Will you be fully vaccinated by Nov 1st?

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.

Yes
77%
No
23%

Total votes: 145

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

Just wondering how many pilots are willing to loose their job over the jab.
---------- ADS -----------

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
porcsord
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Will you be fully vaccinated by Nov 1st?

Post by porcsord »

I was fully vaxxed at the end of January. Couldn't get it in me quick enough. I felt like what I imagine heroine junkies feel like.

shinysideup
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by shinysideup »

No experimental jab for me!! Taking full, real early retirement, but living free in latin america!!

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

shinysideup wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:38 pm No experimental jab for me!! Taking full, real early retirement, but living free in latin america!!
I disagree with your opinion regarding the vaccine, but I admire that you are willing to accept the consequences for your decision.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

imjustlurking wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:41 pm
shinysideup wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:38 pm No experimental jab for me!! Taking full, real early retirement, but living free in latin america!!
I disagree with your opinion regarding the vaccine, but I admire that you are willing to accept the consequences for your decision.
Doesn’t sound like much of a consequence to me. Sounds like he’s got it figured out!

Enjoy your retirement

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:30 pm
imjustlurking wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:41 pm
Doesn’t sound like much of a consequence to me. Sounds like he’s got it figured out!

Enjoy your retirement
Remember, consequences aren't always negative. The word is too often interpreted as a negative word, but it is quite neutral in definition.

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

I think the interesting thing we're seeing so far with this poll is that the pilot community pretty much matches the general public response to the vaccine in Canada. 80% vaccination rate. But given this mandate, a loss of 20% of the pilot workforce will be pretty dramatic during the pandemic recovery.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

ahhhh yes! It sure help with the (wrong) decision knowing that it will not put you in a dire financial situation.
October 2021, it's only experimental in your head.

On a side note and speaking about those Air Canada pilots refusing to take the jabs, I'm wondering how many of them would not be affected financially by loosing their job.

Not all but probably a good chunk.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

TG wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:12 pm
ahhhh yes! It sure help with the (wrong) decision knowing that it will not put you in a dire financial situation.

On a side note and speaking about those Air Canada pilots refusing to take the jabs, I'm wondering how many of them would not be affected financially by loosing their job.

How does someone else's financials concern you in the slightest? Who cares?

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:30 am

That is exactly the attitude I expect from someone who is against the vaccine. The common thread I see among your people is "who cares about anyone other than you?"

Hot Wings
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hot Wings »

In the words of Steppenwolf: “You want to retire? Get out of the way!”

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

imjustlurking wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:16 am
PostmasterGeneral wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:30 am

That is exactly the attitude I expect from someone who is against the vaccine. The common thread I see among your people is "who cares about anyone other than you?"
I’m not against it at all. My entire family is double vaxxed. We did our part, I can’t control what other people do, so I don’t let it bother me. Like I said, we’ve had a wonderful last couple of years.

You are dialed up to 11, man. Take a breath, realize you can only control so much, and do your part.

pecessix
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by pecessix »

No covid vaccine for me, a friend's brother had a pericarditis following his second shot, number 6 with an issue around us for the last few months, I really don't want to try this. Good luck to the vaccinated, I hope you will be safe (sincerely).
I won't work as a pilot anymore, unless this stupid rule goes away...
My wife has just been put on leave for not telling her boss her vaccine status (by the way, it's illegal to ask this, I cannot even ask our family doctor if she is vaccinated or not...), no more money going to our bank account, but there are plenty of jobs out there. We'll find something.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

pecessix wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:16 pm No covid vaccine for me, a friend's brother had a pericarditis following his second shot, number 6 with an issue around us for the last few months, I really don't want to try this. Good luck to the vaccinated, I hope you will be safe (sincerely).
I won't work as a pilot anymore, unless this stupid rule goes away...
My wife has just been put on leave for not telling her boss her vaccine status (by the way, it's illegal to ask this, I cannot even ask our family doctor if she is vaccinated or not...), no more money going to our bank account, but there are plenty of jobs out there. We'll find something.
You're more afraid of pericarditis, the temporary inflamation of the sac around your heart more than COVID-19, the disease that is leaving millions around the world with long lasting respiratory dysfunction?

broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broken_slinky »

pecessix wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:16 pm it's illegal to ask this, I cannot even ask our family doctor if she is vaccinated or not...
They can ask if there is a government mandate. An employer has the duty to protect its business and employees so they can choose to terminate an employee who does not provide proof. That being said, the employee is entitled to severance through constructive dismissal.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

broken_slinky wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:03 am
pecessix wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:16 pm it's illegal to ask this, I cannot even ask our family doctor if she is vaccinated or not...
They can ask if there is a government mandate. An employer has the duty to protect its business and employees so they can choose to terminate an employee who does not provide proof. That being said, the employee is entitled to severance through constructive dismissal.
Discrimination laws are at the provincial level. Vaccination status is not covered in Ontario.
This policy prohibits discrimination or harassment based on the following grounds, and any combination of these grounds:

Sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding)
Sexual orientation
Gender identity
Gender expression
Family status (such as being in a parent-child relationship)
Marital status (including married, single, widowed, divorced, separated or living in a conjugal relationship outside of marriage, whether in a same-sex or opposite-sex relationship)
Disability (including mental, physical, developmental or learning disabilities)
Race
Ancestry
Place of origin
Ethnic origin
Citizenship
Colour
Record of offences (criminal conviction for a provincial offence, or for an offence for which a pardon has been received)
Association or relationship with a person identified by one of the above grounds
Perception that one of the above grounds applies.
http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/policy-primer- ... n-policies

broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broken_slinky »

imjustlurking wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:14 am
Discrimination laws are at the provincial level. Vaccination status is not covered in Ontario.
This policy prohibits discrimination or harassment based on the following grounds, and any combination of these grounds:

Sexual orientation
Gender identity
Gender expression
Marital status (including married, single, widowed, divorced, separated or living in a conjugal relationship outside of marriage, whether in a same-sex or opposite-sex relationship)
Race
Ancestry
Place of origin
Ethnic origin
Citizenship
Colour
Record of offences (criminal conviction for a provincial offence, or for an offence for which a pardon has been received)
Association or relationship with a person identified by one of the above grounds
And where does vaccination status fall into your lovely cut and paste?

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

broken_slinky wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:41 am
imjustlurking wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:14 am

Sexual orientation
Gender identity
Gender expression
Race
Ancestry
Place of origin
Ethnic origin
Citizenship
Colour
And where does vaccination status fall into your lovely cut and paste?
It doesn't. That was the point.

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

Bump to get more votes... hard to believe that almost 30% will be walking off the job in a few days, someone is going to be picking up some overtime.

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

I think that many will grumble very loudly; when faced with the prospect of unemployment, they'll roll up their sleeves..

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!

Return to “Covid”