Ivermectin-Disinformation of the century

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Ivermectin-Disinformation of the century

Post by TG »

altiplano wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:31 am

Science and realty isn't dictated by consensus, it isn't driven by dogma. We're going back to the dark ages the way people are(n't) thinking.
Huh!? Don't call that a "We"
You are the one going back to the dark age not me.
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

altiplano wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:31 am Science and realty isn't dictated by consensus, it isn't driven by dogma. We're going back to the dark ages the way people are(n't) thinking.
You're taking a very 21st century view about what science is, and who does it. For all of mankind's progress, science has been "done" by a few individuals at the top of their game, and the rest of society, by going along for the ride (mostly in a state of complete ignorance), has got the benefits. I don't mean the heroes of science that we can all name, the field is wider than that, but nevertheless the number of people who actually do science is a vanishingly small proportion of "people".

The rest of us are welcome to be interested observers, but we are not talking about politics, and not all people get the same say in "science". Just like not everyone gets to pilot the airliner, or perform medical operations or command an army. It's such a new concept that we're all experts in everything (driven by the internet and the fact we can all read Wikipedia pages, I think) but it's not actually true.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

You both don't understand what I said.

Off you go into your brave new world.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

altiplano wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:23 pm You both don't understand what I said.
Both or neither?

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by dialdriver »

altiplano wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:23 pm You both don't understand what I said.

Off you go into your brave new world.
Nobody understands what you're saying.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cities/l ... 66925.html

Good news or incongruous data ?

“Uttar Pradesh was the first state in the country to introduce large-scale prophylactic and therapeutic use of Ivermectin. In May-June 2020, a team at Agra, led by Dr. Anshul Pareek, administered Ivermectin to all RRT team members in the district on an experimental basis. It was observed that none of them developed Covid-19 despite being in daily contact with patients who had tested positive for the virus,” Uttar Pradesh State Surveillance Officer Vikssendu Agrawal said.

He added that based on the findings from Agra, the state government sanctioned the use of Ivermectin as a prophylactic for all the contacts of Covid patients and later cleared the administration of therapeutic doses for the treatment of such patients.

deadbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by deadbear »

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... vermectin/

Uttar Pradesh in India has won the battle against Covid with Ivermectin. How much more evidence does one need. Pretty much 2/3rds the population of the US and no were close to the vaccination rate. Japan will be next. Even the Philippines is now 100% in.

Zero Covid deaths in India’s Uttar Pradesh success will not be kept from the world. IVM vs the vaccine, one is 100% safe and effective the other time will tell. Time will show IVM and the censorship on its success as the greatest crime against humanity.

Posthumane
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Posthumane »

Uttar Pradesh was a huge success case. In fact, if you look at two Indian provinces that are next to each other geographically, you can clearly see which one adopted the use of this drug and which one didn't:
pradesh.png
pradesh.png (43.28 KiB) Viewed 1715 times
It's such a blatant difference that there is no denying the absolute effectiveness of this drug. Now, what's that word for when I select specific examples that support my cause but ignore all the examples that don't?

"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it." -George Bernard Shaw
deadbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by deadbear »

108C2FB9-02A9-401B-9EF0-094A96D9C4FA.jpeg
108C2FB9-02A9-401B-9EF0-094A96D9C4FA.jpeg (224.83 KiB) Viewed 1656 times
The province you are comparing above are using IVM. My example above would be two neighboring provinces with differing treatment views. Can you guess which one is not onboard with IVM.

Posthumane
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Posthumane »

Show me something that says MP has a treatment protocol involving ivermectin and that you didn't just plainly make that up.

Also, on what map are UP and Kerala neighbouring provinces? They're literally on opposite ends of the country. I suppose you could be forgiven for not knowing that since you just faithfully copied that graphic from the gateway pundit without checking into it.

