Air Canada pilot refuses to get vaccinated, in peril of losing job

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Air Canada pilot refuses to get vaccinated, in peril of losing job

Post by Invertago »

imjustlurking wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:59 pm All of this bickering is quite entertaining. Please continue.

At the end of the day, in order to fly commercially in Canada, you will need to be fully vaccinated by November 30, 2021. I don't see that restriction being lifted until at least the end of 2022.

The reality is, we're arguing and only getting each other riled up, but what we all agree on is that we don't like Trudeau... :orcass:
Wasn't the deadline Nov 1st not 30th?
---------- ADS -----------

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

pecessix wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:51 pm I may have told you I was vaxxed... Which is true, I am vaccinated.
So you are a vaccinated anti-vax!?
Basically trolling around or what?

Not sure why you are one of those complaining about vaccination as you seems quite alive and well, maybe not getting proper 5G reception though....

But hey! Can't have it all :mrgreen:

The Prof
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by The Prof »

737Maximilian wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:09 pm Their return to flying depends entirely on the prompt return to normalcy only the mass-vaccination of our society can provide.
Tell that to the entire population of Sweden, who never had to give up "normalcy". If you actually believe what you said you really are indoctrinated. :lol:

The Prof
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by The Prof »

Old fella wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:08 am Question. Could other flight crew members refuse assignments with this FO since he/she has publicly stated no vaccination status. For example could a fully vaccinated Captain refuse to fly trips with this FO due to close contact cockpit environment, citing safety and more importantly his/her health, especially if said Captain has young kids at home.

PS reverse question as well fully vaccinated FO vs an unwilling not vaccinated Captain.
If you're vaccinated why are you worried about your safety? I thought the vaccines were 100% safe and effective? It's the unvaccinated who are at risk, is it not???

Rocinante
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Rocinante »

Invertago wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:47 pm
imjustlurking wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:59 pm All of this bickering is quite entertaining. Please continue.

At the end of the day, in order to fly commercially in Canada, you will need to be fully vaccinated by November 30, 2021. I don't see that restriction being lifted until at least the end of 2022.

The reality is, we're arguing and only getting each other riled up, but what we all agree on is that we don't like Trudeau... :orcass:
I believe Oct 31 was for crew, Nov 30 was for pax

pecessix
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by pecessix »

TG wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:21 am
pecessix wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:51 pm I may have told you I was vaxxed... Which is true, I am vaccinated.
So you are a vaccinated anti-vax!?
Basically trolling around or what?

Not sure why you are one of those complaining about vaccination as you seems quite alive and well, maybe not getting proper 5G reception though....

But hey! Can't have it all :mrgreen:
As I've said, being against the covid vaccine doesn't mean being an anti-vax (against all vaccines).

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Invertago wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:47 pm

This whole thing is a mess, hence why you are confused.
Also effective October 30, travellers departing from Canadian airports, and travellers on VIA Rail and Rocky Mountaineer trains, will be required to be fully vaccinated in order to travel. To allow travellers time to become fully vaccinated, there will be a short transition period where they will be able to travel if they show a valid COVID-19 molecular test within 72 hours of travel as an alternative to providing proof of full vaccination. If travellers have not already started the vaccination process, or do not start soon, they risk not qualifying for travel as of November 30.
Source

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CYERCaptainPooping »

A case should be made to mandate the flu vaccine this winter. I hard this flu season could be bad because of the masking we did last winter. One can hope they make it mandatory as I also don’t want to fly with anyone with no flu vaccine.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:15 am A case should be made to mandate the flu vaccine this winter. I hard this flu season could be bad because of the masking we did last winter. One can hope they make it mandatory as I also don’t want to fly with anyone with no flu vaccine.
A case should be made to mandate you to take a boatload of laxative. I heard that you are so backed up with shit that it's spewing out of your mouth.

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

imjustlurking wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:27 am
CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:15 am A case should be made to mandate the flu vaccine this winter. I hard this flu season could be bad because of the masking we did last winter. One can hope they make it mandatory as I also don’t want to fly with anyone with no flu vaccine.
A case should be made to mandate you to take a boatload of laxative. I heard that you are so backed up with shit that it's spewing out of your mouth.
Problem is flu symptoms are going to cause lots of lost time in the workplace. Every cough or sneeze and people think they have covid. For airlines to prevent lost time and spread of flu and covid it’s the only logical policy to keep productivity high and everyone safe.

Without mandatory flu vaccines this will creat many problems for airlines and other industries.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:12 pm
imjustlurking wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:27 am
Problem is flu symptoms are going to cause lots of lost time in the workplace. Every cough or sneeze and people think they have covid. For airlines to prevent lost time and spread of flu and covid it’s the only logical policy to keep productivity high and everyone safe.

