Canada to mandate vaccination for all airline workers

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
CanadianPilotQc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Canada to mandate vaccination for all airline workers

Post by CanadianPilotQc »

https://globalnews.ca/news/8110086/can ... kers-fall/

It’s happening… I wonder if we’re gonna see a rush to vaccination centers or LOA’s and resignations..,
---------- ADS -----------

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Canada to mandate vaccination for all airline workers

Post by altiplano »

On go the politics... I guess that plays with voters.

They're expected to call an election for Sept.20 though so how are they going to get that through when they dissolve Parliament? I think they'll have to revisit it after the election.

Also noted that there is some ambiguous information there.

Mandating workers in the federal service and expecting federally regulated employers to follow is different.

Alghabra said something in place by end of October, but what? Fuzzy on details.

Also talked about in reports is testing and alternative measures.

We shall see how that goes... and where it ends is what everyone should be concerned about.

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

Speaking at the same press conference, Transport Minister Omar Alghabra stressed that by the fall, there will be a vaccine requirement for all transportation workers as well.

“No later than the end of October, the government of Canada will require employees in the federally regulated air, rail and marine transport sectors to be vaccinated,” he said.
I’ve been a staunch hold out. I’ve lost friends and now have family I won’t speak to over this. Initially I was hesitant about the potential side effects of a rushed and untested shot, now I’m just offended by the idea that so many people think they get a say in a what medical procedures I must preform. This was compounded by the fact that the virus itself poses very little measurable threat. I think as a society we have lost the ability to gauge threats and weigh risks. We are soft and many people have never felt a real sense of danger.

This isn’t the country I was raised to believe in. This is the death of liberty and freedom and it didn’t die silently, it went out to the applause of the masses. There will be no end to this circus, it will be too easy to piggy back things onto our new electronic freedom passports.

I’m exhausted though, I’m not going to lose my job over this.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

JT has been taking notes from China. We have a 💩 of a leader 😂.

Don’t get emotionally invested in Canada, there’s better places to be. If anyone ever gets an opportunity leave I seen greener pastures ahead. Who will all the pro vaccine passport people blame when everyone is vaccinated and covid is still spreading? 🤣

HavaJava
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by HavaJava »

Sharklasers wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:12 am
Speaking at the same press conference, Transport Minister Omar Alghabra stressed that by the fall, there will be a vaccine requirement for all transportation workers as well.

“No later than the end of October, the government of Canada will require employees in the federally regulated air, rail and marine transport sectors to be vaccinated,” he said.
I’ve been a staunch hold out. I’ve lost friends and now have family I won’t speak to over this. Initially I was hesitant about the potential side effects of a rushed and untested shot, now I’m just offended by the idea that so many people think they get a say in a what medical procedures I must preform. This was compounded by the fact that the virus itself poses very little measurable threat. I think as a society we have lost the ability to gauge threats and weigh risks. We are soft and many people have never felt a real sense of danger.

This isn’t the country I was raised to believe in. This is the death of liberty and freedom and it didn’t die silently, it went out to the applause of the masses. There will be no end to this circus, it will be too easy to piggy back things onto our new electronic freedom passports.

My exact sentiments. A bigger issue I’m facing is the prospect of them forcing it on my children.

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by McKinley »

I’m with you there I was called a murderer recently because I was COVID vaccine hesitant I also was told that I should be humbled by the fact that colleagues and I have been unemployed and underemployed because I was “ saving lives:” There’s been so many incongruencies in this pandemic:

Here’s my list:

-Trudeau saying vaccines wouldn’t end the pandemic.
-upending of domestic travel while international travel continued from hot zones.
- masks being ineffective then the gospel.
-lip service being paid to impacts of restrictions ( stats can report stating more people died from covid restrictions than the virus itself)
- Trudeau announcing the great reset amidst the pandemic asper the WEF and the WEF posting events that have transpired .
-Omar alaghabra almost doing a ground stop of air travel … then opting not to I’m light of trade/ safety equipment that arrives by .. AIR
-quarantine hotels
-government employees/ politicians traveling
-media gaslighting, censorship
-criminal actions / cases against vaccine manufacturers
-black and white thinking by politicians and politicians do setting black and white thinking. ( inability to hold opposing views)

NOT ONCE… was mental health discussed, healthy eating, natural supplements, pesticides, cancer causing chemicals, impacts of job loss on mental health, positive impacts of: yoga, Breathwork, exercise positive impacts of meditation on the human autonomic nervous system vs fear mongering.

Nevermind the division that’s been sowed…

It does not make sense… something stinks and I showered today. ;)

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Im voting for Jag this upcoming election… just lighting some gas on the way out from this place 😂

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

My ultimate frustration is that even after I submit I know it won’t make a difference. Cases will rise in the fall and we will all lock down again. All you have to do is look at Israel and parts of Europe to see the future.

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by McKinley »

Just identify as vaccinated … should work. Works for every other group in society LGBTQ2NOC19VAXUPYOURS

It’s equality right ?

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

For as mad as people are the big US airlines are even doing this… IN THE USA

scdriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by scdriver »

fish4life wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:23 pm For as mad as people are the big US airlines are even doing this… IN THE USA
It is slightly different when it’s a mandate from a private company vs from the government. I have less of a problem in that situation.

SeñorPiloto
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SeñorPiloto »

HavaJava wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:31 am

My exact sentiments. A bigger issue I’m facing is the prospect of them forcing it on my children.

Im glad to see that there are some pilots who have the same concerns as me.

lostaviator
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by lostaviator »

Drinking is my right. How dare the government tell me I can't drink and fly!!!!

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

It's now official:

"Federal government to require vaccinations for all federal public servants, air and train passengers".

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/federa ... -1.6140131

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

This is pretty absurd to require vaccination, especially for passengers. I would say that would be a violation of the charter and other codes, but the courts have pretty much shown how useless that document is since the pandemic.

Longtimer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Longtimer »

Operating a vehicle is my right, how dare anyone say I have to have a document (licence) that allows me to do so!!!!!!!!

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yhz41 »

I can see the violation of some charter for employees ,but as far as passengers go...travel is a privilege not a right. I'm sure there will be some way around that for those who can't be vaccinated (children) just like for the "mandatory" vaccines to attend school.

A346Dude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by A346Dude »

Longtimer wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:20 pm Operating a vehicle is my right, how dare anyone say I have to have a document (licence) that allows me to do so!!!!!!!!
Yes, having to take a test, pay a fee, and carry a card is exactly the same as being coerced into injecting a substance one does not want to inject.

betster
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by betster »

Don't understand why people are afraid of a vaccine. Is it actual fear or just ego.

CanadianPilotQc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CanadianPilotQc »

Last edited by CanadianPilotQc on Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Covid”