Air Canada pilot refuses to get vaccinated, in peril of losing job

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Air Canada pilot refuses to get vaccinated, in peril of losing job

Post by dialdriver »

palebird wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:52 am My gosh people. This is a casedemic. The health authorities are using cases to justify vaccines. The PCR test is open to rampant misuse and they are doing just that. If they magnify the test by 40 times (so called cycle rate) they can find anything. Including Covid. Because one thing is clear. Covid will be found in everybody that is tested. It is endemic. Never going away. And for the majority of people it means nothing. Except if you happen to have an agenda, such as the government of Canada. Taking an experimental vaccine may or may not help you. Jury is still out. The world population is the clinical trial test. Cool. You are far better off living healthy in my humble opinion.
Fact Check- COVID-19 vaccines are not experimental and they have not skipped trial stages 

https://www.reuters.com/article/factche ... SL1N2M70MW
---------- ADS -----------

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

Although the PCR test has its faults, Covid is certainly not found in everyone tested. I have plenty of friends who were tested many times and always tested negative. One was tested 29 times throughout the pandemic so far for personal and work travel and has yet to test positive.

737Maximilian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 737Maximilian »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:02 am Just had to point out that the fact you think mass-vaccination is the silver bullet to end the pandemic is laughable. Vaccine uptake is higher than ever, and cases continue to climb. Keep dreaming.
Have you heard of the delta variant? Either way, one only needs to look to Alberta to see the vaccinated aren't what's stretching their healthcare system thin.
palebird wrote: Taking an experimental vaccine may or may not help you. Jury is still out.
At what point would you consider the vaccines non-experimental? How many experts need to declare the vaccines safe and effective?
palebird wrote: You are far better off living healthy in my humble opinion.
I guarantee most of the unvaccinated people dying in the ICU right now felt the same way.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:02 am
737Maximilian wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:09 pm Their return to flying depends entirely on the prompt return to normalcy only the mass-vaccination of our society can provide.
Just had to point out that the fact you think mass-vaccination is the silver bullet to end the pandemic is laughable. Vaccine uptake is higher than ever, and cases continue to climb. Keep dreaming.
It’s not about the cases. It’s about the burden on the healthcare system.

Right now, by far the majority of ER and ICU patients are unvaccinated.

So if it’s as you say “vaccine uptake is higher than ever” then it’s the tiniest minority that has resulted in the near collapse of our healthcare system.

So the figure still isn’t high enough. It needs to be nearly total, or those who choose not to be vaccinated need to be excluded from society which is exactly what mandates and passports are all about.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
mrwhale
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mrwhale »

I also will not be vaccinated. The data is already out on mass clotting issues and permanent heart damage. Will only be time when you all lose your medicals. The way I figure it the vaxed have 6 months before they start dropping like flies. The ones left to keep flying will need to take some anti clotting approved medicine for the rest of your career. I will not support aborted fetal cell line research.

Another pilot just died in the states a few days after the forced vax. This one was in flight.
https://www.redvoicemedia.com/2021/10/s ... -required/

Wonder which airlines will have a large portion of their staff with short term and long term damage that will result in a great deal of their work force grounded.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Old fella wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:08 am Question. Could other flight crew members refuse assignments with this FO since he/she has publicly stated no vaccination status. For example could a fully vaccinated Captain refuse to fly trips with this FO due to close contact cockpit environment, citing safety and more importantly his/her health, especially if said Captain has young kids at home.

PS reverse question as well fully vaccinated FO vs an unwilling not vaccinated Captain.
No. You can refuse unsafe work, but being unvaccinated does not pose a clear and present danger. With that said, being unvaccinated means that you are at a higher risk of infection and serious complications. A pilot who is unvaccinated is a bigger danger to themselves and refusing to be vaccinated because you read something on Facebook shows a quality that is unbecoming of a professional.

And mrwhale, if you refuse to be vaccinated on the grounds that an individual in a group of billions (yes, billions worldwide) was injured, you are showing poor decision making skills. You should make sure that your girlfriend/wife/daughter(s) don't take birth control pills as they have a 1 in 100 chance of clotting.

