Will you be fully vaccinated by Nov 1st?

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.

Will you be fully vaccinated by Nov 1st?

Yes
77%
No
23%

Total votes: 145

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Will you be fully vaccinated by Nov 1st?

Post by CYERCaptainPooping »

You haven't asked any real questions.

Your question to me was what makes me qualified to decide what I do with my body. And I told you my thoughts on that question.

What makes fat people qualified to decide to eat sugar? What makes people qualified to decide to drink alcohol? What makes people qualified to smoke?
---------- ADS -----------

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:09 am You haven't asked any real questions.

Your question to me was what makes me qualified to decide what I do with my body. And I told you my thoughts on that question.

What makes fat people qualified to decide to eat sugar? What makes people qualified to decide to drink alcohol? What makes people qualified to smoke?
What are you doing to get back to work?

You continue to claim that the government and the media are poisoning our country with propaganda, but that's as far as you go. Complaints with no action.

Do you want Theresa Tam to change her mind? How would you do that? Or should she just be fired? Again, how? Would the doctor who replaces her be any different?

Because I certainly don't see any path for the unvaccinated to get back into the flight deck.

You're waiting for Trudeau to change his mind. Good luck with that.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:09 am You haven't asked any real questions.

What about this? What about that?

Sounds like somebody without any valid arguments to back up their claim.

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

imjustlurking wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:09 am

What valid argument do I need? 😂. I don't want the vaccine, so I won't take the vaccine. I don't need to give a reason. Your head must hurt all day being worried about what choices other people make 😂

I could be talked into changing my mind about vaccines, but so far the politicians and experts have lost me in their policy.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:30 am
imjustlurking wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:09 am

What valid argument do I need? 😂. I don't want the vaccine, so I won't take the vaccine. I don't need to give a reason. Your head must hurt all day being worried about what choices other people make 😂

I could be talked into changing my mind about vaccines, but so far the politicians and experts have lost me in their policy.
That's a valid reason to not get the vaccine, but it does not justify the bullshit you've been posting.

Enjoy your permanent vacation from the aviation industry.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

https://www.cp24.com/news/ont-logs-627- ... -1.5676043

So the fully “immunized” outnumber the filthy unwashed in China Flu cases now for Ontario. :lol:

Let’s Go Brandon
I WAS Pez
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by I WAS Pez »

The reason people are concerned about decisions others make with respect to vaccines for transmissible deadly illnesses, is that the actions of others impact everyone. Unless you're not interacting with anyone else, and have effectively removed yourself from society. It is incumbent upon all those that do not have a valid medical reason for not getting vaccinated, to get vaccinated. In fact, I'd say there's a moral obligation to do so, to protect the broader community.

Now, on being talked into changing your mind:

1. Coercive measures - if you don't get vaccinated, your employment opportunities will become increasingly restricted, and getting let go for not being vaccinated for COVID won't get you EI. Your ability to travel via air will be restricted. Your ability to travel internationally will be restricted. Your ability to attend many businesses will be restricted...it goes on.

2. Individual health - the science is clear. COVID sucks. Not just for the risk of death, but for a long list of pretty ugly symptoms and side effects. There are numerous studies and stats from reputable organizations and governments that clearly show this. The best measure we have to provide individual protection is the vaccines we have available. Want to protect yourself? Get vaccinated. It's that simple.

3. The health of others - Getting vaccinated reduces both your individual risk of COVID and your ability to spread it. It also reduces the load on our healthcare systems, and cost to taxpayers to treat those unnecessarily ill with COVID in hospital. Reducing the spread to others reduces the chances of giving COVID to your: kids, parents, extended family, neighbours, friends, co-workers, etc. Reducing the strain on our healthcare system frees up critical resources needed to deal with all kinds of other health issues, and also saves money.

Does that help?

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Inverted2 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:50 am https://www.cp24.com/news/ont-logs-627- ... -1.5676043

So the fully “immunized” outnumber the filthy unwashed in China Flu cases now for Ontario. :lol:
Please take your derogatory comments elsewhere.

And for the record, your claim is stupid.
Of the new cases reported today, 286 involve those who are fully vaccinated, 282 are in people who are unvaccinated, 36 involve individuals with an unknown vaccination status, and 23 are in people who have received one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Even if we consider the 36 with unknown status to be fully vaccinated, 48.6% of the cases come from the 21% of the population that is not fully vaccinated. If you do not understand that concept, please let me know so that I can make fun of you some more before explaining it so simply that a 3 year old would understand.

