Their world is shrinking

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Their world is shrinking

Post by newlygrounded »

Inverted2 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:45 am I think a lot of people are mentally destroyed from 18 months of 24/7 fear indoctrination.

Trudope paying people CERB to stay home isn’t helping people’s work ethic either. A lot of businesses I notice are on reduced hours because of staffing shortages.

Throw in some inflation and tax increases as well. The future looks bright indeed.
If you business has to pay poverty wages, it shouldn't exist.
---------- ADS -----------

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

newlygrounded wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:05 am
Inverted2 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:45 am I think a lot of people are mentally destroyed from 18 months of 24/7 fear indoctrination.

Trudope paying people CERB to stay home isn’t helping people’s work ethic either. A lot of businesses I notice are on reduced hours because of staffing shortages.

Throw in some inflation and tax increases as well. The future looks bright indeed.
Absolutely agree. The problem is we can pay everyone $25/hr for flipping burgers at McDonald’s and all other minimum wage jobs, but you’ll have to dig a lot deeper in your wallet for all of these services and products.

Let’s Go Brandon
QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

montado wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:27 am Let’s compare the symptoms of long covid, to the symptoms of stress. I would think if we are telling kids if they don’t wear a mask they could kill grandma, would most definitely cause stress. The message kids are getting from parents, teachers, coaches, friends etc will most definitely cause some stress. Is long covid really a thing? Or are we just mentally destroying this generation

CA3E45CD-545D-4D8C-9F91-60E08A475E25.jpeg179DCA32-A262-4017-8329-FA104FF4D46D.jpeg
spot on

JeppsOnFire
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by JeppsOnFire »

Inverted2 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:23 am

Absolutely agree. The problem is we can pay everyone $25/hr for flipping burgers at McDonald’s and all other minimum wage jobs, but you’ll have to dig a lot deeper in your wallet for all of these services and products.

If you move the minimum wage from say $10 to $15 per hour you've introduced an artificial economic force which immediately results in 'a rising tide raises all boats' situation. This causes inflation. Inflation reduces the purchasing power of $15 per hour to something like, say $10 per hour (adjusted for the aforementioned inflation). You've changed nothing for that minimum wage worker.

Carry on..

JeppsOnFire
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by JeppsOnFire »

I have a question. I was among those who refused the vaccine due to its untested and short history. I was in the 'wait and see' camp.
I watched the world embrace the vaccines and masks et al. It didn't take too long to figure out AZ was inferior and the effectiveness of masks was a bit of a comedy.
As time passed it was clear (to me at least) that Pfizer was the best choice and I have now been numbered, ugh, I mean vaccinated.

Now, was I an anti-vax, science hating trump fan during the time that I refused all the vaccines available? Was my concern for a desperately needed vaccine in which approval was hurried (emergency only) with incomplete testing, unwarranted? Did my caution help me avoid some issues now emerging (AZ efficacy against Delta, MRNA vs. non-MRNA and brand mixing)?

I wanted to see the results of the vaccine on hundreds of millions of guinea pigs before I consented to it. I'm happy I did. Although many on here would have turned their contemptuous condescending eye my direction had I aired my opinion then. So I understand if some people are not ready to accept this vaccine. From the politics involved to the inconsistent and 'changing science' from 'experts', to the poles of fear and indifference to using the words mandatory and lockdown it's unsurprising the resulting views and opinions are so mixed.

You do you. All good.

geodoc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by geodoc »

JeppsOnFire wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:34 pm

If you move the minimum wage from say $10 to $15 per hour you've introduced an artificial economic force which immediately results in 'a rising tide raises all boats' situation. This causes inflation. Inflation reduces the purchasing power of $15 per hour to something like, say $10 per hour (adjusted for the aforementioned inflation). You've changed nothing for that minimum wage worker.

Carry on..
Might want to consider a deeper dive into the actual effects of inflation in an article by Mark Blyth:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ht-so-much

(snip)

"Indeed, as Bivens argues, it’s far from clear that wage earners actually lose from inflation. There is no one-to-one relationship between inflation and consumption. As he puts it: “If it is wage increases that lead to price growth, then these increases will not reduce living standards.” In other words, yes, prices are up, but so are wages. And depending on what you consume, and how much debt you carry, that can be a net positive since inflation erodes the real value of debts. (Spoiler alert – that’s why finance hates it, really.)"

