Will you be fully vaccinated by Nov 1st?

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.

Will you be fully vaccinated by Nov 1st?

Yes
77%
No
23%

Total votes: 145

porcsord
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Will you be fully vaccinated by Nov 1st?

Post by porcsord »

I think this pole is probably flawed in showing the percentage that will not be fully vaccinated by the end of October. As this forum and the internet in general has made abundantly clear, it's that the fringe groups are the most vocal and the most likely to comment/participate. Anybody who enjoys aviation that I know avoids this site like the plague.
---------- ADS -----------

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

porcsord wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:58 pm I think this pole is probably flawed in showing the percentage that will not be fully vaccinated by the end of October. As this forum and the internet in general has made abundantly clear, it's that the fringe groups are the most vocal and the most likely to comment/participate. Anybody who enjoys aviation that I know avoids this site like the plague.
Your guesswork aside, the major flaw in the poll is the definition of "fully vaccinated." The meaning is migrating now to 3 shots, not 2, with regular boosters becoming a discussion point on media. Maybe on number 4 or 5 you will really know what a heroin junkie feels like.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

ReserveTank wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:18 am
porcsord wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:58 pm I think this pole is probably flawed in showing the percentage that will not be fully vaccinated by the end of October. As this forum and the internet in general has made abundantly clear, it's that the fringe groups are the most vocal and the most likely to comment/participate. Anybody who enjoys aviation that I know avoids this site like the plague.
Your guesswork aside, the major flaw in the poll is the definition of "fully vaccinated." The meaning is migrating now to 3 shots, not 2, with regular boosters becoming a discussion point on media. Maybe on number 4 or 5 you will really know what a heroin junkie feels like.
Your statement is a blatant lie.
Fully vaccinated: People who have either:

Received both doses of a vaccine that requires 2 doses to complete the vaccination series (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty, Moderna Spikevax, AstraZeneca Vaxzevria or COVISHIELD COVID-19 vaccines).
Received 1 dose of a vaccine that only requires 1 dose to complete the vaccination series (such as the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine).
Received 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccine after a previous laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 infection (only in Quebec).
Source

Hot Wings
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hot Wings »

Spare us the horseshit.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

It’s pretty amazing how people in this day and age still use slippery slope fallacies.

Remember, vaccination is ALWAYS the goal for any significant diseases. Even mostly non-fatal ones like chicken pox. People get flu shots every year. How many is that?

I’d rather be a heroin junkie than a willful ignoramus.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by palebird »

Let's go Brandon fool.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Let’s go Brandon was a work of art.

The reporter compliments the interviewee, keeps it family friendly, and creates an absolute train wreck of triggered Trumpsters in her wake that are still talking about a 2 sec sound bite.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by palebird »

It is way more than that. Unbelievable how this site harbors so many deniers. Let's go Brandon has triggered something big. People are tired of this nonsense. There is the number one song on Itunes "Let's Go Brandon" by Bryson Gray. Ha ha hilarious. There is even a country version. And a hip hop version by Loza Alexander way up on the charts. And this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9DClYso2FA&t=4s

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

palebird wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:01 am It is way more than that. Unbelievable how this site harbors so many deniers. Let's go Brandon has triggered something big. People are tired of this nonsense. There is the number one song on Itunes "Let's Go Brandon" by Bryson Gray. Ha ha hilarious. There is even a country version. And a hip hop version by Loza Alexander way up on the charts. And this:
I thought it was something in Manitoba, but it appears not...it seems to be a silly schoolboy piece of idiotic nastiness. Not quite sure what it has to do with vaccines, but I'm sure palebird will explain.

Hot Wings
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hot Wings »

palebird wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:01 am It is way more than that. Unbelievable how this site harbors so many deniers. Let's go Brandon has triggered something big. People are tired of this nonsense. There is the number one song on Itunes "Let's Go Brandon" by Bryson Gray. Ha ha hilarious. There is even a country version. And a hip hop version by Loza Alexander way up on the charts. And this:
Excuse me while I wash out my eyes and ears with soap. Awful doesn’t begin to describe whatever the f*ck that is.

