First flight since Covid.

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

First flight since Covid.

Post by rookiepilot »

Went fine. 2/3 or less flying YYZ-YVR, AC 777. Temperature check given before security.

2 weeks later, came back to YYZ yesterday. Flight jammed. NO temperature checks in YVR for anyone. Just realized that now.

Interesting.
---------- ADS -----------

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: First flight since Covid.

Post by pelmet »

I have done 8 flights now since the re-opening. One of them was 13 days ago. Checked the Covid on flights info published by the government. Turns out my seat is in an area of 5 rows listed as having a Covid positive person. I chose that particular seat because it was a window and had a wall behind me in order to minimize the number of people in my immediate vicinity. Feel fine so far. One more day to monitor for that one.

dissent
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dissent »

Last edited by dissent on Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

dissent wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:08 pm who would care about this post?
Believe if or not some people are taking their first peek out of their basements since this devastating disease destroyed most of Canada. They saw normal life, however they will check CNN and hear about Delta… what they see in airports is so deceiving, as it’s basically a fact everyone who travels basically dies from this thing… it was probably a one off to find a mostly full flight and mostly full airport, I can assure you 99 percent of people are in hiding! Time to crawl back into that basement and try another flight in August 2022.

Look at the Swiss cheese model falling apart… no Temperature checks… no one using the covid alert app. No one wearing the Doug Ford bracelet and pretty clear that no social distancing is taking place. These people just don’t care, and they are plague rats spreading disease around because they refuse basic policies that will save the world and eradicate covid.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Oh I forgot to mention, the entire trip I took uber and (sometimes very crowded) Skytrains everywhere I went, refusing to shell out 3 k for a rental car. Half of skytrain riders masked, half not. Ate in restaurants, etc Ect. Tons of exposure.

Planning a major international trip for later in the year, if they let me in that is.

Been to over 40 countries. At least 20 more on my list, so gotta get started.

Still alive, so far.

The vaccines don’t prevent infection, just like most others don’t either.

I have no clue why anyone thinks this.

Return to “Covid”