I WAS Pez
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by I WAS Pez »

Inverted2 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:50 am https://www.cp24.com/news/ont-logs-627- ... -1.5676043

From the referenced article:
It should be noted that while breakthrough infections have been rising in the province in recent weeks, unvaccinated people are still disproportionately impacted by the virus. About 45 per cent of today’s cases were found in the 20 per cent of the population who have not received a single dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
So... about 80% vaccinated in Ontario make up about 55% of cases, and the 20% unvaccinated make up 45%.

The numbers in ICU are overwhelmingly the unvaccinated, as are those that will die.

Vaccines don't make you bulletproof, and protection wanes (hence 3rd doses coming). They are the single most important tool we have available to fight this disease, and remain very effective at minimizing the chances of severe illness and death. Unfortunately, many of the other measures like masking and limiting contacts, need to be kept up still, as we see from these numbers.

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:30 am I could be talked into changing my mind about vaccines, but so far the politicians and experts have lost me in their policy.
The policy is the big issue. This is the kind of action I've been bugging you about.

So how do we change policy? We elect new leaders who will change it. That didn't pan out in the last federal election.

What other recourse do we have? The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Specifically Section 24:
24.(1) Anyone whose rights or freedoms, as guaranteed by this Charter, have been infringed or denied may apply to a court of competent jurisdiction to obtain such remedy as the court considers appropriate and just in the circumstances.
So get your day in court. Maybe get a crowdfunding campaign going? You'll need to do better than these cases who have challenged COVID restrictions:

Gateway Bible Church et al. v. Manitoba et al., 2021

https://www.jccf.ca/wp-content/uploads/ ... QB-218.pdf

Taylor v. Newfoundland and Labrador, 2020

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/7 ... el-ban.pdf

While you're waiting for your day in court, maybe a coordinated protest involving all of the aviation sector workers who were involuntary placed on unpaid leave.

Or you can keep on complaining and changing nothing. Your move.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Well you previously said "Pilots should refuse to fly with unvaccinated crews. This has gone on for to long and the only way back to normal is when everyone is vaccinated."

iflygirl_92
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by iflygirl_92 »

You're an IDIOT
Apples and oranges,
Get COVID infect your friends and family then DIE!!!
You eating sugar or smoking will not get me sick, not having the vaccine and being anti-vax will.
GO back to you FOX news echo chamber

its the 5% rule here
5 % of the population are morons and can't be trusted go back to your conservative narrative
Guess how many aren't vaxxed? about 5 %
YOU'RE THE PROBLEM

ANTI VAXXERS ARE THE BIGGEST THREAT TO THE RECOVERY OF OUR INDUSTRY

MORONS!!!

Last edited by iflygirl_92 on Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

iflygirl_92 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:41 am Your an IDIOT
Apples and oranges,
While I'm firmly on the vaccination side of the fence, I think that, if I were an AV-er, I'd be less than convinced by an argument that fails on a basic grammar/syntax level...

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
iflygirl_92
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by iflygirl_92 »

mmm..bacon wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:47 am
iflygirl_92 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:41 am Your an IDIOT
Apples and oranges,
While I'm firmly on the vaccination side of the fence, I think that, if I were an AV-er, I'd be less than convinced by an argument that fails on a basic grammar/syntax level...
GREAT ARGUMENT no real defence so insult my grammar on a forum .....ok :lol:

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

iflygirl_92 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:49 am GREAT ARGUMENT no real defence so insult my grammar on a forum .....ok :lol:
Yeah, I must be pretty dumb, because I can't tell if you're pro-vax and angry, or anti-vax and sarcastic.

iflygirl_92
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by iflygirl_92 »

Bingo Fuel wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:55 am
iflygirl_92 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:49 am GREAT ARGUMENT no real defence so insult my grammar on a forum .....ok :lol:
Yeah, I must be pretty dumb, because I can't tell if you're pro-vax and angry, or anti-vax and sarcastic.
I guess you must be then....

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Fly girl, one argument I hear is that hospital capacity is strained.

Smoking and poor diet is definitely a contributor to hospital cases. Yes it’s different that it’s not contagious, however it does place a huge burden on our healthcare to have cancer, and heard disease patients occupy beds when they may have been healthy if it was not for their habits. Mind you, I am okay with people making their own choices and I’m merely making a comparison that shows other decisions also create burdens on healthcare.

