New Normal of non critical thinking

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

New Normal of non critical thinking

Post by CYERCaptainPooping »

---------- ADS -----------

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: New Normal of non critical thinking

Post by imjustlurking »

This doctor is an idiot.

His argument is that 15 people died from side effects of the vaccine whereas hundreds of people per day are kept out of the ICU in Ontario alone.

That argument is as truthful as saying "Air Canada is always late because I took two flights with them and they were both late." Sure, everyone is going to have their own experiences, but you should have learned as a child that having an opinion does not mean that you have the prevailing opinion or that your opinion represents the truth.

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

imjustlurking wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:41 am This doctor is an idiot.

His argument is that 15 people died from side effects of the vaccine whereas hundreds of people per day are kept out of the ICU in Ontario alone.

That argument is as truthful as saying "Air Canada is always late because I took two flights with them and they were both late." Sure, everyone is going to have their own experiences, but you should have learned as a child that having an opinion does not mean that you have the prevailing opinion or that your opinion represents the truth.
Nice try but no that was not his argument. Listen again.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:03 am

Nice try but no that was not his argument. Listen again.
If you don't listen to the "supporting arguments" of his main point that is to question the vaccine and the pandemic, you are not listening to his argument.

My point remains.

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:03 amNice try but no that was not his argument. Listen again.
Nevermind the bullshit clickbait. What is his argument? What did *you* take away from the video? Take some time to compose some coherent thoughts, rather than fart out a quick youtube link and an "if you didn't understand what I understood, you need to watch it again" dismissal.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

FOD wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:39 am

You really are an insufferable prickle. Pandemicist troll. You are in desperate need of a mirror. I’ve been trying to help you see your hypocrisy for weeks. Do you even read what you write? Go find another community to terrorize. Highly doubtful you are even an aviator.
You doubt that I'm an aviator? Is that supposed to be an insult?

How does it feel to constantly believe that the world is out to get you? I bet that you always feel like shit.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

FOD wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:52 am Nope. World isn’t out to get me. I just see jerks like you who happen to have come around lately and pontificate about your superiority. You take delight in seeing others‘ livelihoods destroyed. You ignore your own hypocrisy and belittle anyone who questions your out of place self worth. If you are an aviator, best reign in your arrogance and your aggressive nature. This state of affairs won’t last forever and your extremism won’t be forever tolerated. Dial it back a notch.
Call me names all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that you legally must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to keep (or get) your 705 airline job.

You can hate me all you want, but I am not the one who put the mandate in place, nor am I the person who is feeding you false information to scare you away from a safe and effective vaccine.

I am not superior to you, but I do have my job.

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

imjustlurking wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:59 am You can hate me all you want, but I am not the one who put the mandate in place, nor am I the person who is feeding you false information to scare you away from a safe and effective vaccine.
Do you use the old definition of vaccine or new one as of 2021? Looks like the vaccine is less effective than experts thought.

If a vaccine was effective, would we have mask policy, border restrictions, pcr testing for vaccinated people? How dumb do people have to be to ride the vaccine train and rave about how (not so) effective it is.

Prove to me it’s effective by changing policy in a way that backs that assertion. So far policy is basically the same for vaccinated vs unvaccinated except for little things like indoor dining. Seems to me vaccines are mildly effective based on the policy we have.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:07 am
imjustlurking wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:59 am You can hate me all you want, but I am not the one who put the mandate in place, nor am I the person who is feeding you false information to scare you away from a safe and effective vaccine.
Do you use the old definition of vaccine or new one as of 2021? Looks like the vaccine is less effective than experts thought.

If a vaccine was effective, would we have mask policy, border restrictions, pcr testing for vaccinated people? How dumb do people have to be to ride the vaccine train and rave about how (not so) effective it is.

Prove to me it’s effective by changing policy in a way that backs that assertion. So far policy is basically the same for vaccinated vs unvaccinated except for little things like indoor dining. Seems to me vaccines are mildly effective based on the policy we have.
The definition of vaccine hasn't changed. I don't care what the CDC thinks a vaccine is, because a vaccine NEVER provided immunity against a virus.

