New report says we need 90 percent vaccinated for herd immunity.

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

New report says we need 90 percent vaccinated for herd immunity.

Post by montado »

covid-19-considerations-ontario-fall-winter.pdf
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 26 times
Ontario is reporting we need more than 100 percent of eligible people vaccinated for herd immunity. This is a huge change from the 70 percent figure originally. This can only mean one thing to me, the vaccines are not nearly as effective as we were told they are. The vaccinated are still getting covid and still spreading it. And also, herd immunity is not possible through vaccines, because we will never reach 90 percent of the entire population vaccinated.

And here’s a couple videos for those who have as much time as me to “research” covid :lol: these doctors pretty much say kids getting natural immunity is the way to normal, and those at risk should get vaccinated to prevent death and hospitalization.

https://youtu.be/TtFapXG1zbo

https://youtu.be/PDRjIuC2eZE

I morally object to having my kids vaccinated. Why should my kids who have a statistically improbable chance of death or any harm from covid for the matter be offered a vaccine when billions of adults globally still aren’t vaccinated. Trudeau should send those excess millions of doses where they count.
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: New report says we need 90 percent vaccinated for herd immunity.

Post by photofly »

The vaccines aren’t as effective as initially determined, and the delta variant is one reason.

Of course, we will never get to 90% vaccinated status while you maintain a moral objection to having your children vaccinated.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

photofly wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:32 am The vaccines aren’t as effective as initially determined, and the delta variant is one reason.

Of course, we will never get to 90% vaccinated status while you maintain a moral objection to having your children vaccinated.

Why would I vaccinate my children, when the data shows they are at less risk to covid than the flu, when someone else in the world is at 5x the risk of death when compared to the flu?

I’m very much a conservative and believe in the individual first. However if I’m to take the more social, do the right thing for the greater good attitude, it makes zero sense to vaccinate kids. How selfish would that be for me to vaccinate my kids when people will die for this in other parts of the world? Maybe if a child is at risk for health reasons they should be given the vaccine, but they are the exception not the rule.

I’ll tell you why vaccines probably aren’t as effective as we thought. The media and politicians have been telling lies about what vaccines actually do.

The vaccines were designed to reduce symptomatic and sever cases. They have done a great job at that. Reducing transmission is not what the vaccines were designed to do, it’s just as added bonus if this happens. So far we know vaccinated people are still spreading covid. So the messaging around vaccines is flawed. I think people expected unicorns with vaccines, they didn’t realize vaccines just mean we have to live with covid just like we live with the flu.

I don’t even know why we toss around the term herd immunity anymore. It should just be stated herd immunity is not a possibility.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

You don’t appear to understand how vaccines are created.

They aren’t “designed” either to prevent infection, or to reduce symptoms. Nobody sat in a lab and said “today I’m going to work on a vaccine that reduces symptoms but doesn’t prevent infection”, or vice versa.

Vaccines are designed only to trigger an early immune response when your body encounters the virus. Everyone hopes that this will *both* greatly reduce the chance of the virus spreading unchecked through your body *and* reduce the symptoms if it does.

The only way to know about either or both effects is to measure them, and the only way to do that is to compare infection rates and outcomes between vaccinated and unvaccinated.

The COVID vaccines probably are less effective than originally thought, or have become so against, for instance, the delta variant, that didn’t exist when the initial vaccines were developed. That doesn’t mean media and politicians have been lying.

Your tone of continuing hysterical conspiracy doesn’t do credit to your obvious intelligence.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Can’t wait for all the pro vaccine Karen’s to scream bloody murder when the government demands their 5 years olds get the shot. :mrgreen:

Let’s Go Brandon

Return to “Covid”