Pre entry test requirements

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Pre entry test requirements

Post by digits_ »

Hi all,

I was wondering if there has been any government communication regarding changes to the pre entry test requirement for fully vaccinated travellers?
Acoording to this website, even fully vaccinated travellers need a pre entry test: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/trave ... nto-canada

What's the process when you were to arrive as the pilot in a private airplane from the US to Canada: does the same CBSA agent who checks your passport also checks your test result? Is there any chance for an additional random test?

Thanks,
digits
---------- ADS -----------

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Pre entry test requirements

Post by Jet Jockey »

By private aircraft, do you mean as in one flying himself like driving a car or a private aircraft being flown by professional pilots?

Private aircrafts as in corporate aircrafts with hired flight crews do not require a test but I suspect (my opinion), that a person flying his own aircraft would be subject to a test.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Jet Jockey wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:34 am By private aircraft, do you mean as in one flying himself like driving a car or a private aircraft being flown by professional pilots?

Private aircrafts as in corporate aircrafts with hired flight crews do not require a test but I suspect (my opinion), that a person flying his own aircraft would be subject to a test.
Would be me flying a private airplane with my wife who is not a pilot (so definitely not a crew member).

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

A gazillion flight attendants will be surprised to learn you need to be a pilot to be a crew member :-)

Assign her some duties. Bingo - she’s crew.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broken_slinky »

photofly wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:04 amAssign her some duties. Bingo - she’s crew.
I have my non-pilot wife listed as crew on my cross border paperwork. She's capable of reading frequencies off charts and verifying that I heard ATC correctly. Even passes me the odd bottle of water when parched. She's also taken the "co-pilot" course so in the event of an emergency, she's definitely more than a passenger.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

photofly wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:04 am A gazillion flight attendants will be surprised to learn you need to be a pilot to be a crew member :-)

Assign her some duties. Bingo - she’s crew.
Fair enough, I stand corrected.

Would we need a pre entry test though in that case?

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

I only answer the easy questions…

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.

Return to “Covid”