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Children and adolescents tend to have milder disease compared to adults. However, children should continue to have the recommended childhood vaccines."
https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... nes/advice
---------- ADS -----------

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: WHO children should NOT be vaccinated for Covid

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

Read that again and try to understand what they're saying before you come to conclusions.

WHO is suggesting that vaccines will have a greater effect on a population when aimed at adults instead of children.

Countries like Canada and the US are reaching the end of their willing population of adults, so vaccinating children is the obvious next step.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:59 pm Read that again and try to understand what they're saying before you come to conclusions.

WHO is suggesting that vaccines will have a greater effect on a population when aimed at adults instead of children.

Countries like Canada and the US are reaching the end of their willing population of adults, so vaccinating children is the obvious next step.
No the obvious next step is to vaccinate adults in other countries in the world so that the virus can stop mutating and protect the vulnerable. No way I would have my children vaccinated unless it became a mandatory vaccine like the rest of the usual vaccinations kids get.

Obvious next step... Who are you Trudeau? Obvious next step is we need to make you take 3 covid tests and quarantine in a hotel obviously. 😂 Things have gotten so idiotic people just say things are obvious thinking you will feel dumb and take them as an expert on the topic.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:59 pm Read that again and try to understand what they're saying before you come to conclusions.

No. That's not what they're saying at all.

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

montado wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:58 pm

No the obvious next step is to vaccinate adults in other countries in the world so that the virus can stop mutating and protect the vulnerable. No way I would have my children vaccinated unless it became a mandatory vaccine like the rest of the usual vaccinations kids get.

Obvious next step... Who are you Trudeau? Obvious next step is we need to make you take 3 covid tests and quarantine in a hotel obviously. 😂 Things have gotten so idiotic people just say things are obvious thinking you will feel dumb and take them as an expert on the topic.
Where did you see vaccines are mandatory in Canada?
But I agree, we need to vaccinate as many adults as we can from other countries, strategically.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Could be worse. If you live in the Phillipines the president will arrest you and jab you in the butt himself:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/duterte-th ... -1.5480250

And they have the Sinovac vaccine which isn't particularly great.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

The media has been so bad lately it’s best to assume everything is a lie until it’s proven true.

Remember being told about kids and “long covid”

A study was done in the uk with a control group. Kids in the control group (who never had covid) reported having more long covid symptoms. Who would have guessed long covid might not be about getting covid. Those symptoms of long covid are the same as stress symptoms.

I guess this debunks kids under 12 being damaged with long covid. All media lies. Designed to scare parents, blame people who decide not to get vaccinated etc.
412DBA51-04AC-4226-9855-B906B91CBE4E.jpeg
412DBA51-04AC-4226-9855-B906B91CBE4E.jpeg (634.58 KiB) Viewed 1540 times

Posthumane
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Posthumane »

Montando, is your discussion about children aged 12-18, or those those under 12? You say your kids will not be getting a covid vaccine, but if they're under 12 then there is no choice in the matter; they would not be getting vaccinated anytime soon even if you wanted them to. If your kids are over 12, then why not refer to the info regarding kids over 12 rather than conflating data from multiple age groups?

"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it." -George Bernard Shaw
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Posthumane wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:01 am Montando, is your discussion about children aged 12-18, or those those under 12? You say your kids will not be getting a covid vaccine, but if they're under 12 then there is no choice in the matter; they would not be getting vaccinated anytime soon even if you wanted them to. If your kids are over 12, then why not refer to the info regarding kids over 12 rather than conflating data from multiple age groups?
Well this should answer part of your question. The media narrative says one thing, the data says another...

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/whitecoat/pare ... -1.6156624

Parents whose children have developed long-haul cases of COVID-19 are urging others not to underestimate the virus's impact on kids as they prepare for the return to class this week. Doctors and other health-care workers who treat kids with long-COVID are also calling for more attention to the risks faced by the under-12 set, who can't yet be vaccinated while the delta variant fuels a fourth wave of the pandemic.

And to your other point, by years end they will be vaccinating children under 12

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/biontech ... -1.6171034

My point was simply pointing out that what you read in the news is often times lies. "long covid" in children is a hoax, and simply a leg for the mandatory vaccine crowd to stand on to further perpetuate false media narratives. First you need to get a vaccine to protect yourself, then you need it to protect others, then you need it to prevent kids for dying, but then you see the data and it shows kids aren't dying of covid, then they say "but kids get long covid!" (you see, there is always an excuse for a narrative to remain, but never backed up with real data)

Its always one lie after another, and when you debunk the narrative they go on to the next one. If kids aren't dying of covid, and we can prove that kids are also not getting long covid, why are we going to vaccinate the under 12 age group? No need to answer this question, when the vaccine is available, the media will let you know why. They will fill your mind with more lies, more narratives.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... sly-feared
"Oh look, they caught us with our media lies... ok we will report this data and start some new lies"

Posthumane
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Posthumane »

Ok, so you were referring primarily to younger children (under 12) and the lack of need to vaccinate them due to the mild nature of their disease. Fair enough, no disagreements on that one.

Btw, do you have a link to the study from which you pulled the table above? I like to read the actual studies more than news reports about them since news reports often miss many details (sometimes important ones).
News have always been biased towards reporting sensational things, even if the people saying those things are wrong. This is not new to covid, the phrase "if it bleeds, it leads" goes back as far as I can remember.

On a tangent, you mentioned in another thread that the number of deaths from covid in children has thus far not been any higher than deaths from influenza and pneumonia in previous years and that was a big part of your decision to not let your kids be vaccinated. I'm curious, if that number were to change and areas did start showing increased number of pediatric deaths, would you change your mind on that? If so, what would be the changeover point (i.e. twice the annual deaths, ten times, etc.)?

