Get Ready Airline Workers to be Forcibly Vaccinated

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Get Ready Airline Workers to be Forcibly Vaccinated

Post by pelmet »

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/t ... d=msedgntp

"Trudeau and his office had little more detail to offer Thursday about the request submitted to interim clerk Janice Charette, but he did mention two federally regulated sectors in particular that work closely with the public: “planes and trains.”

This is the first time Trudeau has overtly declared that his government is considering any form of mandatory vaccination."
---------- ADS -----------

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Get Ready Airline Workers to be Forcibly Vaccinated

Post by montado »

A5897371-855E-4B70-A9EC-DE828FD2AF1B.jpeg
A5897371-855E-4B70-A9EC-DE828FD2AF1B.jpeg (485.92 KiB) Viewed 2002 times

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

From two weeks to flatten the curve to forced experimental substances injected in your body.

:rolleyes:

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

It's one way of getting back to a pilot shortage...

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

That's a clear violation of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms imho.

Disclaimer:- I'm not a legal expert - but neither is the Prime Minister.

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

Eric Janson wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:50 pm That's a clear violation of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms imho.

Correct. He is a quantum computer expert.

The resident libtards here will vouch for that.

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

IANAL, but if the GoC wants to force the issue, then I think the 'notwithstanding' clause takes care of the Charter. Another side of it is while it might be against the Charter, it would be a sh!t-ton of money in legal fees, not to mention the time involved in taking the case all of the way to the SCoC where a decision would be made on a Charter issue. it'd be a lot easier to just get a vaccine...

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Eric Janson wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:50 pm That's a clear violation of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms imho.

The government already has a whole list of medical requirements for pilots. Why would this be any different?

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Conflicting Traffic
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Conflicting Traffic »

Sooo .. what specific part of the Charter do you think this violates? As far as I know, there's nothing in there preventing employers from attaching conditions to your employment. There may (or may not) be labor laws that do this, but I'm pretty sure the Charter doesn't. Feel free to look it up yourself right here: https://publications.gc.ca/collections/ ... -2002E.pdf.

----------------------------------------
Conflicting Traffic please advise.
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Can someone who had the shot tell me if you have to sign a waiver omitting the manufacturer of any liability if you were to get sick from it? If the government is forcing you to take it surely they could be held liable? This is gonna be fun to see how it all plays out. :lol:

Let’s Go Brandon
Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

Great. Just great. What’s next? A driving passport to operate a truck? Alcohol passport to buy beer? Where will it end? Wake up sheeple.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Conflicting Traffic wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:35 am

Sooo .. what specific part of the Charter do you think this violates? As far as I know, there's nothing in there preventing employers from attaching conditions to your employment. There may (or may not) be labor laws that do this, but I'm pretty sure the Charter doesn't. Feel free to look it up yourself right here: https://publications.gc.ca/collections/ ... -2002E.pdf.
My guess is this is not a charter violation. But also another thing to note is that I don't think there is genuinely any mandatory vaccines in Canada.

When we say mandatory shots like Hep, or Polio these vaccines are so called "mandatory" for things such as school. The reality is parents can get exemptions. They use words like mandatory, and most people are just not aware of the process for exemption. I have heard you just go to your local health unit where they make you watch videos on vaccine education. Some sort of indoctrination. Then you can still decide you don't want your kids to have the shot.

Covid vaccine may look the same. They may say its mandatory, but willing to bet it is Mandatory* with the ability to opt out like other vaccines. Each province is probably a little different. Verbally saying vaccines will be mandatory for something is just a scare tactic. Until its a written rule these things mean nothing.

The only true mandatory vaccine will potentially be crossing borders IMO. This is where everyone's freedoms end. So good luck to flight crew who refuse vaccines, life will become very difficult. While I don't agree with making the covid vax mandatory I by no means have any say in what other countries decide to do. That for one reason is why I got my vaccine. Where I draw the line is that places like China are talking about it being mandatory to take their countries vaccine. This is where I draw the line, I will never travel to china if they don't accept my vaccine from here as acceptable. I do believe most people would draw the line here and it would cause to much harm to china economically to do something so bold. I don't expect that to happen, but it has been talked about and we never know what kind of crazy governments will brew.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

montado wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:38 am Some sort of indoctrination.
I think you mean education about some pretty basic science that they could have googled themselves if they had been bothered.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Inverted2 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:44 am Can someone who had the shot tell me if you have to sign a waiver omitting the manufacturer of any liability if you were to get sick from it? If the government is forcing you to take it surely they could be held liable? This is gonna be fun to see how it all plays out. :lol:
No, there is nothing to sign.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

[YouTube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI2f27QLyUI[/YouTube]

"A gaff is when a politician tells the truth" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it not clear that this is all just politics? No polotician gives one shit about your health, all they care about is votes. Half the people here want to give these people the power to make decisions for you.

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2021/08/an ... e-premier/

bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bobcaygeon »

Early court challenges and rulings have indicated that making COVID-19 vaccination a condition of employment is acceptable.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

bobcaygeon wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:27 am Early court challenges and rulings have indicated that making COVID-19 vaccination a condition of employment is acceptable.
Do you have a specific example?

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

United airlines just made it mandatory for all employees to be vaxxed...

https://abcnews.go.com/US/united-airlin ... d=79305579

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

twa22 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:55 am United airlines just made it mandatory for all employees to be vaxxed...

https://abcnews.go.com/US/united-airlin ... d=79305579
It was just a matter of time. United is about as woke as it gets. Some will capitulate. Some will retire. Some have their plan B in order.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Funny in America it seems more authoritarian than Canada right now :lol:

AFAIK No airlines here have mandated vaccines. My guess is here it will be for anyone who has to travel as it’s likely to become a requirement to cross borders. As far as JTs “all federal workers” I think this is just him thinking out loud but likely won’t become an actual rule. Apparently vaccination bookings are increasing in Quebec now with the “vaxpass” situation about to happen so the threat of having your life more disrupted is working to get people in to take the vaccines.

Return to “Covid”