"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it." -George Bernard Shaw
deadbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by deadbear »

F26F4F5C-F1CC-4EAF-AB64-2CA1E2BB5E82.jpeg
F26F4F5C-F1CC-4EAF-AB64-2CA1E2BB5E82.jpeg (126.66 KiB) Viewed 1600 times
and then we have IVM and Africa

deadbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by deadbear »

https://www.thedesertreview.com/opinion ... 19364.html
:rolleyes:

India and the IVM blackout on their success.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/27/health/c ... index.html

Covid treatment pills on the way. Curios what’s in the pills, maybe a lot like ivermectin, but with a small change and a new name. Make that 2 dollar generic drug into a 1k Covid treatment! :lol:

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

montado wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:46 am https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/27/health/c ... index.html

Covid treatment pills on the way. Curios what’s in the pills, maybe a lot like ivermectin, but with a small change and a new name. Make that 2 dollar generic drug into a 1k Covid treatment! :lol:
@#$! me, you're a genius. It's the same stuff, I can't understand how nobody noticed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molnupiravir
440px-MK-4482.svg.png
440px-MK-4482.svg.png (9.01 KiB) Viewed 1321 times

Horse dewormer:
600px-Ivermectin_skeletal.svg.png
600px-Ivermectin_skeletal.svg.png (24.75 KiB) Viewed 1321 times

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

Ah yes, "horse dewormer" is the hot new catch phrase of society's control group.

Even though its been used as an anti-parasitic treatment on humans for years and years

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Does it, or does it not deworm horses? :)

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

photofly wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:48 am Does it, or does it not deworm horses? :)
It does!

This is why I call airplanes twin tower destroyer ships! They have multiple capabilities!

I call long guns assault rifles, because hunting rifles can be used to kill people!

You can label any item you like as anything you might use it for. “I identify ivermectin as a horse dewormer”. Let’s be honest at least ivermectin is actually used for deworming. In today’s world it’s perfectly acceptable to identify as something completely unscientific and based solely on belief. “I identify as a dinosaur”- says all the retired pilots on avcanada… okay, well I can’t disagree with that!

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Looking at the history of ivermectin, it was invented as an anti-parasitic for use in animals. If we trust wikipedia:
Merck began marketing ivermectin as a veterinary antiparasitic in 1981.[7] By 1986, ivermectin was registered for use in 46 countries and was administered massively to cattle, sheep and other animals.[64] By the late 1980s, ivermectin was the bestselling veterinary medicine in the world.[7] Following its blockbuster success as a veterinary antiparasitic, another Merck scientist, Mohamed Aziz, collaborated with the World Health Organization to test the safety and efficacy of ivermectin against onchocerciasis in humans.[65]
Given that it was the best selling veterinary medicine in the world and until Covid almost nobody had heard of it for use in humans, I don't feel too off the mark calling it a horse dewormer.

On a side note, I see:
The initial price proposed by Merck in 1987 was US$6 per treatment, unaffordable for most patients in Africa.[67] The company donated hundreds of millions of courses of treatments since 1988 in more than 30 countries.
Let's call out ethical behaviour by drug companies when we see it, shall we?

Now, I need to go fire up my twin tower destroyer ship and fly around the GTA.

deadbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by deadbear »

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths
covid deaths per million.PNG
covid deaths per million.PNG (184.49 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
covid cases per million.PNG
covid cases per million.PNG (184.91 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
Japan and India for the win. As predicted IVM for the win in another country Japan. Japan saw a 75% decrease in hospitalizations over the last month. Only change Ivermectin.

With more than 2.5 billion doses given to humans over the last 30 years and yet the uninformed only see this as a drug for horses. The goal should be to end Covid nothing more can we agree on that. If Japan and India can do it yet North American politicians only see a jab in everyone's arm as the only solution, I am sorry but numerous far safer and effective treatment options exist that are far better than the jab. But lets all line up for the third dose every six months so we can keep our vaccine passport valid.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Like everyone else, I hope you’re right, but I’m still going to wait for horse dewormer to be approved by Health Canada for Covid before heading down to the equine supplies store.

Return to “Covid”