"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it." -George Bernard Shaw
Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

montado wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:54 am Its always one lie after another, and when you debunk the narrative they go on to the next one. If kids aren't dying of covid, and we can prove that kids are also not getting long covid, why are we going to vaccinate the under 12 age group? No need to answer this question, when the vaccine is available, the media will let you know why. They will fill your mind with more lies, more narratives.
The first thing that cults do is tell you everyone else is lying. Here we have a good example of this.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Aviatard wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:20 pm
montado wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:54 am Its always one lie after another, and when you debunk the narrative they go on to the next one. If kids aren't dying of covid, and we can prove that kids are also not getting long covid, why are we going to vaccinate the under 12 age group? No need to answer this question, when the vaccine is available, the media will let you know why. They will fill your mind with more lies, more narratives.
The first thing that cults do is tell you everyone else is lying. Here we have a good example of this.
The difference being between my culty post and your cunty post I provided examples of media narrative that shows how they were wrong and now they are back tracking. I didn't create the story line I just presented what I found and my opinions based on my findings. You on the other hand you say a whole lot without saying anything at all.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Posthumane wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:12 pm Ok, so you were referring primarily to younger children (under 12) and the lack of need to vaccinate them due to the mild nature of their disease. Fair enough, no disagreements on that one.

Btw, do you have a link to the study from which you pulled the table above? I like to read the actual studies more than news reports about them since news reports often miss many details (sometimes important ones).
News have always been biased towards reporting sensational things, even if the people saying those things are wrong. This is not new to covid, the phrase "if it bleeds, it leads" goes back as far as I can remember.

On a tangent, you mentioned in another thread that the number of deaths from covid in children has thus far not been any higher than deaths from influenza and pneumonia in previous years and that was a big part of your decision to not let your kids be vaccinated. I'm curious, if that number were to change and areas did start showing increased number of pediatric deaths, would you change your mind on that? If so, what would be the changeover point (i.e. twice the annual deaths, ten times, etc.)?
As requested
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... august2021

As for your questions on when I would vaccinate my kids, probably going to be mandatory and the decision will be made for everyone anyways.

Posthumane
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Posthumane »

montado wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:08 pm As requested
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... august2021

As for your questions on when I would vaccinate my kids, probably going to be mandatory and the decision will be made for everyone anyways.
Thanks for the link.

I didn't ask what you would do if vaccines are made mandatory, I asked if there was a point where you would choose to have them vaccinated based on number of pediatric deaths. It seems that you are avoiding the question. Haven't thought about it?

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Here comes the media prime for vaccinating children.

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/health-off ... -1.5589562

10 year old dies with covid, but had underlying health conditions. So covid didn’t really take this kids life, for all we know they had a terrible life threatening disease. Yes this is sad, yes I can have empathy, but the media and politicians will leverage this into something it’s not. Doug Ford is tweeting about it. Like thanks for the shout out Doug, but kids in Ontario die every day in accidents, from disease etc. It’s always gut wrenching when children die. Only covid deaths matter right?

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Every single media outlet reported the child had significant underlying health conditions, and that he or she contracted COVID not in a childcare or school setting. As the second sentence in the report, usually. I’m not sure what evidence you could ask for that nobody is trying to leverage anything.

What we do know is that COVID is a nasty disease that disproportionately carries off people with underlying health conditions that would otherwise not be fatal. Many of us know people with such conditions and we want them to live. For me, that includes my brother, my mother, my father in law, several of my friends and my wife’s friends as well as her two sisters. I think you’re 19, and in good health and living protected in your parents’ basement. Your friends are all in good health too, I suspect.

I have no truck with your “the sick are nearly dead anyway so who cares what carries them off” theme. In fact I find it rather disgusting.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Posthumane
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Posthumane »

photofly wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:21 am
What we do know is that COVID is a nasty disease that disproportionately carries off people with underlying health conditions that would otherwise not be fatal. Many of us know people with such conditions and we want them to live. For me, that includes my brother, my mother, my father in law, several of my friends and my wife’s friends as well as her two sisters. I think you’re 19, and in good health and living protected in your parents’ basement. Your friends are all in good health too, I suspect.

I have no truck with your “the sick are nearly dead anyway so who cares what carries them off” theme. In fact I find it rather disgusting.
In fairness to Montando, he has stated that he is in vaccinated (and around 40) and has encouraged others to do so, apart from the times he gets triggered into a rant about politicians, media, and pharmaceutical companies.

I'm setting this fairly often now, where reasonable people can process information and make a sound judgement, but then are torn by their hatred of "the other side" (political or otherwise). They come to a conclusion on their own, but can't stand when their enemy comes to the same conclusion so they feel the need to lash out against it even when it goes against their own logic. in the case of Montando this has manifested in him promoting vaccines and telling people they are effective, but at the same time saying that big pharma is just out to make a buck and the whole thing could have been ended with ivermectin instead, because the media that he dislikes must be lying.

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

montado wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:49 pm
Aviatard wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:20 pm
The difference being between my culty post and your cunty post I provided examples of media narrative that shows how they were wrong and now they are back tracking. I didn't create the story line I just presented what I found and my opinions based on my findings. You on the other hand you say a whole lot without saying anything at all.
I have done my own research on your opinions and found them to be 1.5% effective.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

I’ll stick my neck out and say I don’t think vaccinations for under-12s will be required (eg for school) or necessarily widely recommended.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.

Return to “Covid”