From last year's heroes, to this year's enemy

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: From last year's heroes, to this year's enemy

Post by Meatservo »

Capt. Underpants wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:55 pm

"its dumb" because you dont understand it. You sound like a typical Encore pilot who picks up garbage for 39k a year

You’re wrong by a factor of 10 - and change. I take comfort in knowing that you couldn’t possibly work for my operation because you’d never get past the personality profile screening. I can here the assessor now. “Don’t hire this one. He’s your next accident.”
Encore pilots pick up garbage for over 390K a year?!?
---------- ADS -----------

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
Capt. Underpants
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Capt. Underpants »

Where did I say I worked for Encore? He attempted to muzzle me with a lame insult. Seems that’s all he has because he certainly can’t deal with factual rebuttals.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Suspended workers have until early October to get 1st first shots or face termination
They can go make a tiktok video and then go pound salt. I told you the system would start eating its own.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Won’t be any time for silly tick toc videos after they can 17,000 in Quebec alone. :rolleyes:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal ... -1.6191433

Let’s Go Brandon
ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Inverted2 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:02 am Won’t be any time for silly tick toc videos after they can 17,000 in Quebec alone. :rolleyes:

It's well deserved. They're canning them in NYC also.
This will of course cause a further "healthcare" worker shortage, artificially exacerbating the problem, and creating plenty of opportunity for the media to sow further panic.
I love it when the system comes after its own useful idiots. They just needed these hospital workers to tiktok long enough to betray their own countrymen. Mission accomplished--gulag mode ON.

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

Can we please stop posting this garbage? The government has implemented a mandate. This was upheld after an election. Yes, you don't like the consequences. Fine. I don't like the approach ban either but it's still law. It's a stupid law but it's still a law.
Either get the jab or get off the seniority list. Stop whining.

kgb531
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kgb531 »

17,000 cleaners, CCA's and PSW's. Given RN's, LPN's and physicians are >97% vaccinated there will be some unclean rooms and difficulties turning patients until 17,000 replacement personnel can receive their degrees. Correction, a few weeks until somebody can print out their new work certificates.
Inverted2 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:02 am Won’t be any time for silly tick toc videos after they can 17,000 in Quebec alone. :rolleyes:

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Arnie Pye wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:25 pm Can we please stop posting this garbage? The government has implemented a mandate. This was upheld after an election. Yes, you don't like the consequences. Fine. I don't like the approach ban either but it's still law. It's a stupid law but it's still a law.
Either get the jab or get off the seniority list. Stop whining.
Some probably aren’t happy they can’t toke up in the cockpit either.

No pleasing some people….

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Capt. Underpants wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:03 pm Where did I say I worked for Encore? He attempted to muzzle me with a lame insult. Seems that’s all he has because he certainly can’t deal with factual rebuttals.
I didn't realize that being a pilot with Encore was something that people were supposed to be ashamed of.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

kgb531 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:11 pm 17,000 cleaners, CCA's and PSW's. Given RN's, LPN's and physicians are >97% vaccinated there will be some unclean rooms and difficulties turning patients until 17,000 replacement personnel can receive their degrees. Correction, a few weeks until somebody can print out their new work certificates.

I know a few nurses who aren’t getting the shot. One is retiring early. Had enough. It’s not just the cleaners at the hospitals that don’t want it. I also wonder how many Air Canada ground staff will be out November 1. Not like they’re short staffed now. I guess my 1 hr wait for agents or ramp crew will now be 3 hours. :mrgreen:

Let’s Go Brandon
mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

My guess would be that those people who can afford to retire, or have another gig that doesn't require vaccination will pull the pin - if they feel that strongly asbout it. The rest of them will puff loudly about their rights up until their next mortgage/rent/car payment comes due, and then roll up their sleeves post-haste..

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!

Return to “Covid”