Did You Get Gaslit?

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Did You Get Gaslit?

Post by telex »

“Canadian military leaders saw the pandemic as a unique opportunity to test out propaganda techniques on an unsuspecting public..."

Are you a vax loving, booster adoring, freedom pass savant?

Do you believe your clear and rational thinking was affected by the covert government psych ops directed at you?
---------- ADS -----------

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
jponline77
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Did You Get Gaslit?

Post by jponline77 »

Posted something here but changed my mind... Don't want to get into COVID debate on an aviation message board...

Last edited by jponline77 on Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

There’s more than a few god fearing Church of Covid retards on this site. Brainwashed simps.

Let’s Go Brandon
telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

jponline77 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:36 pm Posted something here but changed my mind... Don't want to get into COVID debate on an aviation message board...
Your post blamed the Russians for gaslighting the antivax crowd. Don't be shy, tell us more.

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
jponline77
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jponline77 »

telex wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:50 pm
jponline77 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:36 pm Posted something here but changed my mind... Don't want to get into COVID debate on an aviation message board...
Your post blamed the Russians for gaslighting the antivax crowd. Don't be shy, tell us more.
Let's just say there are two very different realities and sets of facts around a lot of what is happening with COVID and with politics. Each side is convinced that the other is being misled, misinformed and lied to. Each side thinks the other must be on the verge of being mentally ill to believe what they believe about vaccines, COVID or politics. When the two sides talk about things unrelated to politics or COVID (like airplanes) they are likely agree on the set of facts and can have an intelligent debate.

What is the point, on an aviation forum, for me to try to discuss COVID when we likely don't agree on a basic set of facts? We can talk about planes and we will probably be good friends. Debate COVID or politics and we probably won't get along.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

jponline77 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:54 pm
telex wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:50 pm
Let's just say there are two very different realities and sets of facts around a lot of what is happening with COVID and with politics. Each side is convinced that the other is being misled, misinformed and lied to. Each side thinks the other must be on the verge of being mentally ill to believe what they believe about vaccines, COVID or politics. When the two sides talk about things unrelated to politics or COVID (like airplanes) they are likely agree on the set of facts and can have an intelligent debate.

What is the point, on an aviation forum, for me to try to discuss COVID when we likely don't agree on a basic set of facts? We can talk about planes and we will probably be good friends. Debate COVID or politics and we probably won't get along.
The difference between the anti-vax and pro-vax camps are that anti-vaxxers do not have science or statistics backing up their claims.

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

The difference between the anti-vax and pro-vax camps are that anti-vaxxers do not have science or statistics backing up their claims.
Whoops! You got gaslit and you don't even realize it. Because science. Or something.

With "'an abundance of caution,' the Ontario government is recommending that people 18 to 24 be immunized with the Pfizer vaccine instead of the one made by Moderna, due to concerns of the higher risk of myocarditis or pericarditis".

jponline77
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jponline77 »

imjustlurking wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:12 am
I've seen anti-vax try to use science too. They do it when it's convenient to their argument. The biggest difference is the quality of the arguments used. For example, say there is a rare side effect that is more common in 18-24 year olds and more common with one brand of vaccine than another. The science (i.e. gathering data, interpreting it and drawing conclusions from it) says that less people would get this rare complication if they did not use the brand that had higher occurrences. This rare side effect is also much more likely to occur if you get COVID than from the vaccine.

The anti-vax without the strongest grasp on logical arguments might call this evolving science "gas-lighting." Hence showing the weakness in their ability to use critical thinking skills and create clear and logical arguments.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

jponline77 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:54 pm When the two sides talk about things unrelated to politics or COVID (like airplanes) they are likely agree on the set of facts and can have an intelligent debate.
Correct.

When we talk about aviation we are likely to agree because we, I hope, know what we are talking about---> Hint: It is our field of expertise!
When we talk about Covid, the pro-vax's clan will rely on Virologists and Scientists recommandations---> Hint: It is their field of expertise!
(Not the one of a pilot group)

The anti-vax's clan on the other end will think they know what they are talking about---> Hint: It is absolutely NOT their field of expertise!
And that's the annoying part...