Capt. Underpants
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Capt. Underpants »

palebird wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:52 am Except if you happen to have an agenda, such as the government of Canada.
Conspiracy theorists lack critical thinking skills. Surprised they needed a study to determine that.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/life/science ... QTEMKYYXF8

Capt. Underpants
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Capt. Underpants »

mrwhale wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:41 am I also will not be vaccinated. The data is already out on mass clotting issues and permanent heart damage. Will only be time when you all lose your medicals. The way I figure it the vaxed have 6 months before they start dropping like flies. The ones left to keep flying will need to take some anti clotting approved medicine for the rest of your career. I will not support aborted fetal cell line research.

Another pilot just died in the states a few days after the forced vax. This one was in flight.

Wonder which airlines will have a large portion of their staff with short term and long term damage that will result in a great deal of their work force grounded.
Best you find a rubber room and hook yourself up to a saline drip because you shouldn't be going anywhere. The whole world presents a greater risk to your health and safety than the vaccines do.

Oh, and seek help.

Last edited by Capt. Underpants on Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

mrwhale wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:41 am I also will not be vaccinated. The data is already out on mass clotting issues and permanent heart damage. Will only be time when you all lose your medicals. The way I figure it the vaxed have 6 months before they start dropping like flies. The ones left to keep flying will need to take some anti clotting approved medicine for the rest of your career. I will not support aborted fetal cell line research.

https://www.redvoicemedia.com/2021/10/s ... g-required
What was the flight number? The date? The pilot’s name? What was the route of flight? What airport did they divert to? Where is ANY official statement from Delta Airlines?

Oh I know. It’s all being suppressed by the government, Delta Airlines, and the MSM. They flew in a new pilot and the aircraft was repositioned with the passengers to Guantanamo Bay. They got the CIA to double tap all of his family members and they rounded up everyone in his neighbourhood to be shipped off to FEMA camps for sequestering and re-education.

Thank god for “news” sources like Red Voice Media otherwise we would never have found out. With nothing but some high school dropouts, a used server in a closet in a rented house, and zero field reporters they were able to pull the string that unravelled this entire conspiracy that goes all the way to the top.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
porcsord
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by porcsord »

I was going to write something about redvoicemedia... But Bob.... You'd have stolen my thunder. :prayer:

kgb531
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kgb531 »

May we quote you on the "dropping like flies" in 6 months? Or is it like 45's constantly revised statements that he will be reinstated in 2 weeks/2 months/6 months/9 months/12 months. Do we send money to Mike Lindell to support your cause?

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Every now and then the entertainment value on this site hits a new height of laughter - the bell has sounded :rolleyes:

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

737Maximilian wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:10 am
PostmasterGeneral wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:02 am Just had to point out that the fact you think mass-vaccination is the silver bullet to end the pandemic is laughable. Vaccine uptake is higher than ever, and cases continue to climb. Keep dreaming.
Have you heard of the delta variant? Either way, one only needs to look to Alberta to see the vaccinated aren't what's stretching their healthcare system thin.
palebird wrote: Taking an experimental vaccine may or may not help you. Jury is still out.
At what point would you consider the vaccines non-experimental? How many experts need to declare the vaccines safe and effective?
I guarantee most of the unvaccinated people dying in the ICU right now felt the same way.
Personally, I don’t care if people get vaccinated or not. That’s their choice, not mine or anyone else’s.

When we had no vaccines, we had fewer cases than we do now that over 80% of the populous is vaccinated. As I said before, vaccines are not the answer. We need to dispense with this mask nonsense post haste as well. Personally, I don’t mask anymore unless I’m at work. Those who are vaccinated shouldn’t have to mask either, it should be one or the other.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:27 pm
Personally, I don’t care if people get vaccinated or not. That’s their choice, not mine or anyone else’s.

When we had no vaccines, we had fewer cases than we do now that over 80% of the populous is vaccinated. As I said before, vaccines are not the answer. We need to dispense with this mask nonsense post haste as well. Personally, I don’t mask anymore unless I’m at work. Those who are vaccinated shouldn’t have to mask either, it should be one or the other.
You don't understand concepts more complex than 1+1=2. Wait until you learn how 10+10 can equal 4. The world is not a simple as you believe it to be.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

imjustlurking wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:32 pm
PostmasterGeneral wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:27 pm

You don't understand concepts more complex than 1+1=2. Wait until you learn how 10+10 can equal 4. The world is not a simple as you believe it to be.
Like I said above, I. Don't. Care.

