Colin Powell dies from Covid complications - Fully vaccinated

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
The Prof
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Colin Powell dies from Covid complications - Fully vaccinated

Post by The Prof »

Invertago wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:23 pm Natural immunity is great and wonderful as long as you can achieve it with out tying up the ER for a month or being out of work for months with long covid. Vaccines are just a tool to improve the situation, not the end solution by themselves.
Couldn't agree more.

I would just like the authorities to also recognize that and realize maybe segregating society based on such a black and white solution isn't the greatest policy idea that's all.
---------- ADS -----------

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

The Prof wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:02 pm
imjustlurking wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:32 am Now shut the @#$! up with your stupid conspiracy theories, comments about how you're healthy and young, and "medical advice" from fringe experts. You're only proving that you are a selfish prick who has no empathy or compassion.
Not sure if you're referring to me with your "conspiracy theorists" and "proving I'm a selfish prick" comments. But if you are, let me ask you this, if I have naturally obtained immunity through being exposed to Covid over the past year and a half, and I have a positive antibody test proving I have natural antibodies, and according to the latest science Natural Immunity is at least as good if not better than vaccine induced immunity, then why would I be mandated to take a vaccine with a risk of an adverse affect, albeit small. How does that make me selfish? To me, that is an illogical conclusion, and seems more selfish on your part for you wanting for me to conform to your beliefs. The fact you try to belittle me with a statement such as a "conspiracy theorist" shows how little you really know.

I won't stoop to your level of insults, but I would suggest you take your anger elsewhere.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 21262415v1

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-ar ... Hc.twitter

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 111v1.full

I can link to another 20+ studies that prove my point if you would like me too. These arn't from fringe experts they're from a number of scientific institutions and individuals. Probably not funded by pharmaceutical companies though. Although who knows.
Was not referring to you specifically, but since you're putting your neck out...

"Natural immunity" is not immunity. Not even the vaccine gives you immunity.

But let's assume that you thought "immunity" meant protection. The protection your body has is not as effective against other strains of the virus as the vaccine are. The vaccines are engineered to give your body a wider spectrum of protection.

And yes, you are selfish. The vaccines are free and only take 30 minutes out of your day. Being vaccinated reduces the chance that you will get so sick that you will take up a hospital bed that is needed for people who are experiencing other non-preventable medical distress. Being vaccinated reduces the time that you would be contagious if you got sick again AND it would reduce the amount of virus that you are spreading.

Stop being an :orcass:, roll up your sleeve, and get your shot.

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CYERCaptainPooping »

Exactly. I don’t know what all the pouting is about. Literally so easy to get the shot and it’s free. You can’t deny the science.

Hot Wings
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hot Wings »

We’ve also beat this horse so badly that I don’t think there’s anything left…

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Hot Wings wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:56 pm We’ve also beat this horse so badly that I don’t think there’s anything left…
Just a little glue...

Return to “Covid”