Back to school, the risk for kids.

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.

Is the risk to high for the under 12 age group to go back to school?

No, school should open as normal
71%
No, school should open with masks and other measures to protect kids.
25%
Yes, kids should have opportunity for vaccines before schools open.
No votes
Yes, vaccines need to be mandatory for school age kids
4%

Total votes: 24

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Back to school, the risk for kids.

Post by montado »

I found this Twitter post to give some context of the risk for kids and covid. He makes the assumption that 70 percent of kids will get covid which is wild because last year is was only 10 percent. However he is saying this figure because the cdc says delta is as contagious as chickenpox. You decide, is the risk to great. I agree with his data but I find his conclusion is opposite of my opinion.
F9A0CDBD-C918-4815-BE25-D04161826C52.jpeg
F9A0CDBD-C918-4815-BE25-D04161826C52.jpeg (468.18 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
594A0633-0780-4FFE-9CF3-6113F83442F0.jpeg
594A0633-0780-4FFE-9CF3-6113F83442F0.jpeg (394.04 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
439D0B89-051E-4533-B72C-A5931DB94A5C.jpeg
439D0B89-051E-4533-B72C-A5931DB94A5C.jpeg (438.6 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
In 2019 Canada had 16 flu deaths in the age group 1 to 14. Ontario is 38.7% of Canada's population = 6.2 deaths. In 2018 = 8.5 deaths. Are you saying we've been wrong about our risk tolerance for flu deaths in children this whole time? If so how have we allowed this many flu deaths? David is calling us selfish if we believe our kids deserve to go to school as we did and participate in activities. Why is it this is no worse than the flu for kids yet it’s selfish to think schools should be open?
---------- ADS -----------

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Back to school, the risk for kids.

Post by montado »

Here is the guy
https://www.dlsph.utoronto.ca/faculty-p ... n-david-n/
That posted this tweet
David Fisman (@DFisman)
https://twitter.com/DFisman/status/1425 ... 55201?s=20
Using this data
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 1.full.pdf

Now go here and see how flu deaths are just as high
https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en ... 2C20190101

Now come at me bruh, come debate me. We are even on deaths so now what are you going to say? Long covid? Covid toes? What media headline can you throw my way to say I’m wrong?

Ever look up the long covid symptoms? They are right inline with the symptoms kids would experience with social isolation and masking. “Fear, anxiety”

If you are wondering if I would vaccinate my kids for covid, the answer is not a chance! Absolute insanity. Clearly vaccines are not enough for normal.

2nine9two
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 2nine9two »

I think your on the wrong forum sir...

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Ahaaahaha good riddance to this moron. He basically ignored people when he was called out that the flu caused more deaths for kids than his worst case scenario, 70 percent of kids getting covid. Time to get rid of idiots off the “science table”. This guy thinks schools should be closed until mandatory vaccines and since the baby can’t get his way he resigned. Maybe if his ideas were not so completely idiotic people would listen. Must have been getting funding from the teachers unions to speak “scientific bullshit”

D9DABD5B-340C-427E-A139-48963D993633.jpeg
D9DABD5B-340C-427E-A139-48963D993633.jpeg (757.79 KiB) Viewed 1145 times

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Who are you talking to?

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:33 pm Who are you talking to?
Good frigging question.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Intellectuals.

Go back to your CNN research.

Go figure the guy paid by teachers unions to advocate for school lockdowns, was pro school lockdowns. He was able to show data that covid was no worse than the flu, yet arrived at a conclusion that schools need to be restricted :lol:

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

montado wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:54 am
Intellectuals.

Go figure the guy paid by teachers unions to advocate for school lockdowns, was pro school lockdowns. He was able to show data that covid was no worse than the flu, yet arrived at a conclusion that schools need to be restricted :lol:
Your argument lacks emotion and empathy. Your points may be technically correct, but a non-sociopath would realize that mandating vaccines for children 12+ going to school could save lives and saving lives is a normal human desire.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:07 am
montado wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:54 am
Intellectuals.

Your argument lacks emotion and empathy. Your points may be technically correct, but a non-sociopath would realize that mandating vaccines for children 12+ going to school could save lives and saving lives is a normal human desire.

He is not talking about the 12 plus age kids, he is talking about the unvaccinated kids. Those are the numbers for kids who can’t get a vaccine. He wants to pump fear into parents and teachers unions are paying him for this to try to get schools closed.

As for the 12 to 20 kids going to school, they can get vaccinated if they want to, not sure how many lives you will save with voluntary vaccines, vs mandatory vaccines. If you get an extra 5 percent of 12 20 year olds vaccinated because you call it mandatory, how many lives will you save?

BigQ
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BigQ »

If you get 5% extra kids vaccinated... by Montado's numbers, that should mean that maybe 1 life will be saved? Then again, if that kid is vaccinated and part of the very small group of people with underlying conditons, the chances that the other 5% getting vaccinated doesn't affect his/her final outcome are even lower.

And yet, the rate of myocarditis and pericarditis among young boys and young men is VERY high as a proportion of total VAERS reports. So we might save 1 life, but we have the potential to severely disturb a few hundreds.

It's only kids, right? GOTTA SAVE GRANDMA

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58438669.amp

What experts shall we listen to? Here they say there’s insufficient evidence to support vaccines for kids 12 to 15 years old. I assume this means that under 12 also will get the same recommendation and they are all in the very low risk group.

Prediction, Covid vaccines will be approved for kids under 12 and will be mandated for schools in Canada. Good luck to y’all with this whacked up vaccine fetish some parents have :lol:. Lots of parents complaining they can’t get their kids vaccinated yet these esports say the risk is low, long covid is not really a thing in kids or it’s very rare… funny how the media narrative is so far off from what this article says…. Hmmm…

DAeLtA, LoNgCoViD! ThInK oF ThE ChilDrEn!

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

montado wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:58 pm https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58438669.amp

What experts shall we listen to? Here they say there’s insufficient evidence to support vaccines for kids 12 to 15 years old. I assume this means that under 12 also will get the same recommendation and they are all in the very low risk group.

Prediction, Covid vaccines will be approved for kids under 12 and will be mandated for schools in Canada.
On present evidence, I don’t think it will be mandated for children to attend school.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Posthumane
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Posthumane »

Keep in mind that the numbers quoted for deaths from "the flu" are not actually deaths caused by influenza, they are "Influenza and pneumonia." That may seem like a trivial distinction, but pneumonia has a variety of causes including viral, fungal, bacterial, and foreign matter. Basically, this one new virus is comparable to all the acute respiratory conditions that are likely to result in mortality (listed as J09 through J18 in the index) put together. Typically deaths attributed to the influenza virus are 15-30% of that category. Just something to keep in mind when comparing the numbers.

"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it." -George Bernard Shaw

Return to “Covid”