Also, by design vaccines are to protect the individual who takes the vaccine. This whole idea that when I wear a mask I protect you, or when o get vaccinated I protect you, I don’t subscribe to it. PPE (personal protective equipment). It could be possible that being vaccinated limits your chances of spreading covid, however to what extent I am not sure. Why is it 40 percent of a pro hockey team all got covid when they were all vaccinated? What evidence can you draw on to show that being vaccinated prevented transmission? Why do vaccinated people still mask? Well there you should have your answer. There is very limited evidence to support that being vaccinated substantially reduces the risk of transmitting covid. So this issue is definitely more complicated.

If you can’t accept the risks on my choice of ppe, I guess you will have to just stay away from me. I am living within the regulations put in place by our leaders. I don’t dine in, I don’t have a fake vax port and try to break the rules. I live within the law, so what are you yelling at me for? I have made sacrifices in my choice to not get vaccinated, and that makes me equal in society. If I want more privileges I could get vaccinated and enjoy more luxuries. I would argue as I am living within the health guidelines that your government has in place I am nothing to do with the covid problem. If you don’t like my restrictions, go ask your MP to impose ore restrictions on the non vax people. What do you think is fair mitigation for those not vaccinated? I think I’m doing my part. Why don’t you worry about yourself?

Last edited by CYERCaptainPooping on Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iflygirl_92
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by iflygirl_92 »

Are you so racist you think its ok to say China FLU?

You're garbage and a BIGOT

iflygirl_92
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by iflygirl_92 »

Dude you live in the North maybe you don't get the legit "news channels"

You keep telling yourself that you stay in Fort Severn i don't want you at my airline.

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:18 pm Fly girl, one argument I hear is that hospital capacity is strained.

Smoking and poor diet is definitely a contributor to hospital cases. Yes it’s different that it’s not contagious, however it does place a huge burden on our healthcare to have cancer, and heard disease patients occupy beds when they may have been healthy if it was not for their habits. Mind you, I am okay with people making their own choices and I’m merely making a comparison that shows other decisions also create burdens on healthcare.

Also, by design vaccines are to protect the individual who takes the vaccine. This whole idea that when I wear a mask I protect you, or when o get vaccinated I protect you, I don’t subscribe to it. PPE (personal protective equipment). It could be possible that being vaccinated limits your chances of spreading covid, however to what extent I am not sure. Why is it 40 percent of a pro hockey team all got covid when they were all vaccinated? What evidence can you draw on to show that being vaccinated prevented transmission? Why do vaccinated people still mask? Well there you should have your answer. There is very limited evidence to support that being vaccinated substantially reduces the risk of transmitting covid. So this issue is definitely more complicated.

If you can’t accept the risks on my choice of ppe, I guess you will have to just stay away from me. I am living within the regulations put in place by our leaders. I don’t dine in, I don’t have a fake vax port and try to break the rules. I live within the law, so what are you yelling at me for? I have made sacrifices in my choice to not get vaccinated, and that makes me equal in society. If I want more privileges I could get vaccinated and enjoy more luxuries. I would argue as I am living within the health guidelines that your government has in place I am nothing to do with the covid problem. If you don’t like my restrictions, go ask your MP to impose ore restrictions on the non vax people. What do you think is fair mitigation for those not vaccinated? I think I’m doing my part. Why don’t you worry about yourself?

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Fly girl

It’s a fact that being vaccinated may not always prevent you transmitting covid. However being vaccinated gives you the privilege to dine in and go maskless in a restaurant. By eating there you increase the risk of covid transmission. Would it be fair for me to argue fly girl should not be allowed to eat at a restaurant because the risk is higher than if she only did take out!? We could talk risk mitigation all day. While I don’t agree with my statement, I don’t care if you dine in, but if I did I guess I would have to go write my MP and let them know. I could tell them how the risk is to great for my pansy scared ass and no one should dine in! We could all die! But yeah, that sounds a little ridiculous right? Just like the little ridiculous you sound with your argument. Take a deep breath.

If we are to listen to the experts and politicians, I am already doing that. I am accepting the restrictions placed on the unvaccinated, and by doing so besides the restrictions I have to comply with in all other ways I am equal in society.

Go get mad at someone who’s breaking the law… like driving 120 in a 100 zone. Scream at them all you want :lol: don’t get mad at me for following the rules the experts made. I have said I disagree with the rules, but I follow them. :wink:

Return to “Covid”