Medically speaking, a vaccine is "a preparation that is administered (as by injection) to stimulate the body's immune response against a specific infectious agent or disease"

737Maximilian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 737Maximilian »

The same tired old arguments keep being made, which are easily refuted but garner no intelligent response. Instead, they move on their next "aha" proof, basing their argument off of sources lacking any sort of credibility. And the cycle continues.

For example, a user posted how Texas had a lower per capita case count than Canada, something they undoubtedly just saw on Facebook. Thirty seconds of fact checking proved this was incorrect. When presented with these facts, the user didn't acknowledged their false claims, instead deciding to press on to whatever incoherent idea they had next. And the cycle continues.

I've tried to argue what's rational. Questions like: Why do you think you know something on subject that virtually all experts differ from you on? Or what background do you have to make this assessment? Again, no acknowledgement to these question, instead opting to present another false claim. And the cycle continues.

The title of this thread relates to critical thinking, yet all I'm seeing is a total lack thereof. Enough times your arguments have been disproven. Enough times you've been presented with creditable evidence to refute your claims. Please stop the cycle. It is tiring for the majority of us who've decided to make the rational choice by getting vaccinated and staying safe.

Last edited by 737Maximilian on Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

You really are an insufferable prickle. Pandemicist troll. You are in desperate need of a mirror. I’ve been trying to help you see your hypocrisy for weeks. Do you even read what you write? Go find another community to terrorize. Highly doubtful you are even an aviator.
From his join date and previous posts, it sounds like he works for the government Covid call (harassment) centre. Some people only come on forums like this to argue and belittle posters who’s comments don’t align with theirs and this is definitely one of those trolls.

Let’s Go Brandon
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Inverted2 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:57 am

From his join date and previous posts, it sounds like he works for the government Covid call (harassment) centre. Some people only come on forums like this to argue and belittle posters who’s comments don’t align with theirs and this is definitely one of those trolls.
No, that's me. My COVID job was booking people's COVID-19 vaccine appointment.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

FOD wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:39 am Highly doubtful you are even an aviator.
Well we know who’s definitely not going to be an aviator soon. :lol:

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

FOD wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:21 am Wrong again Bob, but you are wrong about just about everything. So no surprise there. Sticks and stones little man.
So you are vaccinated and yet you still feel the need to whine like a little :orcass:

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Just block those 2. They add nothing to the conversation.

Let’s Go Brandon
Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

FOD wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:27 am Among the worst kind of human is a pandemicist.
What is a "pandemicist"? I've searched Google for a definition and can't find one.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

List of new definitions as of 2020

Covitard- a person who wears a mask outside, or someone you see wearing a mask in a car when no one else is in the car. They are typically fully vaccinated.

Covidiot - a person who firmly believes in the need for government pandemic restrictions such as PCR testing for fully vaccinated travellers.

Pandemicist- derived from the word illusionist, is a person who is a master of the art of pandemic illusions. They use their craft to perpetuate belief of ongoing pandemics that no longer exist. Illusionary.

New Normal- A way for covitards and covidiots to attempt to rationalize what they are doing as normal.

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:20 am List of new definitions as of 2020

Covitard- a person who wears a mask outside, or someone you see wearing a mask in a car when no one else is in the car. They are typically fully vaccinated.

Covidiot - a person who firmly believes in the need for government pandemic restrictions such as PCR testing for fully vaccinated travellers.

Pandemicist- derived from the word illusionist, is a person who is a master of the art of pandemic illusions. They use their craft to perpetuate belief of ongoing pandemics that no longer exist. Illusionary.

New Normal- A way for covitards and covidiots to attempt to rationalize what they are doing as normal.
There does appear to be some disagreement on the definition of the term 'Covidiot' https://www.reddit.com/r/covidiots/

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Is Reddit your encyclopedia or where you go for your medical information and find intelligent opinions? Nice!

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:54 am Is Reddit your encyclopedia or where you go for your medical information and find intelligent opinions? Nice!
Some parts of Reddit can definitely be pretty bad, but I still find it more trustworthy than this place. I'm merely pointing out that your definitions are not universal. You have provided no additional citations to back up your claims.

I'll give you one more: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... m=Covidiot

Return to “Covid”