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

imjustlurking wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:50 am
Your statement is a blatant lie.
Fully vaccinated: People who have either:

Received both doses of a vaccine that requires 2 doses to complete the vaccination series (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty, Moderna Spikevax, AstraZeneca Vaxzevria or COVISHIELD COVID-19 vaccines).
Received 1 dose of a vaccine that only requires 1 dose to complete the vaccination series (such as the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine).
Received 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccine after a previous laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 infection (only in Quebec).
Source
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/cdc-di ... 021-10-22/

The key word, as I mentioned previously, is "migrating." That means your window of what's acceptable will shift to the 3rd, 4th, and so on. As we well know, Canada is a few paces behind the US on the vax program. Your national bubble notwithstanding, this is a global vax program, so the timing is irrelevant--what matters is that the definition is changing.

(You did catch that the definition of "vaccine" has changed, yes?)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.6225602
Looks like the door for number 3 is opening. That's how it started down south.

https://www.trtworld.com/life/israel-ma ... ates-50431
Ouch. I'm sure it will only be Israel, right? They'd surely never exercise influence to the west... :rolleyes:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/26/heal ... index.html
Number 4 already on the burner.
‘Bob’ wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:46 am It’s pretty amazing how people in this day and age still use slippery slope fallacies.

Remember, vaccination is ALWAYS the goal for any significant diseases. Even mostly non-fatal ones like chicken pox. People get flu shots every year. How many is that?

I’d rather be a heroin junkie than a willful ignoramus.
It's not a fallacy if it's actually happening. There's the links above--from your reliable, credible sources. They're telling the public very directly what they are planning to do with boosters. They already defeated you with the victim psychology last year. Now that you're neutered, they can slide as many needles into your arm as they'd like. Just how they did with Appalachia and the entire west coast of North America. Same needle, same psychology, different drug. They've won the important part of their battle...the rhetoric. Pretending there's no profit and political motives is absolutely willfully ignorant.

I'm not anti-vax. In fact, I think you guys should get as many shots as makes them happy and rich :wink:

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

ReserveTank wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:02 am As we well know, Canada is a few paces behind the US on the vax program.
Are we?

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Bingo Fuel wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:03 pm
ReserveTank wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:02 am As we well know, Canada is a few paces behind the US on the vax program.
Are we?

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations
ReserveTank is trying to cover up a lie with a lie. Shocker!

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

palebird wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:01 am Unbelievable how this site harbors so many deniers.
That many I’m not sure, very vocal? Yes!

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

Seems 4000 health care workers in BC have yet to be vaccinated and are set to loose their jobs. Nov will be interesting to see what happens in our industry. I'm guessing the job board will tell the story.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

mmm..bacon wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:43 pm I think that many will grumble very loudly; when faced with the prospect of unemployment, they'll roll up their sleeves..
Yup, judging by the business as usual job board and lack of disruptions so far I guess everyone "complied". It's easy to scream all angry on the internet but it takes a little more determination to actually loose a job over it.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

Someday reservetank will be on his reserve tank of oxygen. Or maybe not, if enough people in his periphery do bother to get vaccinated.

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

I think if you torture data long enough you can get it to say anything to support whatever view you have.

What doesn’t add up to me is this:

After getting fully vaccinated, I need a “booster”
I still need to get tested.
I still need to wear a mask to protect others from myself
I still have to social distance,
And I can still catch Covid and end up in hospital.

Exactly what type of Orwellian logic is required to see this as reasonable?

Any employee of a restaurant can demand I show ID and a vaccination “passport”. With my birthdate on it. There is no legal authority for them to do that. But the government has appointed them as defacto Covid police.

I applaud anyone who is willing to stand on principle facing the threat of being jobless. Again, by companies that have become defacto Covid police. So eager to jump on the government agenda.

I wonder if my grandchildren will ever know freedom as we did when Butts and flashy socks have implemented their “ Build back Better” , Great Reset.

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
Hot Wings
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hot Wings »

trey kule wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:20 pm I think if you torture data long enough you can get it to say anything to support whatever view you have.

What doesn’t add up to me is this:

After getting fully vaccinated, I need a “booster”
I still need to get tested.
I still need to wear a mask to protect others from myself
I still have to social distance,
And I can still catch Covid and end up in hospital.

Exactly what type of Orwellian logic is required to see this as reasonable?

Any employee of a restaurant can demand I show ID and a vaccination “passport”. With my birthdate on it. There is no legal authority for them to do that. But the government has appointed them as defacto Covid police.

I applaud anyone who is willing to stand on principle facing the threat of being jobless. Again, by companies that have become defacto Covid police. So eager to jump on the government agenda.

I wonder if my grandchildren will ever know freedom as we did when Butts and flashy socks have implemented their “ Build back Better” , Great Reset.
Nuance? Never!

Return to “Covid”