Get the vaccine or don't, it doesn't affect my life whatsoever, so I go on living it how I choose to. The last two years have probably been the most relaxing for our entire family.

737Maximilian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 737Maximilian »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:27 pm When we had no vaccines, we had fewer cases than we do now that over 80% of the populous is vaccinated.
Again, we now have a much more transmissible variant of the virus circulating within our population. The fact there has been so few hospitalizations relative to the case numbers is a testament to the effectiveness of the vaccines.
PostmasterGeneral wrote:

Get the vaccine or don't, it doesn't affect my life whatsoever, so I go on living it how I choose to. The last two years have probably been the most relaxing for our entire family.
You should care. If nothing else, consider your family in this case. If we were to remove all restrictions like Alberta did, we'd likely end up in a similar predicament. Imagine if one of your loved ones got into a serious car accident and required an ICU bed for treatment. However, all the surplus beds have already been taken by anti-vaxxers due to COVID, preventing your loved one from getting the treatment they require. Are you beginning to see how this might affect you?

palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by palebird »

You do realize that it is a Covid protocol that a "Covid" patient be put in an ICU bed whether they need it or not. That is the source of this ICU bed shortage. And that you can be Covid positive with full vaccination. You do know that right? You should also realize that everyone has Covid in their system by now and if you continue testing and looking for Covid you will indeed find it. Question is what you going to do about it? Stay locked down forever? Or wake up?

737Maximilian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 737Maximilian »

palebird wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:29 am You do realize that it is a Covid protocol that a "Covid" patient be put in an ICU bed whether they need it or not.
You can't seriously believe that. If doctor's are having to triage patients, deciding who lives or dies, they're not going to be wasting these beds.
palebird wrote: And that you can be Covid positive with full vaccination
True, but the vaccines drastically reduce the transmissibility of the virus and the severity of the disease. No vaccine has ever been 100%, but their widespread use will eventually result in a herd immunity that can keep our hospitals from being overwhelmed.
palebird wrote: You should also realize that everyone has Covid in their system by now and if you continue testing and looking for Covid you will indeed find it"
There is zero proof of this.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

737Maximilian wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:36 am
PostmasterGeneral wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:27 pm When we had no vaccines, we had fewer cases than we do now that over 80% of the populous is vaccinated.
Again, we now have a much more transmissible variant of the virus circulating within our population. The fact there has been so few hospitalizations relative to the case numbers is a testament to the effectiveness of the vaccines.
PostmasterGeneral wrote:

You should care. If nothing else, consider your family in this case. If we were to remove all restrictions like Alberta did, we'd likely end up in a similar predicament. Imagine if one of your loved ones got into a serious car accident and required an ICU bed for treatment. However, all the surplus beds have already been taken by anti-vaxxers due to COVID, preventing your loved one from getting the treatment they require. Are you beginning to see how this might affect you?
Again, I don't care. Nothing I can do about it, so I don't let it concern me.

What exactly would you suggest I do about it anyways? Tell all the fat, lazy people stuck in ICU to stop stuffing cheeseburgers down their gullets long enough to go get vaccinated so their obesity and diabeetus doesn't kill them when they catch this wuhang flu? That's their choice to get vaccinated or not, you and I have ZERO say in someone else's health. If you're a healthy, fit person, catching covid won't kill you. Maybe they should start there.

I'd rather spend my time and effort making sure myself and my family are looked after, fed, and that we have money in the bank.

Situations like the one you described illustrate exactly why we need a two-tiered healthcare system here in Canada.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

737Maximilian wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:39 am True, but the vaccines drastically reduce the transmissibility of the virus and the severity of the disease. No vaccine has ever been 100%, but their widespread use will eventually result in a herd immunity that can keep our hospitals from being overwhelmed.
So, where does herd immunity "kick in" then? We're already over 80%. What's it going to take in your expert opinion?

Return to “Covid”