Air Canada pilot refuses to get vaccinated, in peril of losing job

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Air Canada pilot refuses to get vaccinated, in peril of losing job

Post by CpnCrunch »

So, which avcanada poster is this? Jerry Rig?

https://www.newmarkettoday.ca/local-new ... ob-4502240
---------- ADS -----------

bob99
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Air Canada pilot refuses to get vaccinated, in peril of losing job

Post by bob99 »

Well there's a few hundred furloughs that will happily take his spot.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Air Canada first officer with an address in Orillia that is not vaccinated.

This guy is an idiot... he'll be terminated with cause because what are the chances that there are more than one FO who is unvaccinated from Orillia?

https://www.newmarkettoday.ca/local-new ... ob-4502240

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Good for him for sticking to his beliefs but the article says 90% have got the vaccine. My quick math says that means roughly 400 decided not to take it?

Let’s Go Brandon
2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

Time for a Top Gun Reference ?
You know the one about truck driving school :) or have all the top gun fans migrated to the other site that sells the truck driving school T shirts ?

737Maximilian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 737Maximilian »

There's freedom of choice, but there's also consequences to these decisions. When you think three months of research makes you more informed than the experts who've spent their entire careers studying in this field, a forced LOA is the result.

At least you had the choice, where 600 pilots did not. Their return to flying depends entirely on the prompt return to normalcy only the mass-vaccination of our society can provide. If you want to join the group spouting pseudo- or anti-science rhetoric directly opposing this goal, any one of the 600 would be happy to take your spot.

Sorry, but I have no sympathy.

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

“To have all that thrown away…”. No dude you chose to throw it away.

Capt. Underpants
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Capt. Underpants »

A fact is information minus emotion.

An opinion is information plus experience.

Ignorance is an opinion without information.

And stupidity is an opinion that ignores facts.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

I couldn’t care less. Sucks to be you.

And stop whining to the media — you know like your pax aren't supposed to do?

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

A very replaceable pilot who has had more than enough time to see the complete lack of side effects of the vaccine in the majority of people who’ve had it administered and who’s self-sacrifice will go completely unnoticed in Canada.

We will never see Southwest style disruptions that are a result of the idiocracy to the south.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
speedah
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by speedah »

Inverted2 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:53 am Good for him for sticking to his beliefs but the article says 90% have got the vaccine. My quick math says that means roughly 400 decided not to take it?
It's about 70 pilots currently that are being placed on LOA for failure to vaccinate.

bob99
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bob99 »

So, less than 2% of AC pilots are unvaccinated. I don't think this guy is gonna get the sympathy he's looking for.

Loon-A-Tic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Loon-A-Tic »

bob99 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:11 pm So, less than 2% of AC pilots are unvaccinated. I don't think this guy is gonna get the sympathy he's looking for.
If he’s looking for sympathy he’ll find it between “sorry & syphilis” in Webster’s

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

speedah wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:22 pm
Inverted2 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:53 am Good for him for sticking to his beliefs but the article says 90% have got the vaccine. My quick math says that means roughly 400 decided not to take it?
It's about 70 pilots currently that are being placed on LOA for failure to vaccinate.
The numbers I saw were employees across the board. It make sense that the group of employees who have specialized training that is not transferable to another industry would have a higher uptake in the vaccine. It's also the group that is more likely to be better educated.

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

Yes you have the right to make your own decision but you have to live by that decision.

In the case of Covid and seeing that parts of Canada now have close 90% of their population fully vaccinated with very few having major side effects and if the numbers as reported here that 98% of Air Canada pilots are fully vaccinated, this person for the sake of his/her job better change his/her tune…

I would have no problem with Air Canada terminating anyone that dies not follow the vaccine mandate.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

737Maximilian wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:09 pm Their return to flying depends entirely on the prompt return to normalcy only the mass-vaccination of our society can provide.
Just had to point out that the fact you think mass-vaccination is the silver bullet to end the pandemic is laughable. Vaccine uptake is higher than ever, and cases continue to climb. Keep dreaming.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:02 am
737Maximilian wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:09 pm Their return to flying depends entirely on the prompt return to normalcy only the mass-vaccination of our society can provide.
Just had to point out that the fact you think mass-vaccination is the silver bullet to end the pandemic is laughable. Vaccine uptake is higher than ever, and cases continue to climb. Keep dreaming.
Congratulations on looking at the raw COVID case number and making an assumption regarding the data's relationship to vaccine effectiveness.

Rate of COVID-19 cases 12 times higher among unvaccinated than vaccinated: PHAC

Ontario reports 798 new COVID cases, 497 are in unvaccinated people -- Article a little dated. As of that date, Ontario, 77% of eligible Ontarians were fully vaccinated (~67% of all Ontarioans). When 73% of cases are in 33% of the group (unvaccinated), you've got to think to yourself, how the f* can anyone keep spreading the bs that the vaccines are not effective?

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Question. Could other flight crew members refuse assignments with this FO since he/she has publicly stated no vaccination status. For example could a fully vaccinated Captain refuse to fly trips with this FO due to close contact cockpit environment, citing safety and more importantly his/her health, especially if said Captain has young kids at home.

PS reverse question as well fully vaccinated FO vs an unwilling not vaccinated Captain.

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CYERCaptainPooping »

Pilots should refuse to fly with unvaccinated crews. This has gone on for to long and the only way back to normal is when everyone is vaccinated. These anti vax colleagues are putting everyone at risk and it’s all without good reasons. I say give them 6 months to figure it out and if they still refuse fire them.

palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by palebird »

My gosh people. This is a casedemic. The health authorities are using cases to justify vaccines. The PCR test is open to rampant misuse and they are doing just that. If they magnify the test by 40 times (so called cycle rate) they can find anything. Including Covid. Because one thing is clear. Covid will be found in everybody that is tested. It is endemic. Never going away. And for the majority of people it means nothing. Except if you happen to have an agenda, such as the government of Canada. Taking an experimental vaccine may or may not help you. Jury is still out. The world population is the clinical trial test. Cool. You are far better off living healthy in my humble opinion.

Return to “Covid”