More here if you're really into it:

JeppsOnFire
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by JeppsOnFire »

geodoc wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:46 pm

Carry on..
Might want to consider a deeper dive into the actual effects of inflation in an article by Mark Blyth:

(snip)

"Indeed, as Bivens argues, it’s far from clear that wage earners actually lose from inflation. There is no one-to-one relationship between inflation and consumption. As he puts it: “If it is wage increases that lead to price growth, then these increases will not reduce living standards.” In other words, yes, prices are up, but so are wages. And depending on what you consume, and how much debt you carry, that can be a net positive since inflation erodes the real value of debts. (Spoiler alert – that’s why finance hates it, really.)"

The answer is in your quote. I said nothing changes for a minimum wage worker. Your article claims its 'unclear' if min wage earners 'actually lose from inflation'. They may not lose. They don't gain either.

I don't think anyone became wealthy because their debt was reduced by inflation. Although that is clearly the current Liberal Party approach.

geodoc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by geodoc »

JeppsOnFire wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:58 pm

Carry on..

(snip)

The answer is in your quote. I said nothing changes for a minimum wage worker. Your article claims its 'unclear' if min wage earners 'actually lose from inflation'. They may not lose. They don't gain either.

I don't think anyone became wealthy because their debt was reduced by inflation. Although that is clearly the current Liberal Party approach.

I searched the Guardian article and was not able to locate that quote. Become "wealthy" from inflation effectively reducing debt against increased wages? Where would such an assertion appear in that article? His essential contention(s) seem incontrovertible unless you're content with an unsupported assertion against a well reasoned and constructed argument.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

TG wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:07 am
telex wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:57 pm
You spelled anti-experimental substance wrong.

With a 99.8% survival rate the anti-experimental substance crowd will die of laughter at your brainwashed state you call reality.
So many wrongs in a single sentence…
I could let Darwin do his job with this antivax nonsense but it also affect people who cannot get vaccinated for medical reason, so I can’t

You are like a selfish alcoholic complaining about having his right to drunk drive being removed.

You want to force people to take an essentially experimental treatment that has been developed without the regular oversight and testing associated with such a treatment. On top of this add the immense political pressure to get it out the door quickly. You want to force them to put this into their bodies to make you feel safer. That is selfish.

JeppsOnFire
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by JeppsOnFire »

geodoc wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:48 pm
JeppsOnFire wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:58 pm

(snip)

I searched the Guardian article and was not able to locate that quote. Become "wealthy" from inflation effectively reducing debt against increased wages? Where would such an assertion appear in that article? His essential contention(s) seem incontrovertible unless you're content with an unsupported assertion against a well reasoned and constructed argument.
Umm. Ok. That line was mine. Tongue in cheek. I support the assertion. I am content to do so. It was clearly in response to your quote about how debt can be a net positive in the inflationary world.
I didn’t watch your video.
Go ahead, use debt to build wealth. Don’t worry about the minefield that is known as risk and interest rate.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

JeppsOnFire wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:27 pm Now, was I an anti-vax, science hating trump fan during the time that I refused all the vaccines available?
Only in the eyes of the ruling leftist corporate party and their midwit minions. What you did was instinctual, based on survival. That's real biology. The lemming population thinks that biology has suddenly changed because they were told so by their party media. In fact, they believe that science changes completely on a monthly basis.

You were right to wait. Second mouse gets the cheese...that's the smart mouse.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

CpnCrunch wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:05 pm Image
You don't need a medical expert to pick out the contradiction in the rhetoric, you need an expert rhetorician. Guess who? :wink:

Do you need a certified mechanic to tell you if your tire is flat? Is it a lie if a non-expert tells you that it is?

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

ReserveTank wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:38 pm

You don't need a medical expert to pick out the contradiction in the rhetoric, you need an expert rhetorician. Guess who? :wink:

Do you need a certified mechanic to tell you if your tire is flat? Is it a lie if a non-expert tells you that it is?
Ah, rhetoric. Is that what you call defending the Belarus terrorist regime? Or is propoganda a better word? And posting antivax nonsense because you don't understand basic facts like how VAERS works...would that be classed as rhetoric or propoganda?

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

Sometimes I like to make stupid comments when people are arguing about stupid things.

I cannot think of anything that would top the stupidity in this thread.

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

Look, I'm not going to be able to convince anyone to go and get the shot.

The fact is that Countries are starting to open their borders but ONLY if you are fully vaccinated. Companies are starting to demand vaccinations or daily testing to come to work (BC Nurses, Federal employees, several US airlines). Lawyers are starting to state that if you pass on COVID to someone, you are responsible for the outcome.

My world isn't shrinking. It's just starting to open up. If you don't have the vaccine, shortly, you may not be able to go anywhere, be employed and better not go out and pass on COVID to someone. Pretty small corner you've painted yourself into.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

So how long do you guys think this should go on for?