Before someone pull out a few doctors names here and there that are anti-vax, There is nutters in each profession...

stef
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by stef »

If only there were real experts in the medical field that could be relied on. Then we could just all do what they say and be done with all this having to do the research ourselves.

I’ve got a pretty big idea to solve our problem so hear me out. Maybe we, as a society, could pick ordinary citizens to be our leaders. We could choose anyone who volunteers to step up to lead us through a process we decide on. I don’t know. Maybe by voting. This would be government by us! Then these leaders could choose experts in their respective fields to determine public policy for us. Maybe I’m too utopian, but wow what a fantastic place that would be.

jponline77
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jponline77 »

stef wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:38 am I’ve got a pretty big idea to solve our problem so hear me out. Maybe we, as a society, could pick ordinary citizens to be our leaders. We could choose anyone who volunteers to step up to lead us through a process we decide on. I don’t know. Maybe by voting. This would be government by us! Then these leaders could choose experts in their respective fields to determine public policy for us. Maybe I’m too utopian, but wow what a fantastic place that would be.
TG wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:32 am When we talk about aviation we are likely to agree because we, I hope, know what we are talking about---> Hint: It is our field of expertise!
When we talk about Covid, the pro-vax's clan will rely on Virologists and Scientists recommandations---> Hint: It is their field of expertise!
(Not the one of a pilot group)
It's been so long since I used forums like this, I forgot how annoying it is there is no "like" button.

Well said. A reprieve from the "Freeman of the Land" and "You are all going to die from the vaccine!" posts on some other threads that really make me think they need to add a mental evaluation to the pilot licensing requirements.

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

I will ask again. Did you get gaslit?

China PCR Test Orders Soared Before First Reported COVID Case, Government Contracts Show Surges in Wuhan-Area Purchases Starting May 2019

https://humanevents.com/2021/10/04/brea ... -may-2019/

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

telex wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:50 pm “Canadian military leaders saw the pandemic as a unique opportunity to test out propaganda techniques on an unsuspecting public..."

Do you believe your clear and rational thinking was affected by the covert government psych ops directed at you?
Okay. I've been gaslit. What do I do now? How do we stop this from happening again?

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

Bingo Fuel wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:14 pm
telex wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:50 pm “Canadian military leaders saw the pandemic as a unique opportunity to test out propaganda techniques on an unsuspecting public..."

Okay. I've been gaslit. What do I do now? How do we stop this from happening again?
Congratulations to you for realizing your gaslit situation!

Did you need my input on your journey to being gaslit?

No, you did not. It is entirely on you for being gaslit.

What you do next is up to you.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

telex wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:40 pm
Bingo Fuel wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:14 pm

Congratulations to you for realizing your gaslit situation!

Did you need my input on your journey to being gaslit?

No, you did not. It is entirely on you for being gaslit.

What you do next is up to you.
No, you’ve been gaslit.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
jponline77
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jponline77 »

Yes, humanevents.com, a website setup by Republican political activists from Turning Point USA. They would be committed to tell you the truth all the time? Right? Oh wait, they have a clear political agenda. The irony of the person claiming gas lighting, literally quoting a website specifically setup to gaslight people.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

6 months jail for leaving quarantine. Up to 10 years in Britain.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-53903498

Beat your wife and 5 year old with a weapon in canada? Zip.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.6201263

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

Raise your hand if you have been gaslit.

"Justin Trudeau has just made it so that you can not leave the country without taking his vaccine."

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

telex wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:21 am Raise your hand if you have been gaslit.

"Justin Trudeau has just made it so that you can not leave the country without taking his vaccine."
So what are we going to do to stop him?

There have been protests in the streets every weekend. Workers from the aviation industry protested in Ottawa last fall.

There was an election, and this was a ballot issue. He still won.

What's left? Nothing we have tried has worked, and now dozens of us will lose our jobs.

Complaining online doesn't seem to make a difference.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
stef
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by stef »

You could get vaccinated.

Return to “Covid”