B.C. health-care workers respond to 'slap in the face' protests outside hospitals

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

B.C. health-care workers respond to 'slap in the face' protests outside hospitals

Post by dialdriver »

“What a disgusting, misguided display of disrespect and ignorance,” wrote Kelowna General worker Jessica-Leigh Sandberg, in a post that went viral on Facebook.

“You have made us feel deeply disrespected,” wrote Dr. Kari Way, describing nurses in tears, ambulances unable to access the emergency department and loud car horns distressing elderly and delirious patients. “Our nurses and staff are stellar - and they are burning out. Morale is low. Tensions are high. Beds are full.”

“His oxygen was so low it was not compatible with life,” she recalled. “And he said, 'Well I was waiting for FDA approval because I need more proof.'"

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/b-c-health ... -1.5571999
---------- ADS -----------

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: B.C. health-care workers respond to 'slap in the face' protests outside hospitals

Post by ReserveTank »

dialdriver wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:04 pm high. Beds are full.”

“His oxygen was so low it was not compatible with life,” she recalled. “And he said, 'Well I was waiting for FDA approval because I need more proof.'"
LOL at the pseudo-journalism. Someone here told me that anecdotes aren't science. Nothing so see here.

dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: B.C. health-care workers respond to 'slap in the face' protests outside hospitals

Post by dialdriver »

ReserveTank wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:18 pm

LOL at the pseudo-journalism. Someone here told me that anecdotes aren't science. Nothing so see here.
You're saying this didn't actually happen?

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

Things that happen every day at hospitals:
People walk out after saying goodbye to their Mother for the last time.
People arrive frantic after a call that their child has been taken by ambulance to emergency.
Parents get in their car, exhausted, after their fourth visit to the NICU that day.
Friends wait patiently outside while their buddy waits for a psych evaluation for suicidal ideation.
Elderly husbands sit in their car while their elderly wife has a bone set from a fall.
Dozens of life altering events that have people at their most stressed, most fatigued or most worried. Many people at the hospital are having the worst day of their life.

None of those people should have to work their way through a mob of screaming idiots.

Never protest at a hospital. It doesn't make you "woke," it makes you an arsehole.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

dialdriver wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:26 pm

It's theatre. Completely anecdotal. It reads like an opinion column, except that a fifth grader could do better journalism than this.
They know one demographic that is holding out, so they have to run these stories to scare them.
However, there's a huge unvaxed demographic spilling over the border, and there are no sob stories about it. Interesting.

Hot Wings
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hot Wings »

ReserveTank wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:12 am

there's a huge unvaxed demographic spilling over the border, and there are no sob stories about it. Interesting.
Huh?

dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by dialdriver »

ReserveTank wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:12 am

It's theatre. Completely anecdotal. It reads like an opinion column, except that a fifth grader could do better journalism than this.
They know one demographic that is holding out, so they have to run these stories to scare them.
However, there's a huge unvaxed demographic spilling over the border, and there are no sob stories about it. Interesting.
You didn't answer my question. Are you saying this didn't happen?

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

AirFrame wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:05 am Things that happen every day at hospitals:
People walk out after saying goodbye to their Mother for the last time.
People arrive frantic after a call that their child has been taken by ambulance to emergency.
Parents get in their car, exhausted, after their fourth visit to the NICU that day.
Friends wait patiently outside while their buddy waits for a psych evaluation for suicidal ideation.
Elderly husbands sit in their car while their elderly wife has a bone set from a fall.
Dozens of life altering events that have people at their most stressed, most fatigued or most worried. Many people at the hospital are having the worst day of their life.

None of those people should have to work their way through a mob of screaming idiots.

Never protest at a hospital. It doesn't make you "woke," it makes you an arsehole.
Yes, yes and yes to all of the above.

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

ReserveTank wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:12 am It's theatre. Completely anecdotal. It reads like an opinion column, except that a fifth grader could do better journalism than this.
Every post from ReserveTank follows the misinformation playbook: deny, denigrate the capability of the reporter, make false allegations of a hidden agenda, misdirect to a false narrative. Who pays for this?

Return to “Covid”