Is there a point you see where people don't have to get covid shots and multiple annual boosters to have a normal society in your world view?

Or is it a forever thing you think?

Should we require flu shots of everyone too?

Maybe there are other screening and vaccinating programs we can initiate to reduce people's rights and freedoms!

Or maybe we can start parallel societies, or covid ghettos!

Spanish flu lasted 26 months... infected over 25% of the world's population and killed 100 million, about 6% of the world's population...

We're at 22 months on this one...

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Arnie Pye wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:21 pm Look, I'm not going to be able to convince anyone to go and get the shot.

The fact is that Countries are starting to open their borders but ONLY if you are fully vaccinated. Companies are starting to demand vaccinations or daily testing to come to work (BC Nurses, Federal employees, several US airlines). Lawyers are starting to state that if you pass on COVID to someone, you are responsible for the outcome.

My world isn't shrinking. It's just starting to open up. If you don't have the vaccine, shortly, you may not be able to go anywhere, be employed and better not go out and pass on COVID to someone. Pretty small corner you've painted yourself into.
Sounds like a load of shit. Maybe if those lawyers want to start working on those responsible they could go make a case for JT who was out protesting at a gigantic gathering of BLM protesters summer 2020. You mean to tell me someone unvaccinated today, could be responsible for someone’s outcome when that someone has the choice to get a vaccine? Trudeau chose to enable plague rat spread among thousands when no vaccine was available! Don’t let him off so easy, he is the real reason this is out of control amirite? Oh you mean the children… quick question for you… take a guess without looking it up how many kids under 12 have died of covid in Florida since the beginning of the pandemic (I chose Florida for it’s crazy republican anti mask plague rat mentality where we all know covid is absolutely destroying them and basically everyone is dead there by now-cnn). Here is your hint, it’s a single digit…. It’s actually less than the number of the same age group influenza deaths in Ontario in 2018.. so please tell me the lawyers are ALSO going to hold people responsible for the outcomes of flu deaths. I’d actually like to backdate some of these… we had thousands of flu deaths in 2019, we should lay some charges.

Your post actually comes across as, dare I say it, completely idiotic. Best described as politician speech material. Ya know like if a garbage can could talk, it might just grumble the words you typed.

“If you don’t have a vaccine, shortly…” :lol: :lol: :lol: millions of under 12 year old don’t have a vaccine… what will they do!!!

“Look, I'm not going to be able to convince anyone to go and get the shot.” Well you had one thing right! You did tell one truth… so you are better than Trudeau… I take it back you aren’t quite as bad as politician speech material.

Keep up the good work, it’s your idiotic posts that just reinforce the reasons people don’t want a vaccine. Because it’s a complete lunatic trying to convince them they should get the shots.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

I feel it coming… “source” you can’t just post something or it’s misinformation! So here it is. Florida covid as of June 2nd this year. 7 covid deaths in the 0 to 14 age group. Does anyone look at the data? I can’t figure out why everyone 12 plus can get vaccinated, and yet people are still not satisfied with the risks of being alive today. The risk that data shows is pretty much the same risk as life in 2019, 2018….
A2826492-FAB7-414D-8A53-87AEA164BF3E.jpeg
A2826492-FAB7-414D-8A53-87AEA164BF3E.jpeg (881.32 KiB) Viewed 1063 times

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

tsgarp wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:16 pm
TG wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:07 am
telex wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:57 pm
You spelled anti-experimental substance wrong.

With a 99.8% survival rate the anti-experimental substance crowd will die of laughter at your brainwashed state you call reality.
So many wrongs in a single sentence…
I could let Darwin do his job with this antivax nonsense but it also affect people who cannot get vaccinated for medical reason, so I can’t

You are like a selfish alcoholic complaining about having his right to drunk drive being removed.

You want to force people to take an essentially experimental treatment that has been developed without the regular oversight and testing associated with such a treatment. On top of this add the immense political pressure to get it out the door quickly. You want to force them to put this into their bodies to make you feel safer. That is selfish.
Vaccine monitoring has historically shown that side effects generally happen within six weeks of receiving a vaccine dose.
Absolutely no, zero, nil, niet, nada change to that saying with all the Current Covid Vaccins given in Canada.

They now have months of hindsight. Months! This "Phase III" of a new vaccin development and approval is basically about gathering enough data to figure out its long term efficiency. That's what they don't know and that's also one of the reason why there is talk of a possible third jab (at least for the immunodeficient)

Return to “Covid”