Without mandatory flu vaccines this will creat many problems for airlines and other industries.
I for one will be getting my flu shot this year, but let's be honest here... the flu is awful, but it is far less transmissible than COVID.

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Person to Person. People with flu can spread it to others up to about 6 feet away. Most experts think that flu viruses spread mainly by droplets made when people with flu cough, sneeze or talk. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs. Less often, a person might get flu by touching a surface or object that has flu virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes. When Flu Spreads People with flu are most contagious in the first three to four days after their illness begins. Most healthy adults may be able to infect others beginning 1 day before symptoms develop and up to 5 to 7 days after becoming sick. Children and some people with weakened immune systems may pass the virus for longer than 7 days. Symptoms can begin about 2 days (but can range from 1 to 4 days) after the virus enters the body. That means that you may be able to pass on the flu to someone else before you know you are sick, as well as while you are sick. Some people can be infected with a flu virus but have no symptoms. During this time, those people may still spread the virus to others.

The flu spreads very similar to covid according to cdc.

I have heard there are talks about mandatory flu vaccines as they want to develop it to a similar mRNA vaccine. So far from what we have learned about covid this will be important going forward to protect people.

beaverbob
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by beaverbob »

Dr Robert Malone started developing mRNA vaccinations in 1984 and is credited with being the designer inventor of the Vaccine.
Here is an interview with him worth watching. As an expert this should give you an understanding why a number of people are a bit concerned about these vaccines.
To set your mind at ease, look up Novavax and Johnson and Johnson, traditional Corona 19 vaccinations, along the lines of the ones we would have received for things like measles, etc.

https://rumble.com/vnpbdv-jim-hale-inte ... eNews&ep=2

https://www.verywellhealth.com/novavax- ... ne-5093292

Bob Bates

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

beaverbob wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:24 pm Dr Robert Malone started developing mRNA vaccinations in 1984 and is credited with being the designer inventor of the Vaccine.
Here is an interview with him worth watching. As an expert this should give you an understanding why a number of people are a bit concerned about these vaccines.
To set your mind at ease, look up Novavax and Johnson and Johnson, traditional Corona 19 vaccinations, along the lines of the ones we would have received for things like measles, etc.

https://rumble.com/vnpbdv-jim-hale-inte ... eNews&ep=2

https://www.verywellhealth.com/novavax- ... ne-5093292

Bob Bates
Wilbur and Orville Wright are concerned about flying machines that fly at 40,000 feet at speeds nearing the speed of sound.

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:34 pm
'97 Tercel wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:57 pm
Yeah but it’s more likely to mutate with all the unvaccinated so this is the problem. If they would get vaccinated this could have been over months ago. Anyways, when I fly I ask my fellow crew if they are vaccinated. If they are not i ask them to wear a mask the whole flight and I also wear my mask. This shit could be over but they are just selfish antivax.
And also, you sound like an moron.
You sound like a covitard antivax plaguerat covidiot trump loving antimasker.

Wear a mask, get your Vax, or stay the hell away from me.
All great points, but you missed...and wash your filthy hands!
Also..(I hope mandatory masks and sanitize stations remain in force in public places, until after the flu season!)

Keep the dirty side down.
'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

Well you guys could have a bubble bath then find a nice safe-space in your home until this is all done in a couple years. We'll woke you up when it's all over...

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

'97 Tercel wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:20 pm Well you guys could have a bubble bath then find a nice safe-space in your home until this is all done in a couple years. We'll woke you up when it's all over...
That's the second time that I have seen you make your "safe-space" joke. Let's be real here... the unvaccinated are the ones that are going to be out of a job, staying home, starting October 30.

Enjoy the time off.

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

safe space

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

FOD wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:31 am
imjustlurking wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:37 pm
'97 Tercel wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:20 pm Well you guys could have a bubble bath then find a nice safe-space in your home until this is all done in a couple years. We'll woke you up when it's all over...
That's the second time that I have seen you make your "safe-space" joke. Let's be real here... the unvaccinated are the ones that are going to be out of a job, staying home, starting October 30.

Enjoy the time off.

Easy now your Trumpesque authoritarianism is showing. Why can’t you pandemicists just let go of your hate?
Thank you for your attempt to compare me to Trump, but let me correct you on a few items.

Trump is anti-vax and anti-science/common-sense in general.

My comment was regarding a Trudeau mandate.

There is a pandemic by definition. Any attempt to deny that is stupid. Whether you believe the seriousness of the virus or not, denying that there is a pandemic is as inaccurate as saying that airplanes only fly by God's will.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

FOD wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:52 am You contradict yourself multiple times with the above statement. You have zero credibility. Stop your hate. Stop your discrimination. Stop your pandemicism. Ask yourself why you are so hateful. I’m just trying to help. Take it for what it’s worth. Practice a little CRM.
Like I said before, enjoy your extended vacation. I'm sorry that you feel hated because I said that.

Return to “Covid”